Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

New Bin Laden threat against the US

clevohardcore - 1-19-2006 at 01:34 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10924015/?GT1=7538

clevohardcore - 1-19-2006 at 01:37 PM

I have no idea how I feel about this. One one hand I don't want an attack on the other I think it might wake more people up in the US and cause people to get off their ass about everything.From the President, the media, the ignorance, and the Supreme court. WHO THE FUCK WANTS ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE TO HOLD ANOTHER SEAT IN THE SUPREME COURT?????

clevohardcore - 1-19-2006 at 01:38 PM

Also this is supposed to happen very shortly. Says they have already infiltrated the US security and its just a matter of time before it happens.

serenity - 1-19-2006 at 02:28 PM

how is it to live under those circumstainces where threats are part of the everyday life?

GabeTexasGAMC - 1-19-2006 at 02:35 PM

BIN LADEN DIDNT BLOW UP THE PROJECTS, IT WAS YOU NIGGA, TELL THE TRUTH NIGGA!
BUSH KNOCKED DOWN THE TOWERS.... BUSH KNOCKED DOWN THE TOWERS!
hahahaha...
Imortal technique rules!

Gooch - 1-19-2006 at 03:13 PM

doesn't osama or one of peeps say this every couple of months? I'm not worried....

defstarsteve - 1-19-2006 at 03:30 PM

that's how we beat them, we don't let them effect our every day lives...
the terror level bullshit, just aids their cause

if bin laden wants to come for it let him,
the real terrorists wear suits

Voodoobillyman - 1-19-2006 at 04:25 PM

They are pinned, the only threat they pose to us now is the sleeper cells already in this country that we can't dentify until it's too late, definitely a real threat.

Mark Lind - 1-19-2006 at 04:37 PM

Here's my unsolicited opinion. There is no such thing as 'terrorism'. It's a name put to something that doesn't exist to trick people and dismiss a point of view. From the Al Qaeda standpoint it is 'warfare'. We call it 'terrorism' to make it seem like those big sillies are just trying to scare us and they have no valid cause to be angry. The bottom line is that they do have a reason to be very very angry with our country. The whole world has a reason. As long as our government keeps dismissing their rage and as long as our media follows suit then it will never end. Most people in the US will believe what they're told.

I hope Al Qaeda lays off in the US because it isn't doing anything form them. As long as they blow things up here and knock down buildings our population will only respond with blind nationalism and a simpleton's chest beating. They need to alert the US citizens to their plight so as to enrage us against our own government thus causing a change. That is if they even want a change. If their method of attack was to cripple our economy (which I believe it was because Osama bin Laden is an educated economist) then they succeeded.

I also believe the Bush administration let the attacks on 9/11 happen. I don't think they actually orchestrated it but I believe they turned a blind eye and let it happen so that they could manipulate the public to approve of their defense spending budgets and to approve the war machine. War is money. And I have no doubt that we shot down that plane over Pennsylvania. I don't know why they don't just tell us they did it. It would actually make me feel a little safer knowing that our military prevented a further attack.... oh! Because they don't want us to feel safe. Animals that live in fear are the best behaved animals.

newbreedbrian - 1-19-2006 at 06:10 PM

well said mark. the only point i'd disagree with is that terrorism does exist. it just depends on which side of the fence you're looking at it from. terrorism is defined as "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons." Hmmm, sounds like terrorism isn't so one sided after all. I can think of a pretty large example of that definition currently going on. I'd also argue that more subtle forms of terrorism exist, such as economic sanctions (against Cuba for example). How many people does that hurt "with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons". Same as security tapes showed the 9/11 bombers cleancut and dressed well (yes they are well aware of what american perception says a terrorist looks like), so are more subtle forms of terror in foreign policy disguised to not look so alarming to the unquestioning mind.

Killthehumans - 1-19-2006 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
BIN LADEN DIDNT BLOW UP THE PROJECTS, IT WAS YOU NIGGA, TELL THE TRUTH NIGGA!
BUSH KNOCKED DOWN THE TOWERS.... BUSH KNOCKED DOWN THE TOWERS!
hahahaha...
Imortal technique rules!

yes he does

upyerbum - 1-19-2006 at 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind Animals that live in fear are the best behaved animals.

And there you have it in the nutshell folks. Couldn't have said it better Mark and I'm glad this came from a Yank.

Mark Lind - 1-19-2006 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
well said mark. the only point i'd disagree with is that terrorism does exist. it just depends on which side of the fence you're looking at it from. terrorism is defined as "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons." Hmmm, sounds like terrorism isn't so one sided after all. I can think of a pretty large example of that definition currently going on. I'd also argue that more subtle forms of terrorism exist, such as economic sanctions (against Cuba for example). How many people does that hurt "with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons". Same as security tapes showed the 9/11 bombers cleancut and dressed well (yes they are well aware of what american perception says a terrorist looks like), so are more subtle forms of terror in foreign policy disguised to not look so alarming to the unquestioning mind.

I hear what you're saying. Declaring a war on terrorism is absurd though. It isn't a comcrete enemy. Its like saying you are declaring a war on bad taste or something. By the definiton of terrorism the US are the world's worst terrorists. I don't think the word has much meaning anymore though. I watch the History channel a lot and they are now referring to historical dissadents as terrorists of their time and shit. Talk about rendering the term meaningless.

You know... many of the players in the american revolution were terrorists what with their Boston Tea Party and tarring and feathering.

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 12:08 AM

We have no proof of that. We only have speculation and speculation gets you pat on the back if it becomes reality. However I think Mark is on to something but what the fuck happens if we as a country are...

"They need to alert the US citizens to their plight so as to enrage us against our own government thus causing a change."

........ united with a country who will not tolerate ANYONE? Also are led by a people fueled by religion and a purpose to die. NOT IN RELIGION DEFENSE BUT A RELIGIOUS OFFENSE! Its not about what is right or what is wrong anymore. It's about MUSLIM and it's about CHRISTIANITY. It's about killing for a belief. It's about hating you because your different and nothing less. No one is anything unless they have their convictions, but to kill others because they differ is the worst case senario and I would want no part of it. If thats beating my chest well then IN THE NAME OF EVERY AMERICAN COUNTRY HICK SONG ABOUT PATRIOTISM ............I WILL BEAT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you really look at it our culture is an influence in almost every society. Is it right??? I can only speculate and say......... Yes! Because its not theirs or anyone elses. I would be afraid to see us on the latter. Can you imagine if the U.S. was Iraq, and Iraq held the cards like in many cases the U.S. do? Iraq would be in every country converting Africa Australia and so on.....Everyone to Muslim faith and murdering all who dissobey.....That scares the shit out of me more than any Bush "Skull and Bones" family member ever could. It would be them in Guatamela, Haiti, and Africa and not us. NO FUCKING THANK YOU!!!!!!!

That is if they even want a change. If their method of attack was to cripple our economy (which I believe it was because Osama bin Laden is an educated economist) then they succeeded.

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 12:09 AM

That is if they even want a change. If their method of attack was to cripple our economy (which I believe it was because Osama bin Laden is an educated economist) then they succeeded.

^^^^^^^^ I ment to comment on that too but I forgot My bad. economics or not I'd say the U.S. recovered just fine.

Mark Lind - 1-20-2006 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

^^^^^^^^ I ment to comment on that too but I forgot My bad. economics or not I'd say the U.S. recovered just fine.

Tell that to everyone who is out of work or lost their jobs post 9/11

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:

^^^^^ Ya me. Seriously. I hate this situation so fucking bad. I lost a very good manufacturing job and have not found a job I sumwhat enjoy since. I am abck in school and struggling soo fucking bad but I got to keep my head up. I'am with you on the shitty economy but both sides of the table in the US republican and Democrat both ALMOST agree the economy could have been worse. And I don't believe it but employement is supposed to be up. I don't buy it though. I agree with you Mark. We need change. I'm scared like a muthafucka. I got to get a good job and so do many others.

Tell that to everyone who is out of work or lost their jobs post 9/11

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 01:45 AM

^^^^^ Ya me. Seriously. I hate this situation so fucking bad. I lost a very good manufacturing job and have not found a job I sumwhat enjoy since. I am abck in school and struggling soo fucking bad but I got to keep my head up. I'am with you on the shitty economy but both sides of the table in the US republican and Democrat both ALMOST agree the economy could have been worse. And I don't believe it but employement is supposed to be up. I don't buy it though. I agree with you Mark. We need change. I'm scared like a muthafucka. I got to get a good job and so do many others.

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 01:45 AM

newbreedbrian - 1-20-2006 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian

I hear what you're saying. Declaring a war on terrorism is absurd though. It isn't a comcrete enemy. Its like saying you are declaring a war on bad taste or something. By the definiton of terrorism the US are the world's worst terrorists. I don't think the word has much meaning anymore though. I watch the History channel a lot and they are now referring to historical dissadents as terrorists of their time and shit. Talk about rendering the term meaningless.

You know... many of the players in the american revolution were terrorists what with their Boston Tea Party and tarring and feathering.

that's pretty much exactly what i was saying. as i've said many times before, people never step back and ask why 9/11 happened. that in no way means i agree with it, but there was a reason. not that anyone cares to hear the answer. the "war on terrorism" is a joke, much as the "war on drugs" is as well. the world will continue to be a fucked up place because humans(and therefore on a larger scale as well corporations, high level gov't, etc) are in general greedy, selfish assholes who give a shit about nobody but themselves and don't care how what they do affects other people.

upyerbum - 1-20-2006 at 02:56 PM

I don't think this is about any particular beliefs so much as it is about the extremes of those beliefs. You have the Christian Right on one side, which is hardly representative of the U.S. (I hope) and the other side you have Muslim Fundamentalists, which is hardly representative of Islam (I hope). Both parties preach an apocalypse, and both parties are bringing us closer to the brink.
I honestly don't think there is any turning back at this point, they are bound and determined to have their Crusade and the Islamic radicals are bound and determined to have their Jihad. On both sides of the fence you have soldiers who have already fought this war once, and you have the children of those soldiers eager to get stuck in, they see the accolades the heroes on both sides receive and they wanna get some of it for themselves. No end in sight, but its gonna be a helluva ride.

clevohardcore - 1-20-2006 at 03:04 PM

I was just watching the closing bell on CNBC and apparently the stock market is showing negative accross the board today. does not look good.

Voodoobillyman - 1-20-2006 at 03:13 PM

It is definitely more complicated than black and white. I serve in the armed forces and believe in what I do. I do not belive all the bullshit spewed forth by the media and our government anymore than I believe the shit spewed forth by conspiracy theorists who think The White house "let" 9/11 happen. I guess we rwally didnt land on the moon either right? It was all a hoax done up in a tv studio? Come on.................The reality of it all is this, we are in this for better or worse and it needs to be seen through. Osama Bin Laden dosent give a rats ass about the American people, he would just as soon kill us all as look at us, you can belive he wants peace with us, I got waterfront property in AZ for sale too,real cheap. And to call this guy and his cohorts Freedom Fighters???? You deserve a smack in the chops from all the families who's loved ones have died at the hands of these "freedom fighters" starting with the families of 9/11 victims. I agree, don't let fear blind you from the truth, because there is alot of corrupt shit going on with both sides of this conflict, but don't let your theories romanticize the "freedom fighters" either, thats just as blindly foolish.

upyerbum - 1-20-2006 at 05:51 PM

Good point Billy, I don't know how many times I've seen Muslims on the tube saying that these people in no way represent Islam, so if their own people aren't romanticizing them why should people half a world away, who would most likely be butchered as Infidels, were they ever to come face to face. If they were truly freedom fighters they would only be striking military (sorry billy, but its true) targets instead of civilians, but they lack the intestinal fortitude for a stand up fight, so they send their children off with bomb-vests strapped to them. But it works both ways, are the US really seen as the liberators they claim to be or as just another occupying foreign power, I would say the latter holds true for the vast majority of Iraqis, even those who don't pick up arms. Quite honestly, if I was an Iraqi, I would be an insurgent.