Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

M C Freddy Madball

Spoiler - 12-8-2006 at 05:51 PM

MADBALL Frontman To Showcase Hip Hop Side At London Gig - Dec. 8, 2006

MADBALL frontman Freddy Cricien has been added to the bill of Brooklyn death-rapper NECRO's premiere European appearance at The Scala, Kings Cross, London on January 11, 2007.

Freddy will take time off from setting the world on fire as vocalist with New York hardcore pioneers MADBALL to showcase his other talents.

"I grew up with a love for all music," Freddy explained. "But there are two genres I've always been especially passionate about, the ones that I relate to the most. That's hip-hop and hardcore! I've made my mark in the world of hardcore and I'm very grateful for the career it's given me. Now it's time to showcase my other side....it's been a long time coming!'

XHonusWagnerX - 12-8-2006 at 05:59 PM

gay

Discipline - 12-8-2006 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
gay

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 12-8-2006 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
gay

Spoiler - 12-8-2006 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
gay

Voodoobillyman - 12-8-2006 at 06:22 PM

I dig it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no wait..............I changed my mind

Quote:
gay

JawnDiablo - 12-8-2006 at 06:52 PM

freddy aint set the world on fire in a while, who they foolin...

Siczine.com - 12-8-2006 at 07:23 PM

Following in the footsteps of Danny Diablo and Ant$. Hardcore and hip hop are a lot closer than people think. Since I love hip hop, I'll check it out but he'll more likely than not be worse than Ant$.

clevohardcore - 12-8-2006 at 07:50 PM

He does that on every album almost. Like no one has ever heard that before?

Discipline - 12-8-2006 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Following in the footsteps of Danny Diablo and Ant$. Hardcore and hip hop are a lot closer than people think. Since I love hip hop, I'll check it out but he'll more likely than not be worse than Ant$.

Who the hell is Ant$?

Siczine.com - 12-8-2006 at 08:29 PM

Singer of E Town Concrete

newbreedbrian - 12-9-2006 at 12:50 AM

Quote:
gay

beaner - 12-9-2006 at 03:43 AM

Quote:
Following in the footsteps of Danny Diablo and Ant$. Hardcore and hip hop are a lot closer than people think.

thank you. i know exactly what you mean. but im afraid he'll prob be shit. stick with the hardcore fred.

i like my hardcore to be hardcore and my rap to be rap and no mixture of the two thanks.

JawnDiablo - 12-9-2006 at 10:27 AM

i didnt like the last madball so splewt!

Spoiler - 12-9-2006 at 10:38 AM

Quote:

e town concrete is pretty damn good....I usually hate that kinda shit...but I can acually enjoy some of e towns music.

clevohardcore - 12-9-2006 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

^^^^^^WHAT????

Siczine.com - 12-9-2006 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
Quote:

e town concrete is pretty damn good....I usually hate that kinda shit...but I can acually enjoy some of e towns music.

Time To Shine was golden, the split with Second To None was the shit, and Second Coming wasn't bad, didn't enjoy any of their other stuff much though. Mad people hate on them though.

Spoiler - 12-9-2006 at 04:03 PM

everything up to second coming was good...that last album was complete shit.

Siczine.com - 12-9-2006 at 04:05 PM

Agreed. They seemed to be going for $, which is fine it's not like it was a hidden agenda, dude was singing about getting money since they started.

tireironsaint - 12-9-2006 at 04:08 PM

It's pretty sad when your musical career has been on a downward slide since the age of 12. Ball Of Destruction was great, but every record he's been on since then has been worse than the one before it. I will never understand why anyone can even listen to that shit.

Siczine.com - 12-9-2006 at 04:12 PM

Fuck that Hold It Down and Demonstrating My Style were good albums.

tireironsaint - 12-9-2006 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Fuck that Hold It Down and Demonstrating My Style were good albums.
Hey, if you like it, more power to you. Unfortunately, that shit is terrible.

Siczine.com - 12-9-2006 at 04:18 PM

Everyone has their opinion

godabandonedme - 12-9-2006 at 04:33 PM

Set if Off is classic.

tireironsaint - 12-9-2006 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Everyone has their opinion
Fully agreed and I'm the last person to deny anyone the right to their own taste. At the same time, I am fully entitled to speak my mind on my taste. Don't worry, my opinion on this band is the minority view around here, so there will be plenty of people telling me I'm wrong before long.

JawnDiablo - 12-9-2006 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

^^^^^^WHAT????

SPLEWT!\
asin haking a loogie

godabandonedme - 12-9-2006 at 08:47 PM

Tire, I don't dig 90% of any "hardcore" bands that are good these days. I listen to like the same 10 bands for at least the last 12 years or so. On another note though, however much their music may suck (or rule depends how you see it) Madball are legends in this community.

Discipline - 12-9-2006 at 08:54 PM

I loves me some Madball.

JawnDiablo - 12-9-2006 at 09:00 PM

i also like madball.
seen them numerous times
i just really did not like that last cd at all
droppin many suckaz is still gold in my book

DaveMoral - 12-9-2006 at 09:27 PM

I love Madball, I have yet to hear anything from them I didn't like. Unfortunately the single worst track on Hold It Down was, you guessed it, the "rap" song. I have my doubts about Freddy doing this... Ezec is corny when he raps, while Freddy is not such a cornball about the whole gangsta thing... this will not be pretty.

JawnDiablo - 12-9-2006 at 09:47 PM

Ezec is corny when he raps

yup
him and his gold teeth

Jason the Magnificent - 12-9-2006 at 10:01 PM

That last madball album is what...like 16 songs? Theres like 7 really good newer madball songs and the entire rest of the album is boring monotonous chugga. Probably the first Madball album I've ever been disappointed. Coulda been a great ep.

upyerbum - 12-9-2006 at 11:18 PM

I gotta say I'm not a big Madball fan. I don't hate them but I honestly don't see what everyone finds so special about them. They never really hooked me.

Discipline - 12-10-2006 at 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
I love Madball, I have yet to hear anything from them I didn't like. Unfortunately the single worst track on Hold It Down was, you guessed it, the "rap" song.

My thoughts exactly.

MyOwnWay - 12-10-2006 at 09:02 AM

Madballs been a favorite of mine for many years. I dig the music, Freddys lyrical delivery, the whole shit.

For the rap thing. Personaly, its his music and his life. I'm glad hes trying something different. I'm not a huge fan of Danny Diablo music but I respect the guy for doing it.

thedog - 12-10-2006 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Madballs been a favorite of mine for many years. I dig the music, Freddys lyrical delivery, the whole shit.

same here.

sinister - 12-10-2006 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
I gotta say I'm not a big Madball fan. I don't hate them but I honestly don't see what everyone finds so special about them. They never really hooked me.

Yup that's how I see it. They're great live purely for the energy but there's 1001 other things I'd reach for on CD before Madball.

tireironsaint - 12-11-2006 at 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by godabandonedme
Tire, I don't dig 90% of any "hardcore" bands that are good these days. I listen to like the same 10 bands for at least the last 12 years or so. On another note though, however much their music may suck (or rule depends how you see it) Madball are legends in this community.
I think the word legend gets thrown around way too much. I can appreciate that this is a big band that a lot of people like, but I don't see anything worthy of legendary status in them. Were they one of the first HC bands? No. Were they one of the first ones in their area? Nope. Did they pave the way for a new scene? No. Did they create some new sound that had never been heard before? No. Did they go above and beyond in promoting the scene and getting smaller bands recognized? Not in any way that I've ever heard about. What exactly makes them legendary? Is it just how long they've been around? I could name a ton of bands who have been around a lot longer without batting an eye. I just don't understand the appeal or the hype around this band. Of course, the same could be said for a lot of other bands, but this is one of the ones that comes up more than many others.

ENDERA.x - 12-11-2006 at 10:47 AM

Who cares, he can do something different. When you grow up on the streets and you roll with thugs what do you really expect anyways. Hiphop is street music, at least, underground hiphop, just as much as street hardcore is. It's just Different ways of going about it.

Singer of ETOWN has a good voice, very weak lyrics though. Some good riffs. Good shit sometimes but most of their shit I don't like.

I love all madball albums, but not so much the newest. I also love hiphop... some of it.

This is pretty cool, you know why?
Because up in Canada everyone is so fucking seperated into groups it kinda makes me sick. All the rocker kids are saying, "rap is gay, hiphop is gay" when most of them have never spent any time to really listen to any of the real, decent shit because all they hear is the bullshit, I know that's all I ever hear when I'm out, and what I see. So I'm not blaming anyone for that thats how it is... just like the "rock" thing. The hiphop homos say the same shit about anything they hear with "screaming" or guitars. You're all ignorant to be hating come on... be open to new things and at least if it's not your thing don't say its "GAY" - ok Billy Talent and Three Days Grace are gay.

This is in Europe, they are actually more open minded towards shit they stuck up - take it for granted north americans. So again, who cares its not happening here. Necro is fuckin hilarious though if you've ever chilled with him you'd understand. The man loves hardcore, death metal, punk he grew up on it... this is how I look at it, if you can love 2 different cultures of music, respect it. That's worth respecting. Ah fuck, im just going on now... im not going to keep going with this im sure you get where I stand on it.

Take care.

Voodoobillyman - 12-11-2006 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
Who cares, he can do something different. When you grow up on the streets and you roll with thugs what do you really expect anyways. Hiphop is street music, at least, underground hiphop, just as much as street hardcore is. It's just Different ways of going about it.

Singer of ETOWN has a good voice, very weak lyrics though. Some good riffs. Good shit sometimes but most of their shit I don't like.

I love all madball albums, but not so much the newest. I also love hiphop... some of it.

Because up in Canada everyone is so fucking seperated into groups it kinda makes me sick. All the rocker kids are saying, "rap is gay, hiphop is gay" when most of them have never spent any time to really listen to any of the real, decent shit because all they hear is the bullshit, I know that's all I ever hear when I'm out, and what I see. So I'm not blaming anyone for that thats how it is... just like the "rock" thing. The hiphop homos say the same shit about anything they hear with "screaming" or guitars. You're all ignorant to be hating come on... be open to new things and at least if it's not your thing don't say its "GAY" - ok Billy Talent and Three Days Grace are gay.

This is in Europe, they are actually more open minded towards shit they stuck up - take it for granted north americans. So again, who cares its not happening here. Necro is fuckin hilarious though if you've ever chilled with him you'd understand. The man loves hardcore, death metal, punk he grew up on it... this is how I look at it, if you can love 2 different cultures of music, respect it. That's worth respecting. Ah fuck, im just going on now... im not going to keep going with this im sure you get where I stand on it.

Take care.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded (all in the eye of the beholder I'm sure) and I have been exposed to some of the "underground" passin tape kinda hip hop. It's HUGE in Southeast Virginia, and I can honestly say I did not, nor have I ever heard ANY form or function of hip hop I could even remotely enjoy. I choose the word GAY when referencing this style of "music" because I would rather be deafened by duel horse cocks in the ears than listen to the dribble. Just my opinion.

Discipline - 12-11-2006 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x

Take care.

I consider myself to be pretty open minded (all in the eye of the beholder I'm sure) and I have been exposed to some of the "underground" passin tape kinda hip hop. It's HUGE in Southeast Virginia, and I can honestly say I did not, nor have I ever heard ANY form or function of hip hop I could even remotely enjoy. I choose the word GAY when referencing this style of "music" because I would rather be deafened by duel horse cocks in the ears than listen to the dribble. Just my opinion.

Ditto. I used to live with some dudes that were heavy into underground hip hop and I just can't get into it. I don't like the "music" or the vocal delivery. I respect The Roots for actually playing instuments but I still don't like them. As for being open-minded, I like everything from classical to industrial to some country and even some mainstream shit like Dido. I just can't dig the rap shit.

BKT - 12-11-2006 at 02:10 PM

Love Madball. Love E-town and I think that Ant is actually a pretty good rapper, as far as hardcore guys go. Ezac is really bad with the exception of that Hardcore for life EP, I liked that. Freedy raping. LOL. I heard that shit they tried to do on Hold It Down. This is going to be bad.

MM.

MyOwnWay - 12-11-2006 at 06:54 PM

I havnt heard any of Anthony's solo music. Any links?

Siczine.com - 12-11-2006 at 08:02 PM

I wouldn't bother unless you want a few good laughs.

BKT - 12-12-2006 at 12:43 PM

He did solo shit? had no idea. Him without E-Town sounds like a bit of a let down in the making, but I would be open to have a listen.

MM.