Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

PlayStation / GameCube / Xbox / PC ?

BDx13 - 2-22-2005 at 12:35 AM

What do you have? All? None? What games od you play the most? Do you ever play online or network games?

defstarsteve - 2-22-2005 at 12:39 AM

ps2 and gamecube

I like roll playing games and puzzels, not much for FPS type games and I love me some Tony Hawk, since my ass is too old to skate anymore

Boogie Capone - 2-22-2005 at 08:40 AM

PS2

I only play Madden 2005 and NCAA football 2005. But i'm looking forward to the The Godfather game in the fall. It's coming out on EA and they're actually using the real actors for the voices. Looks fucking tight.

MyOwnWay - 2-22-2005 at 09:01 AM

All things Pac-Man

Dave - 2-22-2005 at 10:17 AM

PS2 - i've been playing alot of burnout 3, and prince or persia warrior within.

i also have:
Dreamcast
PS one
NES
SNES
ATARI 2600
GBA sp

moron - 2-22-2005 at 10:48 AM

Ive got XBox. I havent been playing it much lately, but for a while I was really into ESPN NHL 2k5 and Halo. Burnout 3 is an excellent game too, but I seem to do one race and Im so tense during that race that I need to take a break from it for a while. It really takes alot of concentration not to smash into poles and shit. It just tires me out.

I had started playing Grand Theft Auto 3 and Sponge Bob Square Pants too. I havent finished a single game yet, but I think Im getting close with Halo. I almost beat it with a friend at his place.

GabeTexasGAMC - 2-22-2005 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
ps2 and gamecube

I like roll playing games and puzzels, not much for FPS type games and I love me some Tony Hawk, since my ass is too old to skate anymore

your ass is just too old period.

I love my PS2, but ive been playing CALL OF DUTY on Xbox, finally killed the game and am looking forward to Brothers In Arms and the Scarface game.

Boogie is a fagaroonie.

ENDERA.x - 2-22-2005 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
What do you have? All? None? What games od you play the most? Do you ever play online or network games?

i used to have ps2 now i just have one at my cottage... no time for consoles...

pc gamin is more fun.

RomanticViolence - 2-22-2005 at 12:31 PM

PS2, i dont play online though.

GabeTexasGAMC - 2-22-2005 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
at my cottage...

Dude is it a Gingerbread Cottage?

Unbound - 2-22-2005 at 04:51 PM

Ya know. I hate to admit it, but I might be the biggest dork on here. I've got the ps2, ps1, gamecube, n64, super nintendo, xbox, dreamcast, saturn, genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Gameboy Avance, and probably a few more systems I'm forgetting about. I don't play as much as I used to, but I still definitely like video games far too much. I'm more old school with gaming I guess I don't dig the online thing. I'd rather sit playing a two player game with my fiancee or just play a single player game.

Killthehumans - 2-22-2005 at 06:16 PM

PC....
games i play...

World of warcraft(yes i am a nerd)
Half life 2
Doom3
starwars x-wing(classic)

tireironsaint - 2-22-2005 at 07:04 PM

I got the Xbox, my old roommate had every game console known to man and I always liked the Xbox better than any of the other ones. I dig the creepy horror games and I get addicted to some of the longer role playing games like this fucking Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II. I played the first one back home and lost so much sleep because I couldn't put it down and then a couple of weeks ago I picked up the new one for cheap and have been stuck on that.....it ain't like there's much else to do up here....
I'm surprised the Star Wars geek known as Steve isn't glued to this game....

moron - 2-22-2005 at 07:47 PM

tireiron... did you ever get into any of the Hitman games? I bought the latest one without having ever played the previous two and it was tough as fuck and demented as fuck too. It's not a shoot em up type thing. It's better if youre a silent killer. I thought it was awesome that I could kill someone with a steak knife, put the victim's clothes on and then hide the body. haha I havent played that game in quite some time though. Ive kind of taken a break from my games altogether for some reason.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 2-22-2005 at 08:42 PM

PS2. I play GTA San Andreas and that's it. I hated video games until Grand Theft Auto 3 came out.

LilOz - 2-22-2005 at 11:29 PM

I have a ps2 that doesn't work anymore. Should get it fixed.

I got some other systems too:
atari 2600 I believe
nes
sega genesis
sega cd
32x(what a horrible piece of shit that i bought for $5)
game gear
sega saturn
dreamcast

The lunar rpg series for sega cd are my all time favorties

For the most part I play online games when I have the time, specifically Lucas Arts Jedi Knight games like jedi academy and etc. Also like some rpgs like neverwinter nights, but unfortunately I don't play pay to play ones. I like stuff like warcraft and half life too.

moron - 2-22-2005 at 11:51 PM

this thread inspired me to play Halo again.

BDx13 - 2-23-2005 at 12:11 AM

i've got an atari 2600, a chipped ps1 (lets you play foreign & copied games) and a ps2.

i go through phases - don't play for a long time, then play like 2 or 3 hours late at night every night for a few weeks. i don't really have time to research new games and i hate to waste money on crappy ones, so i tend to stick with franchises that i like - THPS, GTA, and HITMAN. i'm playing san andreas now - i only did the first two missions (so the restaurants would open up), and have spent the rest of the time shootin people, crashing cars and gambling. can't wait to play hitman contracts (3), number 2 was a ton of fun. i like that you can kill at you own leisurely pace.

can anyone recommend other decent games in the gta or hitman genre? How's call of duty, or that one based in London?

SAAAAARS - 2-23-2005 at 12:27 AM

i don't play very many games. but i have an xbox, gamecube, and a super nintendo. i usually just play when i'm with friends. halo because halo2 levels are too advanced for me haha and sonic and mariokart on gamecube.... and old mario and lion king games for the super nintendo

tireironsaint - 2-23-2005 at 04:40 AM

Yeah, Moron, I've played some of the Hitman games, but not in a while. They're pretty much all hard as shit, but I like 'em. Damn, now I'm gonna hafta go buy copies of those games too. Thanks a lot, fucker.

vinnie518 - 2-23-2005 at 10:47 AM

Nearly quit my job to play Star Wars: Nights of the Old Republic on my PC last month

LilOz - 2-23-2005 at 10:53 AM

I haven't played the second knights of the old republic, someone told me it wasn't good as as the first one which I lost many hours of my life playing.

vinnie518 - 2-23-2005 at 11:07 AM

How could it be not as good? Even if its the same game just with a different story/missions/characters - it's just as good!

LilOz - 2-23-2005 at 11:10 AM

Well I only found out from a friend at college yesterday it was out, I am a total slacker.

vinnie518 - 2-23-2005 at 11:26 AM

I guess i'll play through the old one a few more times before i break down and buy the new one...

I'm not really into video games all that much, but once or twice a year when i find one i like i'll tend to over do it, and play way too much

LilOz - 2-23-2005 at 11:33 AM

I am thinking about buying it too now after checking the lucas arts site. I am going to be a computer hermit if I do though.

moron - 2-23-2005 at 12:50 PM

I rarely played video games before this summer because when I was growing up my parents wouldnt buy a system for me. When I got a computer... college years... my step sister bought me this FPS called Shadow Warrior. You were a ninja fighting evil or something like that, and the main character is called Lo Wang. I seriously played that game for almost a year before I picked up on all of the sexual references. It was a seriously funny game.

It's kind of old, but it was an awesome fucking game. I lent it to a friend years ago and never got it back though.

LilOz - 2-23-2005 at 12:52 PM

Did you ever play that ufo game I sent you?

moron - 2-23-2005 at 12:53 PM

I havent in a while. I had to delete it because my hard drive is running out of space. I still have the discs though. Theyre floating around the mess that is my living room.

xPARROTx - 2-24-2005 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
PC....
games i play...

World of warcraft(yes i am a nerd)
Half life 2
Doom3
starwars x-wing(classic)
yeah dude, i play the shit out of WoW.....with your name hopefully you rolled horde

RobXRay - 2-24-2005 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boogie Capone
PS2

I only play Madden 2005 and NCAA football 2005. But i'm looking forward to the The Godfather game in the fall. It's coming out on EA and they're actually using the real actors for the voices. Looks fucking tight.

i live in canada and we can't buy the ncaa football video games here. i am getting 2005 this week and i am psyched. these games blow madden out of the water in my opinion.

Killthehumans - 3-2-2005 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
i don't play very many games. but i have an xbox, gamecube, and a super nintendo. i usually just play when i'm with friends. halo because halo2 levels are too advanced for me haha and sonic and mariokart on gamecube.... and old mario and lion king games for the super nintendo

Spoken like a true girl....J/k

Gooch - 3-3-2005 at 02:20 PM

I have a XBOX. I play a lot, but I don't have a lot of games. My rule of thumb is to only play one game at a time. That's pretty much why I only have about 6 games even though I've had my XBOX for 3 years. I'll rent games every now and then to see if I like them. Some games you can finish in a week or 2, so you rent it for like $12 at Blockbuster instead of buying it for $50.

I've been playing Ghost Recon 2 for about 2 months now. I finished the single player campaign 2 weeks ago, now I just play it online a couple nights a week. I never thought I would be an "online gamer", but its fun and almost makes it worth paying $50 for a game because it gives you so much replay value.
Before that I was playing ESPN NFL2k5 from like July to December. Online only. After like 2 games against the computer I got bored played online like every night. So much fun.
I played Star Wars KOTOR when it came out. Took me like at least 6 months to finish that. I want to get the new one, but I'm holding off for now. Splinter Cell 3 comes out in a few weeks, that will be my next purchase.

BDx13 - 3-3-2005 at 02:43 PM

i think that's gooch's longest post ever!

moron - 3-3-2005 at 03:00 PM

I pre-ordered Brothers in Arms a few days ago, and I called home during lunch break and Mrs. Moron said that stuff came in the mail. Im pretty sure Brothers in Arms is one of them. The other is Halo 2.

So... that's pretty much the reason why I dont wanna be at work. THERE'S GAMES TO BE PLAYED!!!

Gooch - 3-3-2005 at 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
i think that's gooch's longest post ever!

I take my video games very seriously....ha.