Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

X-mas mix CD trade *mail deadline Dec 4th*

Pages:  1    3

Jason the Magnificent - 11-10-2006 at 12:32 PM

I'm blatantly stealing this from another board I post on but would anyone be interested in a mix CD trade?

Seems like most people on this board have somewhat similar taste in music so it might be kind of cool to do this around xmas time.

Basically we get a set amount of people interested, wether it be 5 or 10... maybe a max of 15-20? You burn a "mix" CD and send it to those 15 different people...so for about $15-18 in postage you would get 15 mix cd's in return (one cd from each of the people involved) and maybe get turned onto some new music in the process.

The only requirment really is that if you say you're in you actually come through and burn and ship your cd's before a date we can all agree on.

Musically you can choose whatever selections you wish, but just try and make it somthing you might feel is under the radar. For example, no songs of AF 'On Voice' or hatebreed or Sheer terror albums. Its doesnt have to be uber rare as obviously some of us will get songs we've heard already but just put an effort in to put stuff you THINK people might not have heard.

Discipline - 11-10-2006 at 12:54 PM

I'd get in on this.

upyerbum - 11-10-2006 at 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I'd get in on this.

Its like "old school" file sharing. :P

Jason the Magnificent - 11-10-2006 at 01:12 PM

haha, yeah we can be really modern about this and get everyone on soulseek...create a mix CD folder and make a collection for people to download!

actually thats not a bad idea.

BDx13 - 11-10-2006 at 01:27 PM

we talked about setting up an informal file sharing thing for board members over a year ago, but we (i) never got any where with it.

i like this idea and am definitely in.

cd or download is fine with me.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-10-2006 at 06:34 PM

I prefer the CD one cause getting something in the mail is cooler, but either way is good

JawnDiablo - 11-10-2006 at 06:36 PM

i think this sounds like a really cool idea
most of you guys have good taste
and yes, mail that is not bills is cool

Dave - 11-10-2006 at 11:25 PM

sounds like a cool idea, i'm in...

so we could put whatever music styles we want on said mix-cd right?

not like funk-metal or anything....:cool:

Discipline - 11-11-2006 at 01:25 AM

I prefer cd to download, but that's just me.

JawnDiablo - 11-11-2006 at 08:54 AM

me too

clevohardcore - 11-11-2006 at 09:40 AM

I'd prefer the CD thing too. I am down with this.

Dave - 11-11-2006 at 11:46 PM

we just have to get the list and set the date to mail the cd's out, so everyone should start getting packages around the same time.

maybe we could all pm them to Duane, and he could disto, the info to everyone........

not to put all the work onto you BD of course! ;)

Six66Mike - 11-12-2006 at 02:28 AM

Lets just create a Thorp Records room on Soulseek & leech the shit out of each other haha.

Or share a folder with stuff you want others to check out that you would burn for them.

JawnDiablo - 11-12-2006 at 02:37 PM

if you dudes are all serious about this count me in.
i could put together a pretty decent mixer.
some of you are into stuff i havent heard and would like to be turned onto.
sounds like some good shit getting 15 new mix cds.

JawnDiablo - 11-12-2006 at 02:38 PM

m quinn
909 kenwood road
drexel hill, pa 19026

send me shit

Spoiler - 11-12-2006 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
I prefer the CD one cause getting something in the mail is cooler, but either way is good

me too,I'm in

BDx13 - 11-12-2006 at 06:31 PM

here's who's in so far:
Jason
Discipline
BD
XHonusWagnerX
juandiablo
Dave
clevohardcore
spoiler

ANYONE ELSE?
when should we close the list?

people above - send me a u2u with your address. once the everyone's been counted in, i'll distribute all the addesses.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-12-2006 at 06:53 PM

Give it another couple days....this is for the actuall hard cd correct? any of us can exchange soulseek ID's so that ones kinda effortless

BDx13 - 11-12-2006 at 07:54 PM

people seem to be into the physical cd.

anyone else, get your names in on this list by friday, 11/17.

BDx13 - 11-12-2006 at 07:56 PM

jason, this is your idea, so i just want to clarify...
- you want to stay away from the mainstream hardcore, right?
- can the songs be from any genre?

Dave - 11-12-2006 at 10:28 PM

stoked.......:mad:

Jason the Magnificent - 11-13-2006 at 12:36 AM

Yeah, I guess with the mainstream thing...I mean it doesn't do any good really to get a mix of stuff we've all heard before.

JawnDiablo - 11-13-2006 at 06:44 AM

this will be a cool thing

Jason the Magnificent - 11-13-2006 at 09:21 AM

Just to be clear on the "mainstream" thing so everyone understands.

Obviously it will be impossible to make a CD with 20+ tracks and not have a song or two that a couple people on the trade list have heard. This should be fun so we shouldn't bang our heads trying to make a rarest of the rare CD. As said before everyone has a pretty good idea of what people like in general on this board so AF and NSK tracks would be obvious examples of stuff to skip over. Don't give it too much thought.

Also, I don't see any reason why we should limit these to just "hardcore"...some punk, oi or even metal will work perfectly fine if it works with your mix....I trust everyone on here has made enough mixtapes that I'm not going to get one with Everybody Gets Hurt followed by King Diamond, although maybe that would be cool...haha. Have fun with it.

clevohardcore - 11-13-2006 at 10:16 AM

I just might have to bust out a MERCIFUL FATE song.

JawnDiablo - 11-13-2006 at 11:58 AM

i also like some merciful fate

Jason the Magnificent - 11-13-2006 at 12:22 PM

The breakdown riff in Doomed by the Living dead is harder than anything Bulldoze ever wrote.

clevohardcore - 11-14-2006 at 12:44 PM

I have been working on my list and I'm not even 1/2 way through. I have over 120 minutes of music so far. I will have to edit again once I do my first edit to make it fit on a cd.

clevohardcore - 11-14-2006 at 01:39 PM

Almost done. I got a couple songs that may have been popular but i think may suprise. Is that cool? I don't want to stick to the usual hardcore whatever stuff.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-14-2006 at 01:43 PM

Yes, by all means...have fun with it. The more personality the better.

Also, we all should make sure we at the very least have track list to go with these. If you're more creative/bored...make a cover if you like.

Voodoobillyman - 11-14-2006 at 02:40 PM

I would totally be in on this but have no way of making said CD. I am very technologically impaired. Just wanted everyone to know I'm not being a dick and ignoring this or anything.

Dave - 11-14-2006 at 10:07 PM

mines almost ready..........27 tracks so far..............

clevohardcore - 11-14-2006 at 11:05 PM

I still have to narrow mine down. This part sucks.

clevohardcore - 11-14-2006 at 11:42 PM

I got it. Sucks becasue i have like 20 others songs I wanted on but hey. I think it will do. I just hope it isn't tossed in to the trash when you everyone gets it. I wasted time making it. At least give me 80 minutes and take a listen.

I have a theme to mine.

BDx13 - 11-14-2006 at 11:49 PM

29 in my initial grab.
i wish i had a turntable hooked up right now. i got a ton of digital tracks, but most of the fun/obscure stuff is on vinyl or cassette.

Discipline - 11-15-2006 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I still have to narrow mine down. This part sucks.

That's where I am right now. I need to shave off about 18 minutes.

clevohardcore - 11-15-2006 at 01:04 AM

So who is all in? I am buring them now. I got 4 done.

clevohardcore - 11-15-2006 at 01:05 AM

Ok I'll wait till friday to do any more buring until we find out our totals.

tireironsaint - 11-15-2006 at 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
I would totally be in on this but have no way of making said CD. I am very technologically impaired. Just wanted everyone to know I'm not being a dick and ignoring this or anything.
I'm in the same boat, no CD burner. I would seriously love to do this, I really enjoy turning people onto stuff they haven't heard, that's one of my main reasons for doing my radio show.

BDx13 - 11-15-2006 at 01:42 AM

anyway you can record part of yout show at the station? that would a dope addition to the swap.

thedog - 11-15-2006 at 02:05 AM

i am in.

what would be the best thing to get to ship them in,
and what is the best way to ship em?

Dave - 11-15-2006 at 07:04 AM

cd's are thin enough that they can go as a letter and they should arrive within 1-2 weeks.

i'm just going to put mine in bubble mailers, either in thin jewel cases, or between twos peices of cardboard. since jewel cases always get broken in the mail anyways.

upyerbum - 11-15-2006 at 11:59 AM

Whoa, I want in, miss one fucking weekend and you guys are all over the fuckin place.

I bought the CD's and everything, when where who?

BDx13 - 11-15-2006 at 12:04 PM

by my tally, we're up to:
Jason
Discipline
BD
XHonusWagnerX
juandiablo
Dave
clevohardcore
spoiler
thedog
upyerbum

anyone else who want's in, post up!

send me a u2u by friday with your mailing address, and i'll get all the addresses out to everyone.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-15-2006 at 12:05 PM

OK, everyone was supposed to send Big D their mailing address per one of the posts in this thread. I say we shut this down now and whoever is in is in. Once he has all the mailing addresses, he can put them all together and just U2U the complete mailing list to everyone.

We dont need to do it in bubble envelopes...I think you can get CD mailers at any office store for cheap....or just use a bigger envelope...if we mail them media mail, even with the package they should end up being around $1.50 a cd or less to mail.

You can warp the thing in a paper bag and have it stamped fragile to be really cheap.

I say we set the date to have these mailed out as Monday Dec 4th...that gives us three weeks to make them up and mail them and even for those who wait till the deadline...their cd's should be delivered still by xmas.

Any objections?

Jason the Magnificent - 11-15-2006 at 12:06 PM

Friday works for me D.

JawnDiablo - 11-15-2006 at 12:28 PM

i might send each of you 2 cds being im such a nice dude,
i have to sit down and map all this crap out this weekend

Dave - 11-15-2006 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Whoa, I want in, miss one fucking weekend and you guys are all over the fuckin place.

Hey Jeff, you're going to know alot of the songs i'm putting on my CD (local/CDN), but hey a good mix is a good mix.

but i'm sure everyone will know some of the songs on each of the cd's anyways.:P

JawnDiablo - 11-15-2006 at 01:40 PM

I can't guarantee y'all will like my stuff or havent heard it all but i guarantee there will be something tasty in there

upyerbum - 11-15-2006 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum

Hey Jeff, you're going to know alot of the songs i'm putting on my CD (local/CDN), but hey a good mix is a good mix.

but i'm sure everyone will know some of the songs on each of the cd's anyways.:P

Do it, I know you've got good taste. Anyone with band, new or old should chuck a track on too.

Spoiler - 11-15-2006 at 04:14 PM

some of yous are gonna hate what you get from me...I aint planing on puting any hardcore or metal on my disc's

Dave - 11-15-2006 at 10:53 PM

nice, i might put a couple reggae/ska songs on there too, just to mix it up........ & maybe a rockabilly/psychobilly song too to round it out

clevohardcore - 11-15-2006 at 11:30 PM

I think I got a good mix of stuff that some of you might not have and might like. I said MIGHT.

JawnDiablo - 11-16-2006 at 06:50 AM

i have mine mapped out and the hardcore on it will be what i consider hardcore for that matter. allo of it is going to be just stuff i dig that id like to turn yous onto

upyerbum - 11-16-2006 at 12:50 PM

I hope you all like polka. Kidding...sort of....

Discipline - 11-16-2006 at 04:40 PM

Got mine set. I'm gonna go out and buy some cd's tomorrow.

JawnDiablo - 11-16-2006 at 07:05 PM

polka mosh over hereski

LAST DAY!

BDx13 - 11-17-2006 at 09:55 AM

I have the names and addresses of the following people who are in on the cd swap?
Jason
Discipline
BD
XHonusWagnerX
juandiablo
Dave
clevohardcore
spoiler
thedog
upyerbum

anyone else? today's the last day to get your name in!

Dave - 11-17-2006 at 11:55 AM

i have to get off my ass and finish mine, been swamped with school work this week, what was our mailing deadline again?

oh yeah we should all put our screen names on the cd's too so we can know which ones came from whom and all

Jason the Magnificent - 11-17-2006 at 01:20 PM

In the subject now.

defstarsteve - 11-17-2006 at 02:39 PM

I would do this but Idon't think I have anything you guys don't
my music buying is very limited
but sounds like you folks will walk away with some nice music

JawnDiablo - 11-17-2006 at 05:37 PM

this is yet, another shining example of why the Thorp Board is the shit

WINTHESKIN - 11-17-2006 at 06:03 PM

Man haven't been on here in a minute and stumbled upon this great idea.Hopefully Big D checks his u2u in time so i can get in on this.

BDx13 - 11-17-2006 at 06:25 PM

got ya, wint.

thedog - 11-17-2006 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve

steve,
you have hooked me up with stuff in the past,
so the least i can do is send you a cd too.
just u2u me your address and i'll send one to you when i mail em out.

Discipline - 11-17-2006 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thedog
Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve

Ditto. Throw me yer address Steve.

steve,
you have hooked me up with stuff in the past,
so the least i can do is send you a cd too.
just u2u me your address and i'll send one to you when i mail em out.

DAK - 11-17-2006 at 10:18 PM

Hey BD, I've sent you a couple of u2u's about this. Is it too late to sign up??

upyerbum - 11-17-2006 at 10:33 PM

We should through Steve on the list anyway, just for the shirts.

BDx13 - 11-17-2006 at 10:53 PM

no DAK, you're in.

BDx13 - 11-17-2006 at 11:06 PM

Here's the final list. I have everyone's address, and will send them out this weekend.

spoiler
Discipline
Dave
juandiablo
clevohardcore
Jason
upyerbum
thedog
DAK
WINTHESKIN
BD
XHonusWagnerX

(i didn't miss anyone, did i?)

Dave - 11-17-2006 at 11:43 PM

put steve on the list anyways.........he deserves some free shit for all the stuff he does.......

BDx13 - 11-17-2006 at 11:43 PM

got it.

morgan - 11-18-2006 at 01:41 AM

Every cool idea but my music selection is very limited. Anything that I have pretty much all of you have heard so many times that you have lost count.

JawnDiablo - 11-18-2006 at 07:45 PM

top of page --------->

Spoiler - 11-18-2006 at 09:56 PM

my disc's are done....and like I said before,you aint getting any hardcore from me...so put on your drinking shoes and crack open a cold PBR (or coke ) when you put in my disc...cause it's full of songs that are great to get drunk to (or kill yourself too).Most of yous will like at least a few of these songs,and some of yous will hate them all...if so,just pass the disc along to someone else.
Making these disc's cut seriously into my saturday drinking time,so I've got some catching up to do...I'm off to the bar.

JawnDiablo - 11-18-2006 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
my disc's are done....and like I said before,you aint getting any hardcore from me...so put on your drinking shoes and crack open a cold PBR (or coke ) when you put in my disc...cause it's full of songs that are great to get drunk to (or kill yourself too).Most of yous will like at least a few of these songs,and some of yous will hate them all...if so,just pass the disc along to someone else.
Making these disc's cut seriously into my saturday drinking time,so I've got some catching up to do...I'm off to the bar.

i can't wait
I am actually considering leaving all the impending packages sit unopened until xmas being that you know, having a kid and a girlfriend and all, for me its more of a giving day and not so much of a getting day. this will be a bunch of good getting and i can drink myself silly into the new year.

on a side note, i have blabbed to a couple of friends and my girl about this whole thorp exchange and people are saying its probably the coolest thing they ever heard. i think so

Spoiler - 11-18-2006 at 10:51 PM

my ride to the bar just cancelled...so looks like I'm staying at home tonight.

Over on the Hank III cussin board,we've done a "Secret Satan" gift exchange for the last 3 christmas'.....one board member (someone everyone trusts) collects all the names who want to play,and on thanksgiving day,that person draws the names from a hat and list's them in that order...you send a gift to the person thats above you on the list,and that person does the same for the person listed above them and so on.Then the board member handling the names will private message you the person you will need to send your gift to and their address....and you don't know until your gift arrives who your "secret Satan" is.We have at least 20 people who participate every year,and have had only a few to flake out on sending their gift.There is a minimum of $20 not including postage.
Last year I got a hand painting by one of the board members of a pin-up girl riding a PBR bottle...pretty cool painting.

upyerbum - 11-18-2006 at 11:07 PM

I'm totally waiting til Christmas to open mine. Funny you mentioned that cuz I was gonna' actually suggest it.

DAK - 11-19-2006 at 12:04 AM

I have my cd's burned already. Still need to make the song list. I'll do that a work, my printer is out of ink.

Dave - 11-19-2006 at 12:07 PM

i'm going to wait to open mine til x-mas morning too. :)

i'll get mine finalized this week at some point.

defstarsteve - 11-19-2006 at 03:14 PM

thanks guys
that's rad
We still need to work on our winter longsleeves

BDx13 - 11-20-2006 at 06:08 PM

addresses sent. check your u2us. if you didn't get it, lemme know.

Spoiler - 11-20-2006 at 06:41 PM

got em'.....thanks BD

Discipline - 11-20-2006 at 06:51 PM

I'll mail mine out in the next couple of days.

JawnDiablo - 11-20-2006 at 06:59 PM

word
ill start this tomorrow night.
they'll be mailed soon

Dave - 11-20-2006 at 10:06 PM

got mine finalized now, will be mailed out within the week!

XHonusWagnerX - 11-20-2006 at 11:14 PM

wow... narrowing it down to songs that will fit on one CD is hard!

clevohardcore - 11-21-2006 at 01:52 AM

Ya I know.

I still ahve to burna couple more. Will do that this weekend and then send them out.

Discipline - 11-21-2006 at 01:27 PM

Your shit is in the mail. Unfortunately I got Duane's address correction for Dak AFTER I mailed them. Hopefully it gets there anyways. If not I'll send it again.

I probably should have labeled them as being mine, so the stuff from Mike Smith is from me.

JawnDiablo - 11-21-2006 at 02:40 PM

i just put the mix together
some of the stuff i know yous will like
some of the stuff, well some of ya wont like
got a mix of old hardcore punk
metal
jazz
blues
dub
cunt-try and so on
dig it

BDx13 - 11-21-2006 at 03:00 PM

yeah, for anyone who missed the u2u, dak contacted me with a corrected zip code, so check your messages.

BDx13 - 11-21-2006 at 03:01 PM

and don't forget to label who you are on the cd!

DAK - 11-21-2006 at 04:04 PM

Sorry guys. I put my work zip instead of my home zip. It should still get get here, same city.
I need to make 1 more cd for Andy and buy some shipping packages to mail them in. Mine will probally go out Friday.

Dave - 11-21-2006 at 04:26 PM

wish cd were longer, i have a ton of stuff i wanted to put on......

maybe i'll revamp it once more before the big burn........

Discipline - 11-21-2006 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
and don't forget to label who you are on the cd!

Does Andy know he may be getting some cd's in the mail? Otherwise he might be kind of confused.

BDx13 - 11-21-2006 at 05:21 PM

no, he doesn't, so yes, he probably will.
i'll see him on thursday when we sit down for some thanksgiving goodness, though, so i'll let him know then.

JawnDiablo - 11-21-2006 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
no, he doesn't, so yes, he probably will.
i'll see him on thursday when we sit down for some thanksgiving goodness, though, so i'll let him know then.

the thorp turkey feast

JawnDiablo - 11-21-2006 at 06:28 PM

that goon at the post office is going to shoot me tomorrow.
15 packs
3 of them are for cannuks
plus 4 others i have oing out for ebayers
haha

Dave - 11-21-2006 at 07:22 PM

k mine is finished now, 6 more to burn, and I changed the songs once again...........

mine has a theme, which i hope everyone enjoys...:cool:

mailing them out by the end of the week!

JawnDiablo - 11-21-2006 at 07:28 PM

my son was dancing to the songs while i was playin it back with a brew and peanuts
 Pages:  1    3