clevohardcore - 9-19-2006 at 01:01 PM

I have no desire to pay for radio.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 9-19-2006 at 01:25 PM

Sirius

BDx13 - 9-19-2006 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

yeah, it's definitely attractive, especially now that i live in the country and have to drive everywhere, but i can't bring myself to part with the money. i'd rather just rock my ipod.

Voodoobillyman - 9-19-2006 at 01:27 PM

I have too many CDs to be messing with this

Discipline - 9-19-2006 at 01:48 PM

I don't like the radio and never listen t it, so I'm not about to start paying for it.

DAK - 9-19-2006 at 02:13 PM

Xm here.

CR83 - 9-19-2006 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
Quote:

yeah, it's definitely attractive, especially now that i live in the country and have to drive everywhere, but i can't bring myself to part with the money. i'd rather just rock my ipod.

crazyfists28 - 9-19-2006 at 04:21 PM

i dont always bring cds in the car and sirius has such a variety that to me its well worth paying the 13 bucks

DaveMoral - 9-19-2006 at 07:04 PM

I refuse to pay for something that's not even going to play a whole lot of shit that I actually really like. I'll stick with my Cds.

SAAAAARS - 9-19-2006 at 07:29 PM

Quote:

XHonusWagnerX - 9-19-2006 at 07:34 PM

Sirius & I can't live without it now that I have it. Its all about Howard Stern for me though. I seldomly listen to anything else on there.

I would hate a monthly bill though. When I got it I paid for the lifetime subscription. It was $500 all upfront but I figured even if I just listen for the 5 years Howard is definitly on I will save money in the long run!

tireironsaint - 9-19-2006 at 10:13 PM

I thought about it for a while, but there's not enough shit I wanna hear to make it worthwhile. Of course, you should all be listening to my show which is on alternating Friday nights (I'll be on this week) at www.kdur.org from 9 - 11 Pacific, 10 - midnight Mountain, 11 - 1 Central, and 12 - 2 Eastern. IT'S FREE!

crazyfists28 - 9-20-2006 at 09:50 AM

shameless plug!!! im gonna do the lifetime sirius subscription when my year is up in 07'

RomanticViolence - 9-20-2006 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I thought about it for a while, but there's not enough shit I wanna hear to make it worthwhile. Of course, you should all be listening to my show which is on alternating Friday nights (I'll be on this week) at www.kdur.org from 9 - 11 Pacific, 10 - midnight Mountain, 11 - 1 Central, and 12 - 2 Eastern. IT'S FREE!

Friday huh? Did you ever find out what was up with the phone call thing?.

Don't forget to give me the number... a'ight.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 9-20-2006 at 10:15 AM

FYI about the Sirius lifetime subscription...the subscription is for the life of your particular radio, not your lifetime. I've had 5 Sirius radios in the last 9 months because they keep breaking, I would have gotten screwed on the lifetime deal.

Kid Ugly - 9-20-2006 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I don't like the radio and never listen t it, so I'm not about to start paying for it.

crazyfists28 - 9-20-2006 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC
FYI about the Sirius lifetime subscription...the subscription is for the life of your particular radio, not your lifetime. I've had 5 Sirius radios in the last 9 months because they keep breaking, I would have gotten screwed on the lifetime deal.

yeah, ive heard about that but its kinda like rolling the dice and it could work out either way i guess

thedog - 9-20-2006 at 08:31 PM

i dont see myself paying for radio any time soon.
but if i was goin to it would probably be sirious.

tireironsaint - 9-21-2006 at 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
Quote:

Friday huh? Did you ever find out what was up with the phone call thing?.

Don't forget to give me the number... a'ight.
Yeah, Friday at midnight your time, sweetcheeks. I believe the number is (970)247-7262, but I'll be repeating it on the air several times. I'm still trying to find a way to air calls and I'll let you know about that.

And crazyfists, I'm shameless as hell. The show's called The Helium Bar, by the way.

BDx13 - 9-21-2006 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
The Helium Bar, by the way.

careful... you might get a bunch of ravers tuning in looking to see if you have nitris as well!

beaner - 9-22-2006 at 04:09 AM

eh? pay for radio? whats all this about? you have to pay for radio?

please explain?

BDx13 - 9-22-2006 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by beaner
eh? pay for radio? whats all this about? you have to pay for radio?

please explain?

Sirius and XM are two satalite radio stations offered here in the states. For about $10 a month, you get like 150 cd-quality digital stations, many of which are commercial-free, that you have access nation-wide (whereas most traditional stations only broadcast within a certain radius) and online. Also requires special hardware for your car or home audio rack. The big selling point is the content, the programming. One may have a deal with the NFL, the other MLB. One may have Howard Stern, the other Snoop Dogg, each programming their own stations. Oh, and i don't the the FCC (our govt's broadcast watchdog) has any juristiction over satalite, so they can say whatever they want. People here with subscriptions can tell you more.

http://www.sirius.com/
http://www.xmradio.com/

Voodoobillyman - 9-22-2006 at 09:39 AM

I thought I heard something about Stern considering going back to regular radio broadcast, any truth in this?

XHonusWagnerX - 9-22-2006 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
I thought I heard something about Stern considering going back to regular radio broadcast, any truth in this?

not at all.... That report was 100% made up. Some people think its a 'conspiracy' between Clear Channel and XM, some think its just because the news likes to report on Howard, some think its because so many people in the media hate Howard... but either way its NOT true at all. 5 years at Sirius and there will be NO split broadcast like Opie & Anthony do (1/2 on KROC NY and 1/2 on XM) and he will NOT be leaving Sirius to go back to 'terestrial' radio.

Voodoobillyman - 9-22-2006 at 09:46 AM

cool, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a little off, they said his ratings aren't what was expected, I thought that sounded a little wierd.

XHonusWagnerX - 9-22-2006 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
cool, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a little off, they said his ratings aren't what was expected, I thought that sounded a little wierd.

When you hear them say anything about 'ratings' just ignore it because there are no ratings for Satelite Radio. They have no way to track what channels people are listening to.

When Howard announced he was going to Sirius they had 600,000 subscribers. It is now about 11 months later and they have over 4 Million subscribers and they are expecting to reach 6 Million by the end of the year.

From the begining they said that it would take 1 Million new subscriptions to pay for Howards entire contract so that sounds like it has been paid for! The reason that Sirius is probably not actually turning a profit is because they are still a newer company and they are spending a lot of money reinvesting into the company on new satelites, new products, new talents etc.