Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia

BDx13 - 1-20-2007 at 10:08 AM

Anyone seen The Curse of the Golden Flower? I'm going tonight.
Apparently it doesn't have as much action as House of Flying Daggers or Hero, but if you've seen either, you know the visuals this director employs are worth it alone.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/curseofthegoldenflower/
http://www.sonyclassics.com/curseofthegoldenflower/

Unbound - 1-20-2007 at 06:20 PM

I actually just watched House of Flying Daggers and Hero this week and I was really impressed with both. The action was cool and all, but overall style of both were very artisitc. It really shows how much more attention to detail these movies pay then most US movies.

I just watched The Protector as well, which isn't really related, but pretty damn good in it's own right. Tony Jaa is insane!

morgan - 1-20-2007 at 06:34 PM

Watched Fearless the other night it was pretty good too. Saw hero a while back and really enjoyed it, haven't seen the other two mentioned.

JawnDiablo - 1-20-2007 at 09:47 PM

i think i saw the curse of the golden shower on bangedup.com

BDx13 - 1-21-2007 at 01:34 PM

good, good movie. not a smuch fighting as his previous two films, but definitely no shortage. hell, they killed off an army of 10,000 men in one scene alone!

JawnDiablo - 1-21-2007 at 03:10 PM

im gonna check this out

BDx13 - 1-21-2007 at 03:35 PM

good story, good acting, visually stunning. again, not as much action as the other two, but an apropriate amount given the story, and of course those scenes look terrific as well.. oh, and chow yun fat beats one of his sons to death with a belt, so of curse, that kicked ass. i don't go to the movies often, but this is definitely one to see on the big screen. lots of people have commented on the amount of cleavage Gong Li puts out there, but I was more impressed with this young lady:

DaveMoral - 1-21-2007 at 08:37 PM

My boss said nothing but good about this movie. I really need to check it out.

Funny thing is... Chinese hate the director Zhang Yimou.

Also, the costuming is actually historically accurate. That's really what the Tang dynasty courtesans dressed like. Seems odd, I know, but it's accurate.