Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

speaking of howard... who had sirius already

defstarsteve - 12-16-2005 at 01:39 PM

I am looking into just for streaming music in the shop, and having howard uncensored is a bonus
so I'm checking out the free trial
any stations that are worth a damn that I should know about

XHonusWagnerX - 12-16-2005 at 01:56 PM

I like FACTION and OUTLAW COUNTRY

moron - 12-16-2005 at 04:22 PM

I almost signed up for Sirius. Not for Stern, but for the fact that I was tired of crappy radio and having to bring tons of cds with me when I drive. I got an mp3 player instead, and hopefully I'll be getting a car kit for it soon. If I dont like that then I might go for Sirius. At least they have a metal station.

XHonusWagnerX - 12-16-2005 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
At least they have a metal station.

the metal station plays some really heavy shit too! Thats "HARD ATTACK"

Discipline - 12-16-2005 at 04:49 PM

I hate the radio.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 12-16-2005 at 05:03 PM

I have Sirius...definitely check out Hard Attck 27, the metal channel...and Faction 28 plays some punk, one of the Ramones has his own show there. I also dig Buzzsaw 19 which is all stuff like AC/DC, Skynyrd, KISS, etc. The Discovery channel is cool too. If you're into NY style hip hop the rap channels are good, I'm not into em because I don't like NY stuff but I know they do play a lot of "decent" stuff.

RomanticViolence - 12-16-2005 at 05:20 PM

Raw dog - Comedy is awesome!

XnMeX - 12-16-2005 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
hopefully I'll be getting a car kit for it soon.

Just get an FM transmitter. They have them everywhere ranging from $20 and up. It basically plugs into your mp3 player and "broadcasts" the music from your player to your radio. If you have an FM stereo in your car, it is a decent / cheap way to go.

moron - 12-16-2005 at 05:50 PM

That's what I meant, but I just couldnt think of the words. I didnt get an Ipod, I got a Creative Zen Touch, so hopefully it wont be difficult to find an FM transmitter.

defstarsteve - 12-16-2005 at 05:59 PM

yeah we might get on of the sirius docking systems for the car and the house, since there is no radio here at all, and it always seems someon is running around doing errands....

Killthehumans - 12-17-2005 at 02:43 PM

i missed the last howard show :(

clevohardcore - 12-18-2005 at 03:47 PM

not me. I doubt I will get it anytime soon.

CR83 - 12-20-2005 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
That's what I meant, but I just couldnt think of the words. I didnt get an Ipod, I got a Creative Zen Touch, so hopefully it wont be difficult to find an FM transmitter.

If you do get one go with a "digital" one. It says it right no the package and can be no more then $40. Just make sure it plugs into you car's cig lighter. This way you don't have to worry about batteries going south on you. I have one and it works perfectly on any open channel.

RomanticViolence - 1-28-2006 at 01:42 PM

Do any of you listen to Bubba The Love Sponge? He's on howard 101 i think.
If you haven't checked it out yet you should... they have some ate up shit on there. It's great!

Red peters is awesome too.

DAK - 1-28-2006 at 03:14 PM

O and A

joemaconmovies - 1-28-2006 at 05:12 PM

I need to sign up for Sirius but I'm broke as fuck right now. Trying to get some work done. Actually, if any of you guys are interested:

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=129292073&db...

I really need to make some cash, so, if any of you guys are interested, I'd be amazingly appreciative.

EDIT: I will so give a Thorp message board discount too!

tireironsaint - 1-28-2006 at 05:17 PM

What've you got goin' there, Joe? I'm curious, but I dunno if I wanna sign up for craigslist right now.

joemaconmovies - 1-28-2006 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
What've you got goin' there, Joe? I'm curious, but I dunno if I wanna sign up for craigslist right now.

Do you have to be signed up to look at it?

joemaconmovies - 1-28-2006 at 05:21 PM

Cause I can post it here.

tireironsaint - 1-28-2006 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint

Do you have to be signed up to look at it?
Yeah, it takes me to a login page and there's no option to bypass it.

joemaconmovies - 1-28-2006 at 05:28 PM

ok, i'll post it on the board.