Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Brotherhood (the TV show)

XHonusWagnerX - 8-16-2006 at 09:36 PM

Anyone watch this show? It all takes place in Providence and a bunch of it is right in the same neighborhood of one of my good friends.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-16-2006 at 09:36 PM

Oh yah... that being said, I forgot to mention that I havent seen the show yet. Damn not having any premium cable channels.

Brotherhood (the HARDCORE band)

BDx13 - 8-17-2006 at 12:02 AM

Voodoobillyman - 8-17-2006 at 11:11 AM

havent heard of it, whats it about?

Jason the Magnificent - 3-30-2007 at 01:21 PM

Ok, I just netflixed this last week...after the first 4 eps I went out and bought the season box set.

In a nutshell, its about two Irish brothers from providence, one's a local politician and ones a hood who's just resurfaced after being on the lam 7 years and is looking to come into power.

This show is AMAZING. Its basically like Sopranos meets The Wire...it's the perfect mix of crime, family and politics and doesn't meander too long in any one arena before moving on. Lots of violence.

I only have 4 eps of this season left to watch and can't wait to get home tonight to finish them off.

Black Donnely's is good but this is the apex of Irish crime drama on TV, it doesn't have to be candy coated for network TV so it pulls no punches.

I recommend flix'in this bad boy.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 3-30-2007 at 02:52 PM

I watched this show when it was on Showtime this season...top notch. The cool thing was the DVD set came out the Tues after the last episode aired. I got it for $16 at Costco.

DAK - 3-30-2007 at 03:35 PM

I am gonna netflix it. Word.

Jason the Magnificent - 3-30-2007 at 03:42 PM

Yeah I had trouble finding the dvd...but finally circuit city had it and it was only 19.99...much cheaper than the HBO stuff, haha...can't wait for dexter to hit DVD, wathced the first few eps of that on a showtime preview...not too bad.

XHonusWagnerX - 3-30-2007 at 08:25 PM

Im so waiting for Dexter!!!!

DaveMoral - 3-30-2007 at 09:27 PM

I been meaning to watch this show, but it was off Showtime shortly after I got it. Guess I'll have to netflix it.

tireironsaint - 3-30-2007 at 10:57 PM

Sounds really good. For some reason I've been getting into all these shows that are either cancelled or just on some cable station that I refuse to pay for.

Speakin' of which, has anybody watched Dead Like Me? I remember hearing about it before it came out and thinking it sounded fantastic, but then by the time it came out I no longer had cable access. My boss loaned season 1 to me and that shit is pretty fuckin' good. Nice heavy dose of black humor, although it did seem to get a little more "heartfelt" or something toward the end of that season. I think there's only one more season out there, another one cancelled before it's time.

DaveMoral - 3-30-2007 at 11:55 PM

I'm watching a ton of TV that's actually good and that I care about lately... before it was just on in the background.

jonnynewbreed - 4-1-2007 at 10:05 AM

I really like that show. I've already watched the first season and i'm waiting for the second season to come out.

joe - 4-1-2007 at 03:47 PM

great show

BDx13 - 4-1-2007 at 11:44 PM

the 7" rules, too.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-2-2007 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
the 7" rules, too.