Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Musicians in MA/RI?

XHonusWagnerX - 12-5-2005 at 06:33 PM

Anyone in the Mass/RI area looking for a band? I want to start playing again. Nothing super serious... just have some fun, play some shows maybe record if it doesnt suck!

I think it would be cool to play a bunch of shows as other bands. Like play short cover sets because there are so many great old songs that are fun to play and usually a crowd at a show goes nuts when someone plays a good cover song.

Ive always thought a Black Flag tribute band (called BLACK COFFEE) is something that the world really needs as well.

I play bass (I think Im decent). I have a place to practice in RI that its ok to play in during the day on weekends. Its a house in a suburban neighborhood so night practices are out, but it is free to play there!

DAK - 12-5-2005 at 07:15 PM

This may be a stupid question, but what band were you in?

defstarsteve - 12-5-2005 at 07:27 PM

damn, I'd play but I'm about 6 hours one way drive away
I need to start playing again...
I can play guitar, or bass, but since you got bass, it'll be 6 strings for this one...

old school only, circle jerks and cro-mags bastard son
skate/hate rock

XHonusWagnerX - 12-5-2005 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
damn, I'd play but I'm about 6 hours one way drive away
I need to start playing again...
I can play guitar, or bass, but since you got bass, it'll be 6 strings for this one...

old school only, circle jerks and cro-mags bastard son
skate/hate rock

damn... that would be awesome! Plus we would have the sickest merch of any band in the world! You gotta relocate! :)

XHonusWagnerX - 12-5-2005 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK

haha... thats not a stupid question in the slightest. Ive never been in a band that ammounted to anything. I played bass for the Blue Bloods on one song at each show on the "Back On The Map" Euro tour with Slapshot & BFB, buts thats as close to anything that 'matters' as Ive gotten.

defstarsteve - 12-5-2005 at 09:52 PM

I've been in lots of bands with the sickest merch...
ask tireiron....
I have too much time spent in bands, I'm tired

if I were to sell my house and relocate, it's be with 15 minutes of the ocean..
probably north carolina since we have some land there just off the outer banks

tireironsaint - 12-5-2005 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
I've been in lots of bands with the sickest merch...
ask tireiron....
It's true!

XHonusWagnerX - 12-16-2005 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Anyone in the Mass/RI area looking for a band? I want to start playing again. Nothing super serious... just have some fun, play some shows maybe record if it doesnt suck!

I think it would be cool to play a bunch of shows as other bands. Like play short cover sets because there are so many great old songs that are fun to play and usually a crowd at a show goes nuts when someone plays a good cover song.

Ive always thought a Black Flag tribute band (called BLACK COFFEE) is something that the world really needs as well.

I play bass (I think Im decent). I have a place to practice in RI that its ok to play in during the day on weekends. Its a house in a suburban neighborhood so night practices are out, but it is free to play there!

BUMP?

JawnDiablo - 12-17-2005 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:

this is similar to something i always wanted to do.
theres allot of great old stuff a crew could put together to play a half hour set (hell someof them songs were a minute and a half)
i always wanted to do Hybrid Moments by the misfits
also black flag, DRI, sheer terror, AF, dead boys, ramones etc...
i also play bass, nothin special but i can hold my own
most of my pals who showed interest however are either working 2 jobs, runnin a bizness, or have a family. so none of us really have much free time. it would be fun though...hell i dont even have decent equipment anymore thanks to the irresponsible losers i used to jam with ...they kinda fried the shit...a new bass would be a fine xmas present

BUMP?

XHonusWagnerX - 12-17-2005 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

this is similar to something i always wanted to do.
theres allot of great old stuff a crew could put together to play a half hour set (hell someof them songs were a minute and a half)
i always wanted to do Hybrid Moments by the misfits
also black flag, DRI, sheer terror, AF, dead boys, ramones etc...
i also play bass, nothin special but i can hold my own
most of my pals who showed interest however are either working 2 jobs, runnin a bizness, or have a family. so none of us really have much free time. it would be fun though...hell i dont even have decent equipment anymore thanks to the irresponsible losers i used to jam with ...they kinda fried the shit...a new bass would be a fine xmas present

Damn all you guys that would play for living to far away!

Killthehumans - 12-17-2005 at 02:42 PM

honus if you dont mind playing with a few 20 year olds we are looking for a bassist...

XHonusWagnerX - 12-17-2005 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
honus if you dont mind playing with a few 20 year olds we are looking for a bassist...

whats the band?

serenity - 12-17-2005 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DAK

haha... thats not a stupid question in the slightest. Ive never been in a band that ammounted to anything. I played bass for the Blue Bloods on one song at each show on the "Back On The Map" Euro tour with Slapshot & BFB, buts thats as close to anything that 'matters' as Ive gotten.

got any info if bfb played sweden on that tour?