Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Moving

RomanticViolence - 8-25-2006 at 11:29 AM

How many times in your life have you had to pack up all your shit and relocate to a new house or town?

XHonusWagnerX - 8-25-2006 at 11:41 AM

As an adult Ive only done it 3 times. Not to bad really!

First was at 21 from the house I grew up in to an apartment with a GF and a friend.

Then at 23 from the apartment to a house with 2 friends and the GF (GF dumped me and moved a few months later)

Then at 28-29 from that house to a house that I live in now. My roommate moved in about a year and a half after I did.

Im 32 now.

upyerbum - 8-25-2006 at 11:42 AM

Holy fuck, I just counted, I've moved 14 times (not counting moves within the same city), I went to 7 different schools by the time I was 12.:o

Voodoobillyman - 8-25-2006 at 11:42 AM

I don't like moving, it stresses me out and I always lose something along the way. I am happy where I'm at now and don't intend to move for the next 15-20 years or so (unforseen events excluded of course) eventually though I want to have a home built that is away from urban and suburban sprawl where I can live out the rest of my golden years as they say.

clevohardcore - 8-25-2006 at 01:31 PM

I have been on the move since I was born. I am being serious and not dramatic. Born in CA then moved when I was 3 months. Moved six more times before i was 7. From 7 to 12 moved five times. 12 till 20 moved four times. 20 till now. I am 30 on september 1st. I have moved 3 times. Parents divorce, fighting, Grandparents, other Grandparents, Schools, Father another divorce, Aunts and Uncles, college, on my own. I have been around.

Spoiler - 8-25-2006 at 02:28 PM

I've lived in ever trailer park this side of the Mississippi

BDx13 - 8-25-2006 at 02:33 PM

moved a lot when i was little... divorce, grandparents, remarrying, etc. even if i exclude back and forth to/from college, we're talking 12 or 13 times.

moron - 8-25-2006 at 02:50 PM

Excluding college, just once to NYC. My dad moved around a bit, but I didnt live with him so it wasnt a big deal. I hate moving and try to avoid it as much as possible.

SAAAAARS - 8-25-2006 at 03:09 PM

4 times so far, that number is bound to multiply.

Discipline - 8-25-2006 at 04:52 PM

4 so far.

tireironsaint - 8-25-2006 at 06:06 PM

I don't know if I can even remember all the times I've moved over the years. Most of my moves were around the same town, but I've been hopping from place to place since I was a kid. I'm always surprised to find out that there are people who DON'T move on a regular basis. I started trying to count them and I got up to 16, but that was still about ten years ago and that was when I really moved around a lot. In the almost two years that I've lived in this town, I've lived in three different houses.

DaveMoral - 8-25-2006 at 10:37 PM

Somewhere's between 11 and 12, I'd say. That's counting within my hometown.

Spent all my life on my parents' spread til I hit 18, went to college... came back after a semester, got kicked out, lived with a friend... got kicked out of there to cuz I had a fight with her, back to mom and dad's, out to an apartment with a friend... moved outta there cuz we did renew the lease and neither of us had the dough to go month to month, back to mom's, kicked out and in with a friend and her dad(I'm 20 at this point), a few weeks later I packed my shit and went to Oregon with a bus ticket paid for by my wife-to-be(that would be the one and only Mrs Moral) and lived in her mom's place, then we moved to an apartment, less than a year at the apartment we make a major move to Philly and live with some friends and their son, then into an apartment, then to another apartment some months later... and a couple years later we're in our current place.

Six66Mike - 8-25-2006 at 10:43 PM

First time was moving an hour away to Toronto for school then moving back home 2 years later.

Moved to Australia in 2005 then moved house January this year. Moving sucks.