Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Very important petition... seriously no bullshit

dannynsk - 2-18-2005 at 02:35 AM

XM Radio's metal station "Liquid Metal" has been taken off their programming schedule! This station was not only one of the few places to listen to metal and hardcore, un cut, music 24 hours a day, but also a way for bands (many of which would never have a chance for their music to reach a national audience) to be heard. This is a major blow to the metal community. Please help me convince the XM programming staff to reconsider the removal of this station.

Go to their website and sign this petition ASAP!!! Bands like us don't get radio play, this is where it's at. These guys at Liquid Metal even did a live show when NSK played DC!!! They play a lot of Thorp bands and support a ton of bands that are not as big and gay as "Slipnot!" Cool guys, awesome channel.

http://www.petitiononline.com/liqmetal/petition.html

Spread this around as much as possible!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Danny North Side

SIGN THIS SHIT

BDx13 - 2-18-2005 at 03:27 AM

moron - 2-18-2005 at 10:15 AM

my friend is cancelling his XM subscription because of this. I bet there's gonna be another rap channel put in it's place. Just what we need....

RomanticViolence - 2-18-2005 at 11:25 AM

Fuck Clear channel!. Thats why we have SIRIUS instead

dannynsk - 2-18-2005 at 11:31 AM

Ha Ha Ha I didn't start the petition - I am just spreding it around!!! AHHHH!!!!! But sign this shit - screw guys that wear band aids on their cheeks!

BDx13 - 2-18-2005 at 12:16 PM

i don't know which is worse... bandaids on cheeks, or girl pants on dudes!

Big Ugly - 2-18-2005 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
i don't know which is worse... bandaids on cheeks, or girl pants on dudes!

Both are equally horrifying.

BDx13 - 2-18-2005 at 12:19 PM

we don't have satellite radio - can't justify the expense, especially not having a car - but in considering which service i would get, i was always kinda torn... stern on sirius (next year), or metal on xm?

moron - 2-18-2005 at 12:29 PM

my girlfriend really wants XM and I was always for it because I knew I could listen to the metal or the punk stations, but now I dont know if I'd go for it. I dont really have the money for it right now anyway.

It really sucks for my friend because instead of only hearing bands like Godsmack or Puddle of Mudd on the regular radio he could actually hear some more underground stuff on XM. Not that I liked everything they played on Liquid Metal, but it's better than the garbage on a regular station. I remember being on a trip to Boston with him and Gone Without Trace came on a bunch of times, so this affects Thorp in a way too.

clevohardcore - 2-18-2005 at 05:11 PM

I am fucking taxed on paying for all this shit. Cellphones cable turnpike taxes dsl, cable modem. Let alone mortgage health insurance can vehicles. I can't aford to fucking breathe anymore. I love hardcore I like metal but I can't fucking pay out the ass anymore just to listen to music in my car.

crazyfists28 - 2-18-2005 at 08:38 PM

stern for president?!!

viva hate - 2-19-2005 at 08:18 PM

i personally listen to fungus on xm.....so i say fuck liquid metal.....those stations all play crap like the used and bleeding through anyhow.....i feel like they are playing live from ozzfest. do i want to be there??? NEGATIVE!!!

Killthehumans - 2-27-2005 at 10:35 PM

Fungus sux too they play so cal style punk only...i mean they have many good songs...but they have far too many shit songs...these stations will never play punk and hardcore in its entirity....they will always mix it in with shit like like bleeding through and alkaline trio..

GabeTexasGAMC - 2-27-2005 at 10:41 PM

Sirius has a seriously good metal station. They have a right wing radio station too, that shit awesome as hell when your driving somewhere at 4am!

RomanticViolence - 2-27-2005 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
Sirius has a seriously good metal station. They have a right wing radio station too, that shit awesome as hell when your driving somewhere at 4am!

They (sirius) also has a comedy channel on there called Raw Dog.. some of its good stuff. All kinds of ate up shit on there!