Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Lost & Found

Big Ugly - 12-7-2004 at 05:31 PM

For a long fuckin time I've heard a lot of people say nothing but bad things about this label. I've just never heard why everybody hates them so much. Would anybody care to enlighten me?

Six66Mike - 12-7-2004 at 05:54 PM

Ripping off bands or something. Their comps rule though. They put out great released but never paid the bands for them.

Unbound - 12-7-2004 at 09:22 PM

I think Lost and Found was pretty much a bootleg label for a lot of the stuff they put out. They put out European versions of discs they didn't have the rights for etc. I think I have a Lost and Found version of a Converge disc if I'm not mistaken. But from what I remember they specialized in bootlegs.

dgp - 12-8-2004 at 03:34 PM

yeah - they put out a lot of shit they didnt have permission to put out, and sometimes when they DID have permission, it wasnt legitimate. like someone who was never in the band signing the release papers.

on an amusing note - lost and found once had a "contest". you had to submit your bands recordings and one band was going to "win" a contract. you had to sign a contract allowing them to put it out if your band "won". im sure they got lots of bands' stuff that they are holding onto for if/when those bands become popular enough for them to make a profit off it.