Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Things that make you happy...

godabandonedme - 11-28-2006 at 01:05 AM

So its been a pretty shitty week and holidays sucks around here and life sucks as usual. Tonight I decided to go get some headphones (cause my laptops speakers are out) so I could listen and watch some good music videos. Anyway, here are the ones that made my night tonight and got me to remember how great OUR music is and how much it means. If you dont like the list to fucking bad.

H20- It was a Good Day
Sick Of It All- Sandal Weisbergers chilling exposie on hardcore punk STEP DOWN
Pennywise- Bro Hymn
Madball- a bunch of em
Face to Face- probablly the best band ever
No Use For a Name- seriously so close to face to face
Warzone- Sound of Revolution, and a bunch more

so many to list. It's seriously a shame that so many people go through their daily lives listening to the shit on the radio and never get to feel like we do. Seriously.

CR83 - 11-28-2006 at 02:12 AM

I love it that you posted it as "our music". Yes, it is "exclusive" but that is part of the reason why I love it.

I had a hockey game tonight. We squeaked out a win 3-2. There is a guy on my team who is very good but can't finish (aka score). He thinks way too much and was bumming himself out after the game. I was discussing the song "adapt and overcome" by Madball and the song "overcome" by Terror. When I work out, these two are staples on the play list.

He's not in hc at all. He's a Dave Mathews type dude. I sent him the lyrics when I got home tonight and he was able to get past the steroetype of how "hateful" hardcore can be. Why am I posting this? Not really sure but I do know that the music I listen to is VERY powerful. It has to move me and these are two songs that will always move me.

I hope your shitty week gets better Man. Good on ya and good post.

godabandonedme - 11-28-2006 at 04:07 AM

Well that's cool and that's the point. I (we) walk around like all the other sheep in the world and complain about how horrible our lives our and how shitty our jobs and our everyday life is, but for 5 minutes tonight I got that feeling that whether or not I go to shows, no matter how many tattoo's I have or don't have, no matter what crew I'm not in, I'm still a part of something special that 99.9% of the rest of the world has no CLUE about. An that is really amazing. Radio music is generic for that specific reason that it HAS to be to get at the masses. I (*we again) have something that together we are all a huge part off. The simple fact of buying Thorp, or SG records, or whatever, B9, Taang, etc. on and on, were all part of this scene that creates music for idiots like us. Not being in a band doesn't make you or you or you not as hardcore or punk as whoever the fuck, the point is, WE'RE the people that support this type of music and are as responsible for the lyrics and points of view as the artists themselves. You don't see that in anything on MTV now do you? Let U2 sing about how much life sucks for other people to distract the mass of people listening from their own shitty lives. I'll listen to shit that makes everyday sense to me, I'll listen to music that brings out the realism that people are suffering (in any which way) here and now in this country, state(s), and city etc. and says things about how to change our own lives. I'll listen to music that makes that little bit of difference, and allbeit, more importantly, in my life, and in the lives of the people that can actually really connect with (CLICHE) THIS THING OF OURS.

Voodoobillyman - 11-28-2006 at 10:20 AM

good points in this thread, but I am very jaded with what "hardcore" has become in alot of ways and can't seem to get past the bullshit. I have not turned my back on it but I would'nt consider myself anywhere near as active in it as I used to be. I do still buy albums here and there when I feel something is worth it (few and far between in my opinion). I look to this board and the people on it actually to keep me up to date on the bands worth checking out as I share alot of the same tastes with most of you. So let's keep diggin for it until someones diggin a hole for us.

DAK - 11-28-2006 at 10:35 AM

Thorp Board

ENDERA.x - 11-28-2006 at 05:25 PM

Simply...

Shows (lack thereof recently)
Beatdowns to those who deserve it here in the ghetto.
Beautiful Women In My Bed
Solid Hardcore and Metal
Conscious Hiphop
Thorp
Everytime I hear about a new release from a decent band rather than a "last show" notice

moron - 11-28-2006 at 05:53 PM

family, friends and my wife!

sometimes work makes me happy too. sometimes.

Kid Ugly - 11-29-2006 at 12:13 AM

-Music, first and foremost. No matter how shitty my life seems to get, crankin' up some Madball/Discipline or other stuff of the same vein always gives me the push to get back in the ring.
Shows
-Getting wasted with my friends at said shows, or even just hangin around the house with them.
-And finally, lifting weights/working out. I know that must sound really meatheaded of me, but honestly, when I'm in the gym, all that's on my mind is the muscle I'm working out. I don't let anything else bother me. It's me, my tunes, and the iron. Everything else just goes away, and I love it.

beaner - 11-29-2006 at 06:00 AM

Family, friends and my music.

JawnDiablo - 11-29-2006 at 09:59 AM

crack

upyerbum - 11-29-2006 at 12:34 PM

Fit crack.

When people do what they say.
Righteous anger.
Beer.
My band.
Hittin' the heavybag.
Beer.
Good new music.
Beer.
A big bag of weed.
Karma.

JoeBenzon - 11-29-2006 at 12:55 PM

Skateboarding
Breakfast

jonnynewbreed - 11-29-2006 at 01:14 PM

Mc Titties.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-30-2006 at 10:38 AM

Spending time with my best friend (whos also my roommate).

Hanging out with my friends Sarah & Liam and their kids.

A day out of work where I can do anything I want!

Giving people cool gifts that I know will make them happy.