Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Activity Calorie Calculator?

RomanticViolence - 4-17-2007 at 10:10 PM

I was wondering if one of you could look at this and tell me how accurate you think this ?calorie calculator? is.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm

CR83 - 4-18-2007 at 05:24 PM

Looks a little conservative. I worry about gender and height though. I typed in my wieght (182) and then did 8 minutes. I got:

Elliptical Trainer: general 105

It takes me about 8 minutes to do a mile on one of those things and I'm usually at 120 calories.

My concern would be it didn't take into account my age, height or gender. One place I use is:

www.calorie-count.com

There is an Activiy Log page (once you sign up and it is free) that is fairly reliable.

Hope it helps!

Kid Ugly - 4-18-2007 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Looks a little conservative. I worry about gender and height though. I typed in my wieght (182) and then did 8 minutes. I got:

Elliptical Trainer: general 105

It takes me about 8 minutes to do a mile on one of those things and I'm usually at 120 calories.

My concern would be it didn't take into account my age, height or gender. One place I use is:

www.calorie-count.com

There is an Activiy Log page (once you sign up and it is free) that is fairly reliable.

Hope it helps!

I agree with you that it probably is a conservative estimate, but how are you getting your calories burned on the elliptical? Is it from the screen, because those aren't very accurate either. Check out this site as well, it's got a ton of good, reliable info.