Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Worst metal band you've ever seen live?

BDx13 - 11-11-2005 at 11:21 AM

I could produce a HUGE list for this, but I never remember any of their names! When I saw Bolt Thrower in 1990, there were like nine opening metal bands, eight of which were equally and simultaneously the worst thing I had ever heard. (Some Christian metal band that opened was actually pretty good.)

Anyway, I'd have to say the worst metal band I've ever seen live was Warrior Soul, when they opened for Danzig and Soundgarden at the Troc in 90 or 91. The music was awful, and during one song, the vocalist just stood there yelling at the crowd "WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT" with no instruments playing for what seemed like an eternity. I was embarrassed for the guy.

CR83 - 11-11-2005 at 11:34 AM

hhhhmmmm this is tough. Angel Corpse who opened for Cannibal Corpse and set up the stage for Cannibal were bad. Slaughter and Ugly Kid Joe who opened for Ozzy on the No More Tears Tour.

defstarsteve - 11-11-2005 at 12:33 PM

one of my early bands played the san antonio version of the milwalkee metal fest....
we were no where near metal, but a show was show....
samhain/danzig was the headliner....
basically we played first around 11 am....
then 14 hours or so of metal and death metal
was the worst display I have ever seen, and I could not leave....
this was the same show I saw wykd wytch....
too much of 1 style of music in a day is enough to make you want to fucking kill yourself

DAK - 11-11-2005 at 12:40 PM

Poison

Voodoobillyman - 11-11-2005 at 12:53 PM

Any rap metal crap. Limp dizkit, Hed PE, etc........I've had to sit through them all to see a good band sometime or another.

Voodoobillyman - 11-11-2005 at 12:54 PM

Corrosion of Conformity sucked real bad live too and White Zombie has an awesome live set as far as visual but Rob Zombie cant sing worth a shit.

JawnDiablo - 11-11-2005 at 01:20 PM

i saw this band called When Worlds Collide open for DRI / Propain back in 92 or 93 and that was terrible

G Willikers used to conjure up some bad ones for metal shows

I saw Suffocation up in Newark 100 years ago and there was a plethora of terrible death metal on the lineup...we rodfe up with insatanty from philly...they were funny too...

moforn - 11-11-2005 at 03:58 PM

Once the comedy of the synchronized headbanging wore off morbid angel were pretty tiresome.

Discipline - 11-11-2005 at 04:02 PM

Too many to list.

clevohardcore - 11-11-2005 at 05:55 PM

MANOWAR- but laughed my ass off. IT really was funny.

I have seen countless bands I've forgot about that sucked major dick. TESTAMENT was boring as fuck.

Discipline - 11-11-2005 at 07:21 PM

Black Sabbath with Tony Martin ( I think that was his name) singing. Fucking horrendous. Of course I was only there because Motorhead was playing and they rule all!

JawnDiablo - 11-11-2005 at 08:39 PM

i laughed when i saw merciful fate at the troc in 92....oh jeez diamond looked funny

sinister - 11-11-2005 at 09:32 PM

Fuck there's so many. Sooooo, so many.

Worst I can remember lately was Man of the Hour supporting Anthrax at their "reunion" show. Definitely a case of "so bad it's good", but only for about 1 song and then it just got boring as fuck. When the singer pulled out this massive sword and started waving it about it was time to leave...

jason kills - 11-12-2005 at 06:16 PM

goreguts came through opening for dying fetus and skinless. fuck, that band was fucking horrible. and, the fucking masks???? jesus fuck.

saw some shitass xian metal band called hearken. yeah, no dice. singer looked like a jacked-up billy ray cyrus

Discipline - 11-13-2005 at 02:46 PM

Yeah, Mercyful Fate was pretty horrible.

Six66Mike - 11-13-2005 at 07:44 PM

HavocHate
Kittie
Nevermore
Lamb of God
Himsa (was good the first time with Black Dahlia Murder at the Cruise Inn Buffalo but after that it was fucking shit with Sworn Enemy at Xtreme Wheels Skate Park also Buffalo. Good once, but after that it was boring)
Bleeding Through
Chimaira
Jag Panzer
Hate Eternal
The End
Scar Culture
Catastrophic
Soulfly
Cradle of Filth

Six66Mike - 11-13-2005 at 07:46 PM

Oh yeah I almost saw Manowar too but after 1 hour of waiting for them to take the stage I left. Everyone I talked to after said it was horrible with the band threatening to stop if the mosh pit didnt stop & other fucking stupid shit. Glad I left early. Immortal shoulda headlined that they were fucking amazing.

beaner - 11-14-2005 at 03:13 PM

sorry guy's, its gotta be kiss. yes, kiss, at donnington monsters of rock in 96 i think. ozzy played just before them and was way better. maybe it just cuz i really dont like kiss though.

jason kills - 11-14-2005 at 03:27 PM

goddamn, kittie are fuckign horrible. saw them with sworn enemy a few years ago.... horrid. SE played before and owned them.

Six66Mike - 11-15-2005 at 02:18 AM

I saw Kittie with Dope & Slipknot haha Dope sucked ass too and though Slipknot now shits me the live show was great.

I could list dozens more bands if I could remember them but luckily I have blocked a lot of them out. I would like to add Pissing Razors to my list though. Fucking trash. I'm not a big fan of death metal. Iced Earth & In Flames suck major ass live too.

jfcknw - 11-15-2005 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
I could produce a HUGE list for this, but I never remember any of their names! When I saw Bolt Thrower in 1990, there were like nine opening metal bands, eight of which were equally and simultaneously the worst thing I had ever heard. (Some Christian metal band that opened was actually pretty good.)

the band opening for Bolt Thrower was Believer.

BDx13 - 11-15-2005 at 06:02 PM

YES, it was BELIEVER! I've never heard any of their albums, but if my memory serves me 15 years after the fact, those guys sounded good live. Thanks, JW!

JawnDiablo - 11-15-2005 at 06:21 PM

i remember them being from around here....

Discipline - 11-15-2005 at 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
YES, it was BELIEVER! I've never heard any of their albums, but if my memory serves me 15 years after the fact, those guys sounded good live. Thanks, JW!

I've got one of their tracks on a Roadrunner comp from years ago. I thought the music was incredible but the vocals were kinda shitty.

SHAKO KEN - 11-15-2005 at 09:20 PM

metallica in '97 at some big summer festival. you couldn't hear any bass or bass drums, otherwise it might have been enjoyable.

Mark Lind - 11-15-2005 at 09:40 PM

Good metal bands:
Pantera
Metallica
Sepultura
Biohazard
Anthrax (with John Bush)
Life of Agony
Ramallah
Suicidal Tendencies
Danzig (92 & 94)
Clutch