Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Add this band

clevohardcore - 3-12-2007 at 06:14 PM

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewpro...

They bring back the memories. The cd "WHAT WE BELIEVE" is great stuff.

Same witht he old stuff but what we believe was my first tape of theres.

newbreedbrian - 3-12-2007 at 10:39 PM

great stuff. alot of people didn't like them at the time. been awhile since i've listened to 'em, i'll have to dig some out tonight.

MyOwnWay - 3-13-2007 at 08:42 AM

I like these guys. 'Be Someone' is my favorite track by them.

Dave - 3-13-2007 at 09:22 AM

these guys were awesome , i didn't know that they were still around.

stateofdisgrace - 3-13-2007 at 10:19 AM

They are actually putting out a DVD! I want to get them to play my Edge Fest in NYC this summer!

BDx13 - 3-13-2007 at 10:37 AM

that post about the dvd is from October 24, 2005.
does anyone know if they're still planning on putting it out or when it'll be available?

cause that's EXACTLY when i'm listing my white vinyl Bond of Friendship on ebay!

stateofdisgrace - 3-13-2007 at 10:39 AM

not sure. they keep posting that they are looking for vids and pics and stuff.

Gooch - 3-13-2007 at 01:04 PM

Where have you guys been? INSTED played 3 East Coast reunion shows and 2 West Coast shows back in the summer 2004. I was at the New Jersey show and it was fucking awesome. I got to see them on their 91 tour and they were just as tight and energetic as they were back then. The definitely didn't come across as dudes trying to cash in on anything either. I pretty sure they only money they made out of it covered their travel expenses.
The shows were done in conjunction with Indecision releasing the Insted discography which has everything they recorded. There's also 3 new songs on it which were originally written for a final 7" back in 91, but they broke up before they got to record. Its amazing how the songs sound like they were recorded back then. Usually if a band gets back together and does another record you can here differences in sound, not here.
They also did a small Euro tour in the summer of 2005, I think it was like 5 shows. I don't think they have plans for any more shows. Kevin lives in Colorado and the rest of the guys live Cali. And believe it or not, 3 of the dudes are still edge, Kevin the singer is the only one that isn't and he said he rarely even drinks.
If you remotely like these guys, I'd definitely pick up the discography CD.

BDx13 - 3-13-2007 at 01:06 PM

yeah, i knew about the shows and the discog, but am curious about the dvd!

Gooch - 3-13-2007 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
yeah, i knew about the shows and the discog, but am curious about the dvd!

Who knows the status of that thing. I'm still waiting for the JUDGE one to come out.

Discipline - 3-13-2007 at 03:23 PM

Good band. I have that discography from Indecision. Great shit on there.

tireironsaint - 3-13-2007 at 09:39 PM

I'm surprised to see people say they actually like this band. I've always thought of Insted as the kings of the ultra cheese in the posi scene. Even when I was trying to be a young posicore kid back in the late eighties I couldn't stand 'em. I think they were one of the reasons I realized that I was just never gonna be able to be that way, so in a way, I guess I owe them a debt of gratitude.