Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Using U2U's

CR83 - 5-31-2006 at 09:55 AM

How often do you all use this? Man, I nver think to check mine. I was updating my profile and saw the link (hence the post).

Is this pretty common to use? I think I have used it to contact only BD and Honus.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-31-2006 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
How often do you all use this? Man, I nver think to check mine. I was updating my profile and saw the link (hence the post).

Is this pretty common to use? I think I have used it to contact only BD and Honus.

I use mine quite a bit, but I would forget if I didnt have the board email me when I get a new message there.

One thing Ive been curious about is what is U2U? Is it user to user? Arent they just private messages? Why the fancy name?

SAAAAARS - 5-31-2006 at 11:32 AM

i never get any so i never use it haha

joemaconmovies - 5-31-2006 at 11:33 AM

Well, user to user is the same thing as saying private message really.

i don't use mine often at all except to talk to duane. i dont' have an e-mail so sometimes i get them without realizing it.

BDx13 - 5-31-2006 at 03:31 PM

u2u (user to user) is just what XMB (the makers of this messageboard application) calls private or personal messaging.

you can set your profile preferences to email you when you get one.
also, the number of new messages is displayed in the top right corner of every page under 'last active' date and time.

i use them fairly often, as people send me messages or questions not necessarily meant for the general public. plus, i don't post my email on here (not that you couldn't figure it out of find it elsewhere on the site!)

JawnDiablo - 6-1-2006 at 08:26 PM

i use it occasionally

joemaconmovies - 6-2-2006 at 09:07 AM

i notice when it pops up in the corner. well, not all the time but i'm generally aware of that area. i'm too lazy to set it to e-mail, plus i don't get many, my e-mail is very here for everyone to see so...i i don't find a huge need for it.