Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

AFI

godabandonedme - 9-27-2006 at 08:40 PM

I think it was like 8 or 9 years ago I liked one of there songs, never owned a cd but whatever. Anyway, I'm watching tv today an turn mtv on an there is a thing making the video. Holy crap, I never knew the singer was sssssssssooooooooooooooooo gay. That's cool an all but damn, having never seen him before, really really flaming gay.

Kid Ugly - 9-27-2006 at 09:22 PM

A Faggot Inside

Murk - 9-28-2006 at 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Ugly
A Faggot Inside

:P

XHonusWagnerX - 9-28-2006 at 06:32 AM

I don't know what their old stuff sounds like but the stuff I've heard I hate and I never understood why some hardcore kids like them.

I hate them just because every 80 pound white belt wearing homo & every 220 pound myspace slut worship them and seem to have an AFI hoodie permenantly attached to their body.

Side note: I have nothing against chunky myspace girls! Just AFI fans.

BKT - 9-28-2006 at 11:12 AM

I have always liked this band. Still do to this day and I have no good reason for it, I don't know why. Just like the sound they have going on I guess.

On a side note the way they look and talk I have no time for what so ever.

MM.

hahaha they have a song on their first CD called "I wanna be a highschool football hero", making fun of football and the whole culture of it. Well I am watching the intro to the CFL game last weekend and they are playing a AFI song with clips of the video for "Miss Murder", my how things change when $$$ comes into play.

MM.

moron - 9-28-2006 at 11:46 AM

They've definitely changed their sound over the years. I had never really listened to them before, but when I saw them open for Rancid back in 2000 I thought they were good. That was right before The Art of Drowning came out.

I dunno. I guess the skinny dudes and the fat myspace chicks like them because theyre different and "dark" and used to play hardcore/punk stuff. Now they just play slowed down punk/goth/whatever. It's alright. I wouldnt listen on a regular basis, but I had downloaded some older albums a while ago and gave them a few spins.

MyOwnWay - 9-28-2006 at 10:22 PM

I like AFI. I never dug thier silly punk anthems. But when they did the whole spooky thing, I started to like them. I like the singers voice, and I dig the music. I dont have anything else to say in that defense. I just like them.

clevohardcore - 9-28-2006 at 11:02 PM

old AFI = good

AFI since 2002 = suckage

I stand by that.

CR83 - 9-29-2006 at 10:28 AM

I saw AFI open for Sick Of It All I think in like 2002. Terrible, just terrible. Hot Water Music was also on the bill. They sucked too.

Discipline - 10-1-2006 at 02:25 AM

If I want a spooky bunk band I'll listen to the Misfits or Samhain, not silly fags like AFI.

MyOwnWay - 10-1-2006 at 09:41 AM

Its not so much I was looking for the spooking thing. It just happened to be around the time their songs got more intense. I use the spooky time frame more as to mark when I started to get into them. I can see why they arent for everyone. But I like 'em.

SlobDylan - 10-1-2006 at 01:23 PM

AFI was never good in my opinion. i saw them with Ensign once out on LI and the dude was wearing make up and a rubber suit or something like that. It was just stupid.