Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Chunky Chips Ahoy

DaveMoral - 2-21-2006 at 08:57 AM

So I was watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force last night... and then this Chunky Chips Ahoy commercial comes on... and there's this claymation chocolate chip cookie surrounded by claymation punk rockers singing "Punky Chips Ahoy! Oi! Oi! Punky Chips Ahoy! Oi! Oi!"

It was weird.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-21-2006 at 09:15 AM

I saw that comercial too. Its funny to hear OI OI OI in a cookie comercial!

BDx13 - 2-21-2006 at 11:33 AM

woah. someone please post that on youtube!

DaveMoral - 2-21-2006 at 07:21 PM

Yeah, I wasn't sure it was real for a minute... and it wasn't like the backing music was wrong for the lyric either... it's a bizarre thing to see when you're sober and watching a cartoon obviously made by potheads... haha.

joemaconmovies - 2-21-2006 at 10:06 PM

punks so don't get enough attention in the cookie department. it's good to see my mohawk will now be appreciate by cookie eaters everywhere. oi oi!

joemaconmovies - 2-21-2006 at 10:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/?v=W-nJ5W7g-pw

tireironsaint - 2-21-2006 at 10:44 PM

Thanks for the link, I was dying to see that and I don't get any TV channels, so it wasn't looking likely. Funny shit.

joemaconmovies - 2-21-2006 at 11:36 PM

I do what I can

clevohardcore - 2-22-2006 at 12:31 AM

I saw that to.

BDx13 - 2-22-2006 at 12:33 AM

i need that on dvd

joemaconmovies - 2-22-2006 at 12:55 AM

I can make that happen for you, Duane.

DaveMoral - 2-22-2006 at 01:02 AM

Hahaha. I hope I see that again tonight.

What I don't get is the monkey constable... why a monkey?

joemaconmovies - 2-22-2006 at 09:01 AM

why not a monkey? they rule.

SAAAAARS - 2-22-2006 at 10:00 AM

hahah i love it

DaveMoral - 2-22-2006 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
why not a monkey? they rule.

Good point, joe.

Discipline - 2-22-2006 at 06:13 PM

That is one of the greatest commercials ever. I can't believe it's real.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-22-2006 at 06:14 PM

HAHAHAHAH!!!! John Joseph just posted this on MySpace....

Yo 'WE' care and you fuckers better wake up on this myspace shit and see whats goin on on the planet. Shit is getting deep while you fuckers are posting "I burnt my toast" bulletins and 10 best pick-up lines. Guess Emo has somethin to do wit a lot of you people gettin soft and goin to sleep but read the 9/11 stuff in the paper. PUNK AND HARDCORE was about revolution and change now they got chips ahoys goin Oi! See you at the Bad Brains. Peace to all living creatures > jon

Discipline - 2-22-2006 at 06:18 PM

If JJ don't like it he can go fuck himself. He and Harley are responsible for more drama and bullshit in the hardcore scene than anybody.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-22-2006 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
He and Harley are responsible for more drama and bullshit in the hardcore scene than anybody.

WOW... thats a bold statement. I wonder if thats true? Hoya, Freddy Madball, Ezec and Choke have all stired up their fair share of bullshit.

joemaconmovies - 2-22-2006 at 09:38 PM

I say have a laugh with it. It's not major sell-out like Simple Plan and that type of shit. It's just good fun. Punk's about the humor too. And if that isn't hilarious, I don't know what is.

Discipline - 2-23-2006 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
He and Harley are responsible for more drama and bullshit in the hardcore scene than anybody.

WOW... thats a bold statement. I wonder if thats true? Hoya, Freddy Madball, Ezec and Choke have all stired up their fair share of bullshit.

What's the deal between Choke and those guys anyway?

JawnDiablo - 2-23-2006 at 01:26 PM

just had me some ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips.....not that this has anything to do with this thread whatsoever

JawnDiablo - 2-23-2006 at 01:30 PM

it all started to get shitty once the sense of humor was lost.
that was one of the reasons I dug the Dead Kennedys so much. Jello was writing some really intelligent shit about shit but making it kinda funny at the same time with sarcasm....ah what the hell do i know.....i think theres chips ah-OI! in our vending machines here at DRUGCO

Ed - 2-23-2006 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
it all started to get shitty once the sense of humor was lost.
that was one of the reasons I dug the Dead Kennedys so much. Jello was writing some really intelligent shit about shit but making it kinda funny at the same time with sarcasm

I completely agree 100% with this statement.

joemaconmovies - 2-23-2006 at 01:50 PM

Look at the Ramones. Early punk and some of their tunes are just fucking hilarious. Keeping a positive attitude and some humor in with the talk about important life struggles, issues, etc is always good. I find humor is ususally the best way to deal with the really hard shit anyways.

DaveMoral - 2-23-2006 at 06:41 PM

I think the major problem with hardcore, probably since '92 at least, is that people take themselves waaay too seriously. Whether it be straight edgers, vegans, thugcore/NYHC shit... motherfuckers just take themselves waaaay too seriously. Now, I agree with JJ saying maybe emo has made some people go soft and all that(my best friends seems to have gone soft that way... damn you New Jersey!!!)... still, people take this shit too seriously.

Since when is a bunch of pissed off kids making loud music going to start a revolution? In music? Perhaps, then the "sellouts" are the fruits of that labor. Political revolution, social revolution, none of that shit is going to happen through punk and hardcore alone... and it's because people take it waaaaaaay too seriously.

Mute98 - 2-24-2006 at 02:25 AM

hahaha that commercial is actually pretty cool.. i like jingles in commercials