Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

NERVE AGENTS

clevohardcore - 4-24-2007 at 11:55 AM

Any of you like them? I only have Butterfly Collection on cd and am jamming it now. I wonder why the fuck I don't listen to this more. Its really fucking good stuff.

I wonder what the other stuff is like?

BDx13 - 4-24-2007 at 12:38 PM

i know people who LOVE this band, but i don't think i've ever actually listened to them.

Spoiler - 4-24-2007 at 01:33 PM

I've only heard their first album,which is really good.The singer used to sing for a band called Redemption 87....they were better.

stateofdisgrace - 4-24-2007 at 02:30 PM

I agree. Nerve Agents were good, but Redemption 87 was the bomb. Wasn't the singer in Token Entry? (I think he played guitar). That is what someone told me.......

Gooch - 4-24-2007 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoiler
I've only heard their first album,which is really good.The singer used to sing for a band called Redemption 87....they were better.

He also sang for Unit Pride who fucking rule.

I love the first NA record, but never really got into any of the other ones.

Redemption 87 was pretty good too.

clevohardcore - 4-24-2007 at 03:22 PM

Redemption was good. I still want to get some stuff. I can never find any. Not even on revhq.

Gooch - 4-24-2007 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Redemption was good. I still want to get some stuff. I can never find any. Not even on revhq.

Their stuff is probably out of print at this point. New Age put out the 1st Lp and Blackout did the 2nd one. Doubt either has any interest in repressing them.
I can upload them if you want. Give me a few days to get them together.

BDx13 - 4-24-2007 at 05:19 PM

i'd like to get in on this if i could...

clevohardcore - 4-24-2007 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

Their stuff is probably out of print at this point. New Age put out the 1st Lp and Blackout did the 2nd one. Doubt either has any interest in repressing them.
I can upload them if you want. Give me a few days to get them together.

^^^^^^^^ heck ya. Let us know when your ready. Thanks!

tireironsaint - 4-24-2007 at 11:24 PM

Redemption 87 were fairly decent, Nerve Agents were/are fucking horrible. Yet another vastly overhyped band with no reason for it. They sound like the missing link between AFI and youth crew stuff to me, can't imagine who that target audience is....

Gooch - 4-25-2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Redemption 87 were fairly decent, Nerve Agents were/are fucking horrible. Yet another vastly overhyped band with no reason for it. They sound like the missing link between AFI and youth crew stuff to me, can't imagine who that target audience is....

I know their later records have the sound that you're describing, I didn't like that stuff, but their first record is straight up hardcore/punk. Its like a mix of YOT, Antidote, Black Flag, Circle Jerks and 7 Seconds. If you like R87, you would definitely like this record. I think its actually better than any of R87 stuff.

Check out the song 'Carpe Diem', its the 1st one listed.

http://www.myspace.com/thenerveagents

Gooch - 4-25-2007 at 11:54 AM

Redemption 87- s/t

http://www.sendspace.com/file/esybf3

BDx13 - 4-25-2007 at 01:12 PM

nice, thanks gooch.

Discipline - 4-25-2007 at 02:22 PM

Thanks man.

tireironsaint - 4-25-2007 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint

I know their later records have the sound that you're describing, I didn't like that stuff, but their first record is straight up hardcore/punk. Its like a mix of YOT, Antidote, Black Flag, Circle Jerks and 7 Seconds. If you like R87, you would definitely like this record. I think its actually better than any of R87 stuff.

Check out the song 'Carpe Diem', its the 1st one listed.

http://www.myspace.com/thenerveagents
Yeah, that song is a bit better than what I remember of them, but it reminded me of just how badly the vocals sound like a Ray Of Today rip off. Vocals are always the easiest thing to make or break a band for me and hearing somebody aping a trademark vocal style will pretty much kill it every time.

MikeFromInhuman - 4-26-2007 at 10:37 AM

I was/ am a huge fan.
All of their stuff is good, I like the first Revelation record the best.