Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

I got a new tattoo!

XHonusWagnerX - 3-11-2007 at 12:37 AM

So I finally got back in 'the seat' and got tattooed today. I still have to get Leatherface finished, but with all thats happened in the last month and my grandfather passing away I wanted to get this piece started because it is something Ive been planning for awhile. Its not colored (except for a little red up near the top) but I'm So psyched at how its coming out!!

For you locals, it was once again done by the amazing Glen Dummer who know works at a place called 'Sunny & Shears' on Post road in Warwick, RI.

It was all done free hand, no stencil at all. This is what he sketched out on my leg....

and here is the (semi) finished product....

Obviously it says 'Pop' and 'Grandma' because its for both sets of my grandparents, but I made it specific with the small pictures in the banners. I have one grandfather that was in the Navy and one that golfs almost every day so there is an anchor and a golf ball. Then one grandmother that loves cats and one whos favorite flower is a daisy so there is a flower and a cat!

newbreedbrian - 3-11-2007 at 01:40 AM

looks awesome man. you're gettin a pretty good collection there. definitely bitten by the tattoo bug huh? ;)

GabeTexasGAMC - 3-11-2007 at 06:11 AM

fucking nice as hell!
I love it man!

morgan - 3-11-2007 at 01:20 PM

very nice

BDx13 - 3-11-2007 at 03:14 PM

yeah, that's good stuff.
i want to get tattooed again so bad.
that shit just aint in the budget right now.

random - 3-12-2007 at 12:09 AM

That's one of the nicest pieces I've seen in a long time. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's a free-hand piece.

Voodoobillyman - 3-13-2007 at 08:47 PM

WOW, thats lovely Bro!

tireironsaint - 3-13-2007 at 09:04 PM

I thought I had already commented on this, but obviously not. Anyway, that's lookin' great, can't wait to see the finished piece. Very nice considering it was freehand too, seems as though your guy is quality.

This jacks up my excitement level another notch, I'm scheduled to finally finish this forearm piece a week from tomorrow. We've been working on this for quite a while now. I'm also talking to some of the other artists at my shop about doing some other pieces in the near future. I can't fuckin' wait!

Voodoobillyman - 3-14-2007 at 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I thought I had already commented on this, but obviously not. Anyway, that's lookin' great, can't wait to see the finished piece. Very nice considering it was freehand too, seems as though your guy is quality.

This jacks up my excitement level another notch, I'm scheduled to finally finish this forearm piece a week from tomorrow. We've been working on this for quite a while now. I'm also talking to some of the other artists at my shop about doing some other pieces in the near future. I can't fuckin' wait!

are you working towards an apprenticeship?