Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Your screen name

Discipline - 9-3-2006 at 06:40 PM

How/why did you you choose it?

I chose mine because I love the band, but I also love the word. I have lots of words that I like but many, such as dichotomy, don't really work as a screen name.

XnMeX - 9-3-2006 at 07:14 PM

Mine is easy.... nme = enemy

It's from back in the days of my rap group, it's my "MC" name yo! lol

Spoiler - 9-3-2006 at 07:33 PM

I'll ruin it for ya,because I am the SPOILER

I've been using this name on boards since the mid ninties.

XHonusWagnerX - 9-3-2006 at 08:43 PM

I had a different screen name before but had to change it because of some problems. I had to come up with something kinda quick and didnt really know what to use. I had just picked up an issue of Becket Baseball Card Monthly and I always think of the Honus Wagner cards when I think about baseball cards. Wow... this is turning into a long story... sorry!

Anyway, Honus Wagner was a baseball player in the early 1900's when baseball cards came with tobacco products. Honus was very against smoking and refused to let them distribute his card with tobacco. The only way to get his card was to write to the company and get it in the mail. Anyway, many many years later, only about 10 cards still exist and one in good shape is worth over a million dollars!

RomanticViolence - 9-3-2006 at 09:09 PM

Wesley Willis was the inspiration for my name.
He was awesome.
R.I.P.
"Head butt"

upyerbum - 9-3-2006 at 09:27 PM

I was Jeff the Greek on here before, I got a greek name so why not? And upyerbum was inspired purely by Peter and the Testube Babies. I forgot my old login and was listening to them when I created a new profile. I'm not overly imaginative as you can see.

Dave - 9-3-2006 at 09:35 PM

ummm its my name? :P

the only other name i use really is Moniker which means nick name

defstarsteve - 9-3-2006 at 09:40 PM

I own def-star
I am steve
rocket science

DaveMoral - 9-3-2006 at 09:44 PM

Dave Moral was what I got called when I was in a band called "Moral Choice" 'round about 10 years ago. We played a whole 3 shows and broke up... name stuck.

SlobDylan - 9-3-2006 at 09:45 PM

My friends started to call me this a few years ago and it just kind of works as a screen name.

godabandonedme - 9-4-2006 at 12:07 AM

Had this screen name for like 10 years started with AIM. Word.

Kid Ugly - 9-4-2006 at 12:09 AM

Misremembered Simpson's reference.

DeathByForce - 9-4-2006 at 02:28 AM

Song from my old band.

beaner - 9-4-2006 at 05:28 AM

mine rhymes with my real name, Dean = Bean. beaner is just an extention of that.
so there you go.

crazyfists28 - 9-4-2006 at 10:36 AM

i like the band 36 crazyfists and i think its from an old karate movie. the 28 is just a number i used a while back and it has stuck as my ending since

JawnDiablo - 9-4-2006 at 11:55 AM

i don't even know or remember. i used it for other crap. im not really a spaniard though

upyerbum - 9-4-2006 at 12:21 PM

Really, cuz I always pictured you as sort of a Zorro lookin' guy.;)

Voodoobillyman - 9-4-2006 at 12:30 PM

Deadbolt is my FAVORITE band ever, and my favorite song by my favorite band is Voodoobillyman. I even got the shit tattooed on me with a drawing I did thats representative of it.

JawnDiablo - 9-4-2006 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Really, cuz I always pictured you as sort of a Zorro lookin' guy.;)

I like that idea.....

ekelof - 9-4-2006 at 05:08 PM

Ekel?f is my last name and it works pretty good as a screen name.

DAK - 9-4-2006 at 06:26 PM

Dak is my middle name and what I go by. I just did it in all caps on here. It doesn't stand for anything, my parents just named me a weird name. I have seen Dack or Dax but not too many Dak's. There was a Dak that got killed in The Empire Strikes Back, he was the gunner for Luke in the snowspeeder that got crushed by the AT AT. There is Dak cookies, and ham in a can.

DaveMoral - 9-4-2006 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
Dak is my middle name and what I go by. I just did it in all caps on here. It doesn't stand for anything, my parents just named me a weird name. I have seen Dack or Dax but not too many Dak's. There was a Dak that got killed in The Empire Strikes Back, he was the gunner for Luke in the snowspeeder that got crushed by the AT AT. There is Dak cookies, and ham in a can.

I was sort of thinking it had something to do with him when I saw you'd posted.

That dude was Luke's tail-gunner on Hoth... I'm such a dork!

CR83 - 9-5-2006 at 03:55 PM

When I signed up for a hotmail account years ago while I was searching for a job, they gave me the 83 so I kept it.

DAK - 9-5-2006 at 03:57 PM

I though that might be your hockey number.

thedog - 9-5-2006 at 03:59 PM

about 12 years ago some one called me the dog and it stuck ever since.

long before the bounty hunter.

JawnDiablo - 9-5-2006 at 05:09 PM

actually, i hear Juan Diablo is a charachter on a mexican soap opera...someone told me that...

tireironsaint - 9-6-2006 at 12:41 AM

A story was circulated that I had taken a tire iron and used it to beat the shit out of my ex and the guy she was sneaking around on me with as well as using it to demolish her place of employment. This story was spread by my ex, around to a whole lot of people we both knew. I also had a friend tell me I deserved a sainthood for putting up with that woman as long as I did, combine those two things and there it is.

If it's not clear enough, let me say that I DID NOT actually beat either of them with a tire iron, nor did I do anything to her place of employment.

JawnDiablo - 9-6-2006 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
A story was circulated that I had taken a tire iron and used it to beat the shit out of my ex and the guy she was sneaking around on me with as well as using it to demolish her place of employment. This story was spread by my ex, around to a whole lot of people we both knew. I also had a friend tell me I deserved a sainthood for putting up with that woman as long as I did, combine those two things and there it is.

If it's not clear enough, let me say that I DID NOT actually beat either of them with a tire iron, nor did I do anything to her place of employment.

holy mackarel!

Voodoobillyman - 9-6-2006 at 08:15 AM

Quote:

would it have been SO BAD?

GabeTexasGAMC - 9-6-2006 at 09:12 AM

hahaha this thread is great!
My names not rreally Gabe.
Nor am I from Texas.
My name is Juanito. and im from tamulipas mexico.

Ok... not really.

JawnDiablo - 9-6-2006 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
Nor am I from Texas.

Ok... not really.

LIAR!
I looked you up on zaba search and your name came up as Frito Bandito

Voodoobillyman - 9-6-2006 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
Quote:
Nor am I from Texas.

Ok... not really.

LIAR!

I hear Gabe is actually an 80 lb white boy from Bakersfield who calls himself Taco

GabeTexasGAMC - 9-6-2006 at 11:19 AM

HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAH! Fuck yes! You found me out!

JawnDiablo - 9-6-2006 at 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Quote:
Nor am I from Texas.

Ok... not really.

LIAR!

I hear Gabe is actually an 80 lb white boy from Bakersfield who calls himself Taco

I love me some tacos, is that gay to say?

ekelof - 9-6-2006 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Quote:
Nor am I from Texas.

Ok... not really.

LIAR!

I love me some tacos, is that gay to say?

Only if you call a guy taco first, like you did now.