Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Simple yes or no answer.

MyOwnWay - 9-22-2006 at 09:39 AM

Did the US government orchestrate 9.11?

I'm curious where everyone here stands on this topic. Just yes or no.

Voodoobillyman - 9-22-2006 at 09:39 AM

NO

XHonusWagnerX - 9-22-2006 at 09:41 AM

no

DAK - 9-22-2006 at 09:51 AM

NO

CR83 - 9-22-2006 at 10:02 AM

no

clevohardcore - 9-22-2006 at 10:50 AM

no

gavin - 9-22-2006 at 11:20 AM

no

upyerbum - 9-22-2006 at 11:28 AM

Yes.

defstarsteve - 9-22-2006 at 12:22 PM

orchestrate no
prior knowledge at some level yes

the evil of man has no limits
we are capable of anything even the msot horrid of crimes

clevohardcore - 9-22-2006 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
orchestrate no

^^^^ I sometimes feel this way about it. especially when you think about what the Governement and oil companies are getting away with. Its got suspicion written all over it.

FNSRecords - 9-22-2006 at 03:40 PM

yes

Spoiler - 9-22-2006 at 04:16 PM

no

Discipline - 9-22-2006 at 05:04 PM

no

thedog - 9-22-2006 at 06:02 PM

no

JawnDiablo - 9-22-2006 at 06:06 PM

i dont even wanna talk about this....

moforn - 9-22-2006 at 06:45 PM

They'd likely be capable of it, but I don't think there's any reason to think they necessarily did. It was a nice blank cheque for Bush though.

crazyfists28 - 9-22-2006 at 07:28 PM

i cant see how anyone would say that our own country would do this to itself, knowledge of it...sure but to do it to your own is friggin' stupid

Voodoobillyman - 9-22-2006 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyfists28
i cant see how anyone would say that our own country would do this to itself, knowledge of it...sure but to do it to your own is friggin' stupid

tireironsaint - 9-22-2006 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
orchestrate no

newbreedbrian - 9-22-2006 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
orchestrate no

DaveMoral - 9-22-2006 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
orchestrate no

Gotta go with this one...

Honestly though, that whole Project for a New America and their little report one year prior to that tragic day makes me suspicious that some people from within had a hand in it and that some more sinister elements of the far right could have been involved. There's no telling how far dudes with some crazed end times scenario idea in their heads would go... particularly if they believe it is their duty to usher it in. That part where they detailed a plan for taking Iraq, messing around in Afghanistan and the idea that they needed a new Pearl Harbor in order to rev up military spending is highly suspect...

moforn - 9-22-2006 at 11:52 PM

I don't think Bush (or the people pulling his strings) would have any trouble killing any number of people to maintain their interests (40,000+ Iraqi citizens, 2600+ servicemen, not to mention countless American citizens dying for want of healthcare they can't afford). Had it been orchestrated by neo-cons it wouldn't have been a center so central to the economy, a couple shopping malls would have had the same effect for fomenting jingoism and focused the damage on what they'd see as a more expendable population.

DaveMoral - 9-23-2006 at 08:55 AM

Yeah, but I don't think you could count a couple shopping malls as "another Pearl Harbor."

Pearl Harbor was an attack on America's military might... not many countries had a navy of comparison in those days. The Japanese single-handedly wiped out most of that navy on that day. The WTC and Pentagon were both symbols of American economic and military might and power in the world... definitely more along the lines of Pearl Harbor. See I don't think for the far right that this is even about "America" so much as it is about "Christian" and to take it even further right... it's not even about religion, it's about ultimately control of the world. What is the old saying? "To make an omelet you've got to break a few eggs."

Those were some mighty big eggs, but I wouldn't put it past the power hungry to orchestrate such things.

morgan - 9-23-2006 at 09:49 AM

I'm sure the govt. is involved in all kinds of shadowy shit, but I still got to say no on this one.