Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

new A.F. album cover

gavin - 8-2-2007 at 03:35 PM

by craig holloway
he does alot of stuff for H8INC and whatnot
i dig his stuff alot

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 8-2-2007 at 03:58 PM

He also did my brother's bands new CD cover.

gavin - 8-2-2007 at 04:03 PM

nice
i like that one too
his stuff is cool

CR83 - 8-2-2007 at 04:21 PM

Cool shit

Siczine.com - 8-2-2007 at 04:50 PM

Yeah both are sweet as hell

Jason the Magnificent - 8-2-2007 at 04:58 PM

Great artist. responsible for the greatest hc shirt design ever. the cold as life breakin the law shirt.

JawnDiablo - 8-2-2007 at 05:37 PM

nice.
I am curious to hear what this cd sounds like.

DaveMoral - 8-2-2007 at 07:55 PM

I'm hoping it's more like Something's Gotta Give than Another Voice pesonally.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-2-2007 at 09:29 PM

whatever the biggest sound in HC right now is will be what the new AF will sound like, historically speaking.

JawnDiablo - 8-2-2007 at 10:24 PM

i would also prefer the somethings gotta give sound.
thats my favorite aside from victim in pain and live at cbgb

tireironsaint - 8-2-2007 at 10:28 PM

I'm shocked people like that cover art, when I saw it I thought it was some kind of joke. I'm also shocked to read that the same guy did that Fight Like Hell artwork, because that looks fantastic. The AF art looks like a high school metalhead came up with the concept.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 8-2-2007 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I'm shocked people like that cover art, when I saw it I thought it was some kind of joke. I'm also shocked to read that the same guy did that Fight Like Hell artwork, because that looks fantastic. The AF art looks like a high school metalhead came up with the concept.

I didn't want to say anything about the AF cover before, but I agree with you. Nevertheless, the dude is top notch on everything else.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-2-2007 at 10:50 PM

The one thing I don't like about that guys stuff...the one thing....he doesn't do a finished piece....he goes into all this detail and then just airbrushes an acid trip behind the main focal point...almost every single thing he does has that. There this really well drawn out foreground thing sitting on an ink stain. That WIC art he did recently actually had lots of stuff in the foreground and background and looked great.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-2-2007 at 10:52 PM

The fight like hell looks better because it looks like one coherant piece of art, not an aribrushed mall shirt store design.

maybe the AF guy is doing some magic?

like this version of the FLH is lame compared to the one above...

some good examples of his stuff where it looks complete...

some of the stuff is still kinda cartoony, but it stand well as a complete piece...nothing worse than an artist putting colors somewhere just to fill space because they're bored with somthing and just want to finish.

DaveMoral - 8-2-2007 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
The one thing I don't like about that guys stuff...the one thing....he doesn't do a finished piece....he goes into all this detail and then just airbrushes an acid trip behind the main focal point...almost every single thing he does has that. There this really well drawn out foreground thing sitting on an ink stain. That WIC art he did recently actually had lots of stuff in the foreground and background and looked great.

Of course he's doing magic, he's got to be to have that Spartan jumping off his back!

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 8-2-2007 at 11:55 PM

the FLH was altered from the original

ENDERA.x - 8-3-2007 at 12:19 AM

its amazing artwork.

i just dont like the fact that it directly resembles the guy from 300. which was a shit movie. IMO.
i agree with the airbrushin comment in the backround like come on lol

my fave is that dogz of war illustration.

and the WIC one.

BDx13 - 8-3-2007 at 10:25 AM

craig's talent is tremendous, but i'm NOT feelin' the concept for the AF cover.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-3-2007 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
Does the dude have a website?

Just his myspace as far as i know

DaveMoral - 8-3-2007 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
its amazing artwork.

i just dont like the fact that it directly resembles the guy from 300. which was a shit movie. IMO.

and the WIC one.

I haven't even bothered with that movie. Something about parading musclebound dudes around in loin cloths, capes, skirts, swords and body oil just bothers me... a bit homoerotic? Maybe that's why I'm not into wrestling either.

BDx13 - 8-3-2007 at 04:40 PM

...and yet we've all been brought together by the hardcore scene.
where sweaty, shirtless men climb all over one another to live music. ;)

upyerbum - 8-3-2007 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
its amazing artwork.

and the WIC one.

I haven't even bothered with that movie. Something about parading musclebound dudes around in loin cloths, capes, skirts, swords and body oil just bothers me... a bit homoerotic? Maybe that's why I'm not into wrestling either.

Got some issues Dave? :P

ENDERA.x - 8-3-2007 at 06:26 PM

lol ^

Lucabrasi - 8-3-2007 at 08:14 PM

I respect the guy for what he does but its not the style of art I enjoy.

forsaken - 8-3-2007 at 11:05 PM

it's good art but that particular piece is so over the top in some ways and then underwhelming in otehr ways (as someoen said, theres so much foreground detail then just an acid trip background)

XHonusWagnerX - 8-5-2007 at 08:30 PM

Im interested in the LP, but I dont really care for the cover art to much. I like most of the other stuff by that guy, but not feeling the AF one.

morgan - 8-5-2007 at 08:52 PM

Quote:

Agree 100% on this one.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-5-2007 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
Quote:

Agree 100% on this one.

same here....