Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Camo Shorts

CR83 - 10-6-2005 at 04:14 PM

Ok, hands up, who's got them? I know I own a pair or 2. Now do you buy them as shorts or actually go to the Surplus store and buy the pants? Isn't this a "Scene Requirement"? They are great for fishing to hold shit and if you have a kid. You can fillthe pockets with baby stuff.

moron - 10-6-2005 at 04:19 PM

I have a pair. I made them out of a pair of camo pants my dad had that didn't fit him waist-wise or me length-wise. Theyre comfy.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-6-2005 at 04:19 PM

I have a pair of camo pants, but only because I used to play paintball out in the woods.

KyleOz - 10-6-2005 at 04:19 PM

None

BDx13 - 10-6-2005 at 04:25 PM

during the warmer months, i wear cargo shorts almost exclusively (see 'kid' comment above), but usually just solid olive drab. although, i did pick up a pair of cammo cargos this spring at the old navy, and i DO feel much more scene gecause of them.

moron - 10-6-2005 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
i wear cargo shorts almost exclusively, usually just solid green.

then they arent truly CAMMO shorts, now are they?

edit: I need new glasses. I thought "cargo" was "cammo". doh!

Gooch - 10-6-2005 at 04:38 PM

I have 1 pair, but I rarely wear them. They're GAP brand. ya, I'm a poser, but I got them for like $12.

Like Big D, I only wear cargo shorts. I have them in every color, khaki, light khaki, green and blue. I don't own a single pair of "normal" shorts and probably haven't in the last 10 years. Every day in the spring/summer when I'm not at work I wear cargos and a hardcore shirt. Oh, by the way, I'm 32 years old. kid for life!

xsharpx - 10-6-2005 at 04:40 PM

yeah I have 2 pairs of camo shorts that were actually my bdu pants when I was in the marines... i got out and turned them into shorts.... they are comfortable as hell and I use the pockets for everything....

KyleOz - 10-6-2005 at 04:44 PM

Yeah I am with duane, I am down witht he cargo shorts, khaki colored mainly.

DAK - 10-6-2005 at 06:42 PM

Yeah, I got a pair. DO you believe they had them at the big and tall store.
Ha.

XnMeX - 10-6-2005 at 07:59 PM

I have a pair of shorts (bought as shorts) and a pair of pants.

Oh my, look at those scene points! (though, I have to be the least "scene" person as far as the hardcore (or any) music goes)

defstarsteve - 10-6-2005 at 08:23 PM

I have a few pairs of them being ex military, they hold my water bottle at shows...

I almost exclusivly wear baskball shorts for printing though
lite and cool for the heat

sinister - 10-6-2005 at 08:23 PM

Never mind the colour, how long are they... scene points seem to be gained for having the longest possible shorts. Seems I'm the only guy at a gig with shorts that stop at my knees! :D I wear shorts to keep cool so I don't see the point in having them down at my fuckin' ankles...

JawnDiablo - 10-6-2005 at 08:43 PM

i own such things
who cares what is cool...im too old and uncool to know any better...

soulless - 10-7-2005 at 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sinister
Never mind the colour, how long are they... scene points seem to be gained for having the longest possible shorts. Seems I'm the only guy at a gig with shorts that stop at my knees! :D I wear shorts to keep cool so I don't see the point in having them down at my fuckin' ankles...

yes, don't they qualify as pants then?

RomanticViolence - 10-7-2005 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
They are great for fishing to hold shit and if you have a kid. You can fillthe pockets with baby stuff.

There was a picture on here a long time ago. Duane actually put his child in his pocket. Any shorts that you can do that with must have some nice ass pockets!

BDx13 - 10-7-2005 at 10:09 AM

hell yeah, RV! "You can fill the pockets with baby stuff." ...or you can fill the pockets with baby!

to be fair, my girl was still only five pounds when i pulled this stunt. probably shouldn't even have done it. all these photos from when she was super small fuck me up now - i can barely look at 'em

CR83 - 10-7-2005 at 10:42 AM

BD, that is awesome! We are all quite gay by discussing our "threads". Not that there is anything wrong with that. I bought a "new to me" pair of BDU's at Uncle Sam's Surplus Store. So comfortable. Go Cammo!

JawnDiablo - 10-7-2005 at 11:16 AM

Duane, that is some funny shit right there!

serenity - 10-7-2005 at 11:21 AM

one pair. i rather wear dickies-shorts though

clevohardcore - 10-7-2005 at 11:29 PM

I got CARGO shorts in a few colors but no REAL CAMMO shorts.

thedog - 10-8-2005 at 01:41 AM

i got a few pairs of actual camos and lots of cargos as well

regular camo pants
regular camo shorts ( made from old pants )
tiger stripe camo shorts

Terror Aesthetic - 10-10-2005 at 02:00 AM

i need to reup on camos. my wardrobe is pretty limited and my old camos are slowly rotting off of me. bitching and begging my girl and my roommate to sew them once a week isnt going over very well either.

xsharpx - 10-10-2005 at 12:59 PM

well I have my 2 pairs of camos renevated from my old fatigue pants from when I was in the Marines .... Then I have my khaki old navy shorts as well. The length comes a little below my knees

GOLD GRILL - 10-10-2005 at 10:23 PM

I had a pair of camo shorts that I wore, almost exclusively, from 1999-2002. I ripped them really bad when I fell off of a skateboard going down a hill at furnace fest. I had to throw them away and haven't bought another pair since.

jason kills - 10-11-2005 at 12:58 PM

hahaha, this motherfucker NEVER changed from those goddamn shorts... half teh time, back at the old house,. he'd fall asleep in them and wake up and just keep on going with his day...hahah