Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

FAct Check

BDx13 - 9-8-2004 at 12:10 PM

Politics can be confusing and misleading. Check this out: http://www.factcheck.org

About Us
We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit, "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by an endowment from the Annenberg Foundation.

moron - 9-8-2004 at 12:51 PM

what are you saying? politicians can be misleading????

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

cool link though

BDx13 - 9-8-2004 at 02:26 PM

i consider myself a fair and reasonably intelligent individual. and on occasions, i find myself surprised by, or even in agreement with, a statement made by a politician whose views don't typically align with my own. but i'm honest, i can admit when i agree with the other side.

of course, this assumes the statement i'm agreeing with is based in fact. or even comprised recent information. and as should be expected of politicians, this is not always the case. but how do we know? what's nice about this site is that they research statements made by politicians, and highlight the lies and the truths, however stretched.

DAN SMASH - 9-9-2004 at 04:35 AM

Remember the old saying;

whoever you vote for, the government wins.

tireironsaint - 9-9-2004 at 10:38 AM

Too bad those guys can't follow all major political figures around and point out their lies and exaggerations as they say them. Of course they would probably explode from the constant work. Hey, here's an idea, why don't we actually hold politicians accountable for their bullshit?