Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

New Hatebreed album.

BKT - 7-24-2006 at 05:13 PM

I am going to a listing party tonight in Toronto, Jamie will be there as the DJ. I will let you guys know how the record sounds tomorrow.

Anyone in Toronto or around that wants to go, it is at Machine Head bar on Richmond St. downtown Toronto. Richmond and Peter.

MM.

crazyfists28 - 7-24-2006 at 05:16 PM

im a big hatebreed fan but im starting to think that this ship has sailed. hopefully they bring something new to the table...

CR83 - 7-24-2006 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
im a big hatebreed fan but im starting to think that this ship has sailed. hopefully they bring something new to the table...

I'm back and forth on them. I guess I go through phases. I have enjoyed all of their albums and the few times I have met Jamey he is about the nicest dude out there. I dig their sound and their music. A lot bands have tried to mimic them so that has hurt them.

I'll be picking up the new album for sure.

crazyfists28 - 7-24-2006 at 05:22 PM

i'll pick it up for sure but i think that this is a pivotal album for them given his success and how their name is used as a reference for almost everybody out there. i'd like to see something new and exciting rather than more of the same from them, i guess we'll have to wait and see

Spoiler - 7-24-2006 at 06:09 PM

I liked "Satisfaction is the death of desire" alot,and the next album (that took almost 5 years to release) was good too....but I haven't listened to much of them since.I do know that Jamie has busted his ass for years,and has helped a ton of the smaller bands along the way....I think he deserves any "fame" that he gets.

I prefer Jamie's other band,Kingdom of Sorrow

KINGDOM OF SORROW

crazyfists28 - 7-24-2006 at 07:28 PM

i didnt click the link and maybe it said it but when does kingdom of sorrow come out?

XHonusWagnerX - 7-24-2006 at 07:31 PM

I dont really know why, but Im not a fan at all.

morgan - 7-24-2006 at 10:50 PM

Most definately going to check it out. After all Hatebreed was the first hardcore band I ever got into. Had it not been for them I'd still be listening to that nu-metal bullshit.

clevohardcore - 7-24-2006 at 11:38 PM

good band. they jam. I'll get it. Pretty consistent.

newbreedbrian - 7-24-2006 at 11:42 PM

pseudo metal hardcore. can't stand em or the 2349 bands that sound exactly like em

gavin - 7-25-2006 at 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
pseudo metal hardcore. can't stand em or the 2349 bands that sound exactly like em

JawnDiablo - 7-25-2006 at 09:41 AM

it is safe to say i will never purchase this

BKT - 7-25-2006 at 02:32 PM

Well the album blew my mind. It is very heavy, I think the adding of another guitar player was a good idea. The breakdowns are some of the hardest I have heard from Hatebreed to date. Jamies voclas seem a lot more brutal and more pissed off than the last album. The metal influx is noticeable, and the parts that are metal are very metal, but it does not stray from the original Hatebreed formula. If you are a fan of Hatebreed I think this album will make you very happy and I see it as their best since Satisfaction.

MM.

crazyfists28 - 7-25-2006 at 04:38 PM

did anyone get terror today?

crazyfists28 - 7-25-2006 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
Quote:

i still give them some respect cuz they are the end all bar that has been set, even if you don't like all the clones, they are the ones who created this as a popular genre within hardcore

tireironsaint - 7-25-2006 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Most definately going to check it out. After all Hatebreed was the first hardcore band I ever got into. Had it not been for them I'd still be listening to that nu-metal bullshit.
If you're a Hatebreed fan then you really haven't gone very far from the nu-metal.

tireironsaint - 7-25-2006 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i still give them some respect cuz they are the end all bar that has been set, even if you don't like all the clones, they are the ones who created this as a popular genre within hardcore
So now we're supposed to give respect to people who start horrible trends in a musical genre? I fully credit them with starting or at least popularizing this gay-ass metal shit that kids call hard core nowadays, but that is far from a good thing.

defstarsteve - 7-25-2006 at 07:01 PM

never liked them,
I have opened shows for them, worked on stage crews with them ,and some of my friends and associates work very close with them, and call then friends

but 1 they are boring as a drill just keep spinning and not going anywhere but down
2 everytime I have dealt with them someone just got our of jail... and they were proud of it
3 they are the polar opposite of what hardocre is suppsoed to be...
4 they have more nazi fans then pantera
5 I'll just stop here cause I already have given them more time then it takes for them to write their fucking songs

it's formulatic bullshit, verse-sing along-verse-sing along-breakdown-sing along

as a musician I swear I would rip my fuking ears off then have to play the same shit album after album set after set,

MyOwnWay - 7-25-2006 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
but 1 they are boring as a drill just keep spinning and not going anywhere but down

This is classic and can not go unnoticed.

SAAAAARS - 7-26-2006 at 10:49 AM

my friend was listening to this at my house the other day and i was into it.

ENDERA.x - 7-26-2006 at 11:03 AM

Quote:

the new album is pretty sick. i have to give it a more thorough listen though...
i like it more than like, in comparison to old albums, what terror did for example. the new terror album isn't that good to me at all in certain ways, but better or just different in others. same goes for the new hatebreed.

but whatever, solid bands, more people should get into even just for the damn lyrics if anything.

NOTE: If you like Jasta... then you better be into Icepick!
Actually, there are two hc bands named Icepick, Jasta/DannyDiablo(Lord Ezec - Skarhead, etc.) 's band and a eurpean band called Icepick.
Both solid bands, if you want their albums grab them off me on soulseek, end-era.com|design is the username.

morgan - 7-26-2006 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
If you're a Hatebreed fan then you really haven't gone very far from the nu-metal.

They were the band that got into listening to hardcore, since then I've gone on to other bands like blood for blood, sick of it all, etc. I don't really consider myself to be a huge fan of hatebreed but I do plan on checking out their new cd just to see what they;ve done lately.

crazyfists28 - 7-26-2006 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So now we're supposed to give respect to people who start horrible trends in a musical genre? I fully credit them with starting or at least popularizing this gay-ass metal shit that kids call hard core nowadays, but that is far from a good thing.

i think under the knife and satisfaction are by far their best work and after that is where they really got into this "formula" stuff. but i still think some of their stuff is quality. yes the breakdown stuff is overdone but there are good singalong parts, fast parts, etc. i think they're one part of the whole spectrum of hardcore and thats why its kinda cool. you may not like it, in fact you hate it, but you have lots of other choices and hopefully everyone uses their ears and not just jump on a popular band. so i do still give them credit for some of the stuff they've done but i also agree that too many young people nowadays think this is it when it comes to music and that's sad...

BKT - 7-26-2006 at 03:19 PM

Some good points here, all I am saying is if you liked Hatebreed before you will love this album and should pick it up and give it a listen. If you don't like Hatebreed I don't even really know why you would open this thread never mind taking up space bad mouthing the band.

MM.

Ben-G - 7-26-2006 at 04:00 PM

i have the new harebreed if any wants me to i can yousendit.....

barc0debaby - 7-26-2006 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metal mulisha
Some good points here, all I am saying is if you liked Hatebreed before you will love this album and should pick it up and give it a listen. If you don't like Hatebreed I don't even really know why you would open this thread never mind taking up space bad mouthing the band.

MM.

Closet Hatebreed fans?

tireironsaint - 7-26-2006 at 08:52 PM

Quote:

MM.
What, suddenly this is the place where you're only allowed to have and to voice your opinion on a topic if you're in favor of the topic at hand? I don't fuckin' think so. This board is for discussion of general topics, not heaping praise upon everything anybody sees fit to bring up. I don't expect everybody (or for that matter, even most people) to share my opinions and I certainly don't go along with anybody else just because they have an opinion. We're all (for the most part) grown ups here, we can discuss things without it causing problems, right?

godabandonedme - 7-27-2006 at 04:00 AM

Reference "New Terror" I haven't heard the new Hatebreed but I'm taking a wild guess saying they sound very similar. Not really being a jerk off here, if anyone's heard the two let me know if I'm wrong.

crazyfists28 - 7-27-2006 at 08:23 AM

just heard defeatist, another new hatebreed track and its really good

newbreedbrian - 7-27-2006 at 10:49 AM

Quote:

MM.

i know how much talking shit bothers you....pfft. i opened this thread because on this board we can discuss shit (shit being the operative word here) whether we like it or not. you got every right to like hatebreed and i got every right to think it's shitty bands like them that have contributed to the garbage pile of shitty generic metal bands calling itself a hardcore scene these days. i'm not even against metal in hardcore. i love alot of early thrash stuff like coc and dri. even newer stuff like municipal waste is good. i been around long enough to know the difference and i won't settle for less

clevohardcore - 8-29-2006 at 09:39 AM

I am picking this up today. I am looking forward to it. Everything they have done has been good. 3 guns should help make it better.

Also Spoiler your package was sent.

CR83 - 8-29-2006 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben-G
i have the new harebreed if any wants me to i can yousendit.....

Ben, set it off man. Thanks!

clevohardcore - 8-29-2006 at 12:08 PM

I have the new HATEBREAD. If anyone wants some I can bake it for you?
:D

CONCEIVED. THROUGH AND ACT......OF BAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENDERA.x - 8-29-2006 at 07:20 PM

i have everything.

get at me!

clevohardcore - 8-29-2006 at 08:34 PM

I got it. It kicks ass.

CR83 - 8-30-2006 at 11:33 AM

I got it on Tuesday. I am liking it. I think Destroy Everything is my favorite.

clevohardcore - 8-30-2006 at 01:43 PM

the opening track gave me the same feeling I had the first time I heard HOPE CONSPIRACY- endnote. They do not sound alike but it made me feleing like raging in the front seat of my car.

the whole cd is good. Vocals are even better than the past.