Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Where do straight edge guys hang out???

Todd - 9-2-2006 at 08:11 PM

I'm selling a guitar that was owned by Jay from 'legendary' NJ straight edge band Turning Point and I'm looking to sell it to a straight edge nerd that might be impressed by such information. Any idea where this type of person might hang out online? Any help would be appreciated.

Spoiler - 9-2-2006 at 08:48 PM

we call him Honus :D

upyerbum - 9-2-2006 at 08:52 PM

:P

XHonusWagnerX - 9-2-2006 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler

hahah.... very well said!

Turning Point huh? How much and what kind of guitar is it?

Voodoobillyman - 9-2-2006 at 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler

hahah.... very well said!

Turning Point huh? How much and what kind of guitar is it?

Take him serious bro, the guy has a collection that would bring most straight edgers to their sober knees..........all it takes is a sixer of Bud for me, but thats a whole different story;)

Todd - 9-2-2006 at 10:03 PM

It's an early 90's ESP Mirage Custom 6 string with a fancy Ibanez Lo-Pro Tremolo to replace the lousy ESP one and an EMG 81 bridge pickup. It has been through the wars with me and is a players guitar, not a showpiece. It's probably the nicest playing 6 string guitar I've ever laid hands on but Idon't play 6 strings anymore. It was built back when ESP built all of their guitars by hand in Japan. It comes with a really nice Calzone flight case. You can actually see the guitar on a Turning Point 7 inch. I bought it from Jay when he decided it was 'too metal'.

Honus, hit me up about that DYS 'Brotherhood' again. I'm less desperate for $$$ these days.

JawnDiablo - 9-2-2006 at 10:15 PM

kinda funny when you think about it because this genre of music isnt exactly known for its guitar players

Todd - 9-2-2006 at 10:23 PM

I think it's strange as well but there are people, over the years, that have fucking freaked out that Jay played that guitar. The guy that drove our van in Europe took pictures with it! It was like the fucking Pope owned it or something. Someone will want it. If someone will buy a piece of toast that looks like Jesus I should be able to sell this guitar. There's no accounting for taste.

barc0debaby - 9-3-2006 at 12:03 AM

serenity - 9-3-2006 at 05:38 AM

http://www.livewire-records.com

Todd - 9-3-2006 at 08:31 AM

Thanks for the help.

XnMeX - 9-3-2006 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by barc0debaby

Funny thing is... Honus would LOVE to hang out there. He's a COKE addict.

Todd - 9-3-2006 at 10:18 AM

For more info on the guitar and some pictures you can go here and check out the guitar blog:

http://myspace.com/starkweather666

Fanx.