Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

If you don't like current xHxCx music

JawnDiablo - 11-22-2006 at 06:45 AM

yeah no shit

xwisebuddhax - 11-22-2006 at 09:29 AM

so true...

Jason the Magnificent - 11-22-2006 at 10:42 AM

Only band with good lyrics in the past 5 years or so is Haymaker.

BDx13 - 11-22-2006 at 11:11 AM

i think kill a celebrity was the first lyric sheet i've read in a decade.
if your voice sounds good with the music, i'll probably listen regardless.

Gooch - 11-22-2006 at 12:36 PM

HAVE HEART- The Things We Carry- awesome lyrics.

moron - 11-22-2006 at 02:20 PM

Theyre not popular here, but Ive always loved Bane's lyrics. Not quite as much on the newest record, but theyre one of the few bands where I actually read the lyrics before I listened to the cd.

tireironsaint - 11-22-2006 at 11:43 PM

One of the main reasons I can't stand newer HC is that the lyrics are shit. Lyrics have always been a big deal to me, I tend to focus on vocals and lyrics more than anything else in music. I don't necessarily have to agree with what the band has to say or whatever, but if the lyrics are poorly written and or pointless shit, then I'm not gonna care.

clevohardcore - 11-23-2006 at 03:32 PM

DEAD HEARTS last cd was not bad.

Ya most of the shit no a days is just that, shit.

FIRST BLOOD cd was awsome, but the lyrics were the worst stuff ever. Same with TERROR.

Six66Mike - 11-23-2006 at 06:44 PM

I stopped reading lyrics when I stopped having time to haha.

Ramallah lyrics are definately still good & About To Snap has got something useful to say. There's a few bands spread out that have good lyrics still but most of it is meaningless shite. Music still rocks most of the time though, they need to spend more time on lyrics.

Sick of it All never disappoint me lyrically, they still write great stuff & have meaning. Death To Tyrants was incredible for music & lyrics, an all around solid hardcore album.

Discipline - 11-23-2006 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
One of the main reasons I can't stand newer HC is that the lyrics are shit. Lyrics have always been a big deal to me, I tend to focus on vocals and lyrics more than anything else in music. I don't necessarily have to agree with what the band has to say or whatever, but if the lyrics are poorly written and or pointless shit, then I'm not gonna care.

Same. I can't listen to a hardcore band and NOT focus on the lyrics.

beaner - 11-24-2006 at 05:17 PM

its funny really, ive never really been into lyrics until i got into hardcore many moons ago but cuz im from the uk, im still finding out about bands that you guys have been listening for years. classic example - juan diablo sent me a bullitin on myspace feat the vid for 'lionhearted by subzero' and i outthought it was fuckin awesome. im all over that band now so much respect to juan diablo for that.

because im a guitarist, ive always been into the guitar element of the shit im into so hardcore, after having a listen, fuckin fell in love with it.

thinking about it, the first band i got into lyrics with is biohazard. soon after that madball.

i need hardcore to have that groove if you know what i mean. its just gotta have that groove.

Discipline - 11-24-2006 at 05:33 PM

Get Happiness Without Peace by SubZero. It's vastly superior.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 11-24-2006 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

that's an understatement

Spoiler - 11-24-2006 at 07:32 PM

Quote:

yep yep

XHonusWagnerX - 11-25-2006 at 07:59 AM

To much THUG bullshit!

ENDERA.x - 11-25-2006 at 05:52 PM

Too much show off thug bullshit. And not enough real street stuff anymore like it used to be. Theres hardly any more unity no brotherhood, if there is talk of it it seems to be misplaced alot. This idea of certain crews isn't what it used to be... theres alott shit... all going down the toilet.

I blame the kids. haha.

VERSE - has some conscious shit

sinister - 11-25-2006 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
What about current hardcore lyrics
Pointless filler
Nothing I could relate to

Totally agree. It's also why I moved away from metal and got more into punk/hardcore in the 80's, hardcore lyrics today are just like that meaningless metal crap, nothing to do with my reality or anyone elses.

I know that's why me and most of my mates got into punk/hardcore in the 80's, 'cause of the lyrics. Coming from the metal side of things we weren't *that* into the music at first, but could totally identify with the lyrics and attitude. So getting into the crossover kinda bands first (DRI, Crumbsuckers, AF, SOD) and then the more punky stuff like DK's, Youth of today, Exploited, Bad religion, was a natural progression.

Can't really see the lyrics of typical "hardcore" today attracting anyone to the scene and it's that as much as the shitty metal riffs and "rockstar" bullshit which has killed it for me.

Only lyrics sheets i've read lately have been Ramallah and Kill your idols.

barc0debaby - 11-25-2006 at 09:38 PM

And so the few and the true were cast down into the depths by the overwhelming armies of pretendXcore. They lie broken, but not defeated, patiently waiting to rise up and tear out the heart of the most gruesome evil ever to be cast upon man.

Shits definetly became insipid, but I do dig the occasionally revenge/beatdown song even if the lyrics aren't too good.

clevohardcore - 11-26-2006 at 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
Quote:

yep yep

ALL SUBZERO is great.

Six66Mike - 11-26-2006 at 04:50 PM

Been listening to Snapcase's Progression Through Unlearning again lots lately, such a good fucking album & killer lyrics. They don't make shit like this anymore.