Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Agnostic Front new CD

DAK - 11-27-2006 at 01:54 PM

From Blabbermouth:

New York hardcore legends AGNOSTIC FRONT have issued the following update:

"It has been a while since any news... so here we go. We are getting ready for these upcoming five dates here in the North East right after Thanksgiving. Directly after those dates Roger [Miret, vocals] will take out his DISASTERS for four shows premiering his 'My Riot' album that was recently released on Sailor's Grave Records. Those shows begin November 30th - December 3rd and are all in Southern West Coast.

"Just so you all know, we have been working on a new record and have 10 songs already! We are set to start recording by February but right before that we will be doing 10 shows down the East Coast from Baltimore, MD to Orlando, FL. and look out Japan, Australia and New Zealand here we come! April is dedicated to those three countries! We will see Europe by end of 2007 and we will also visit other parts of the U.S.... P.S... Somewhere in the mix South America will get conquered!!!"

AGNOSTIC FRONT released its first-ever DVD, "Live at CBGB", in March via Nuclear Blast. The disc includes a 52-minute, intense live set (19 songs) filmed with five cameras at the legendary New York City club CBGB, a 23-minute documentary on AGNOSTIC FRONT with never-before-seen footage, an exclusive behind-the-scenes interview with guitarist Vinnie Stigma at CBGB and an impressive photo gallery. This DVD is available to be heard in 5.1 Surround Sound or stereo. The DVD also comes with an AGNOSTIC FRONT "Live at CBGB" CD, including two bonus songs not on the DVD.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-27-2006 at 02:03 PM

I'm hoping we can expect more sub par Hatebreed ripoff core with Roger doing more of his version of Rick ta Life imitating Roger.

clevohardcore - 11-27-2006 at 02:18 PM

I never picked up the last cd, but I liked the songs I heard live and on the dvd.

Voodoobillyman - 11-27-2006 at 03:49 PM

I prefer the Disasters stuff he's been doing. I also can't wait for the Stigma solo, but that seems to have fallen off the face of the earth for the time being. The last AF was VERY metal, which is the direction they have headed steadily in to for quite some time now, I think the new one will be alot like the last one.

JawnDiablo - 11-27-2006 at 05:28 PM

the last studio effort by AF had a few good songs, but it was surely no Victim In PAin. It was the Jamey JAsta show

xwisebuddhax - 11-28-2006 at 09:58 AM

ya, i like em, but they are falling apart........

Voodoobillyman - 11-28-2006 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xwisebuddhax
ya, i like em, but they are falling apart........

I wouldn't go that far with it, but they do seem to be going by the numbers these days. They do have quite a bit of credibility of course and can basically do whatever the fuck they want under their moniker and I guess this is the direction they see themselves going. It's not great, but it's not completely terrible either. I don't consider it my thing too much but I didn't get rid of the CD and will still listen to it every now and then. I definitely think Rogers heart seems to be deeper into the Disasters these days, the writing shows that whereas the writing on the last AF was the standard anthemic posturing type stuff they have done in the past.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-28-2006 at 11:50 AM

There are two AF's, one is the AF from VIP and prior, who set trends, the other AF is from every album past that who have changed their sound to stay afloat with whatever was "hot" in HC at the moment. Don't get me wrong, CFA, LAJFA and OV are all GREAT albums, but they have been following the trends for YEARS, so their current reach for the ozzfestcore type crowd is not a suprise, just suprisingly boring. For a band who always took whats "hot" and made it exceptional, for the past 10 years they seem to have just been going through the motions and writing a lot of paint by numbers hc albums.

Discipline - 11-28-2006 at 02:04 PM

I thought Somethings Gotta Give and Riot Riot Upstart were amazing albums. I like those two better than One Voice and Liberty...

DAK - 11-28-2006 at 02:19 PM

wORD

MyOwnWay - 11-28-2006 at 04:47 PM

New AF took a while for me, but I like it. So Pure To Me is a great song.

...And personaly I dont think it had a whole lot to do with Jasta. They've always been a bit "metal" in their sound. People cried they were punking out when they signed with Epitaph, now they're going back to what they're comfortable with, and people are saying its too metal.

AF is a good band. That includes the new album.

DaveMoral - 11-30-2006 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I thought Somethings Gotta Give and Riot Riot Upstart were amazing albums. I like those two better than One Voice and Liberty...

Something's Gotta Give is still my favorite AF record... it was also the first one I ever bought. If there are any records from AF I listen to most it's Something's Gotta Give and Riot Riot Upstart.