Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

What's yer favorite Star Wars film?

JawnDiablo - 5-25-2007 at 01:58 PM

I see a bunch of you are Star Wars fans
And Dave Moral announced the 30th aniversary
So what's your favorite?

stateofdisgrace - 5-25-2007 at 02:17 PM

ESB is the best. Luke finds out Vader is his pops, Solo frozen in carbonite. Introduction of Lando. All the plot holes in A New Hope get filled rather nicely. The best written film of the lot.

Happy 30th Star Wars! Can?t wait for the CGI cartoon series.

moron - 5-25-2007 at 02:18 PM

I really only like the original three, and I don't remember them well enough to choose one. Jedi had the Ewoks, right? If so, I like that one the least of the original three. That song they played at the end was embarrassing.

Also, I like the movies before Lucas fucked with them and added the cheesy CGI effects.

newbreedbrian - 5-25-2007 at 02:32 PM

empire.

Discipline - 5-25-2007 at 03:07 PM

I love Empire, but I have to go with A New Hope. Soooooooooooooooooo good.

defstarsteve - 5-25-2007 at 04:04 PM

empire....
dark and evil....
fuck them good guys

tireironsaint - 5-25-2007 at 04:22 PM

Many years ago I would have said Empire, but at this point the only one I like would be one where all the main characters and the writers and director died in a horrible and brutal way. Thanks for destroying part of my childhood you assholes....

Dave - 5-25-2007 at 04:44 PM

empire

DaveMoral - 5-25-2007 at 06:45 PM

Empire but the entire original trilogy holds a special place for me. First thing that ever got me thinking about a higher power and faith and what not... plus it got me looking at the natural world in a whole different light.

joemaconmovies - 5-26-2007 at 12:14 AM

Empire...hands down.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-26-2007 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I have to go with A New Hope. Soooooooooooooooooo good.

stateofdisgrace - 5-29-2007 at 11:41 AM

That Legacy Revealed documentary was pretty good. I think I am going to pick up the 2 books they referenced:

Journey Of Luke Skywalker
and
The Magic Myth of Star Wars

If anyone knows where I can get them, let me know......

Discipline - 5-29-2007 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I have to go with A New Hope. Soooooooooooooooooo good.

NIce to see I'm not alone in my love for A New Hope.

CR83 - 5-29-2007 at 04:37 PM

I have no idea about the new three. Jedi rules for me. It had the closure we all wanted but still left us wanting more. I think the Ewoks are fucking ridiculous but the movie was awesome.

crazyfists28 - 5-29-2007 at 04:44 PM

i can honestly say that i have never seen an entire star wars movie all the way through. maybe as a kid i did but don't remember. just not something i was into.

DaveMoral - 5-29-2007 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stateofdisgrace
That Legacy Revealed documentary was pretty good. I think I am going to pick up the 2 books they referenced:

Journey Of Luke Skywalker
and
The Magic Myth of Star Wars

If anyone knows where I can get them, let me know......

I've never seen the Journey of Luke Skywalker anywhere, but the Star Wars Magic and Myth or whatever I always see at Borders and B&N. It's a thin little thing. Coffee table book really.

There was another one that I wanted to check out... the dude that was saying the Empire represented the "System" and "the Man" after Newt Gingrich was saying the Empire was like the Soviets and the Rebs were like America(what a crock of shit dude, there's a character in the new trilogy inspired by him... his name is Nute Gunray, combo of Newt and Reagan). I think it was called like something Cultures and Technolgies in Star Wars. I dont' know, some sort of cultural studies type thing. I enjoyed that show, taped it.