Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Simpsons moive

clevohardcore - 8-3-2007 at 09:24 AM

I am a fan. The movie was good but not as good as what I expected. I got anlot of the humor but if you were a casual fan you may not like it as much. The movie was only like 65 to 70 minutes long. Very short for a movie. It was funny and had alot of political humor but certainly not what the Sipsons used to be. The most shocking part was you see Barts junk.

CR83 - 8-3-2007 at 09:26 AM

I love the Simpsons and I found the Spider Pig thing hilarious. I have been curious about how the movie goes. 70 minutes huh? For $8.50 for the movie ticket? No thanks.

Siczine.com - 8-3-2007 at 11:38 AM

Nah dude it was definitely at least 80-90minutes. And I liked the movie, it's what you'd expect. The only gripe I have with the movie is that it was a mix of older show concepts that were modernized.

JawnDiablo - 8-3-2007 at 03:41 PM

might see it tomorrow

DaveMoral - 8-3-2007 at 03:51 PM

I think I might try to check it out Sunday. I'm working tomorrow. Do they have matinee prices on the weekend?

JawnDiablo - 8-3-2007 at 04:22 PM

usually like a buck cheaper i think..maybe..i forget

crazyfists28 - 8-3-2007 at 06:36 PM

my friend is a huge simpsons fan and said he was checking his watch half way through, its an hour and a half, that can't be good. he said theres some laughs but alot of political references..

defstarsteve - 8-3-2007 at 06:39 PM

going to take the kids tonight to the drive in double feature of this and the new harry potter....
all for 10.00 a car....
good I will miss this one thing about living in BFE

BDx13 - 8-3-2007 at 06:49 PM

damn, that's a deal.
what's BFE?

Siczine.com - 8-3-2007 at 08:34 PM

For anyone around Philly, Franklin Mills has $5 movies on Tuesdays.

Murk - 8-3-2007 at 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
what's BFE?

bum fuck egypt.

it's like saying in the middle of nowhere, out in the sticks, etc.

JawnDiablo - 8-3-2007 at 10:02 PM

damn that's a great deal Steve.
Wish there was a drive in near here, but I hate the heat.

Discipline - 8-3-2007 at 10:13 PM

I love the drive-in. Went last Sunday to see Transformers (again) and the new Harry Potter. Good stuff. I might rent the Simpsons when it comes out. I haven't really watched the show in about five years, I got kind of bored with it after so many years.

tireironsaint - 8-3-2007 at 10:31 PM

The movie was hilarious. It's 87 minutes according to the theater where I saw it last weekend. I saw it at a matinee show and paid $6.50, well worth it. The beginning kind of meanders for a while before the real storyline starts, so in a way it's like they extended it from a holiday special kind of length just by adding in random stuff at the start. Spider Pig was great, all the digs at christianity cracked me up, it's definitely worth seeing. Stay for the credits too, there's a good bit of extra stuff thrown in there.

JawnDiablo - 8-3-2007 at 10:52 PM

transformers was fuckin excellent discipline
some dude at work has a bootleg copy already
TMNT comes out on DVD on Tuesday

forsaken - 8-3-2007 at 11:09 PM

transformers was good, but the main kid in it shitted me to death with his desperation to pump that broad. wanted to punch him in the guts and tell him to man up.

the simpsons movie was good too, from the minute Ralphy appeared in the 20th century fox logo I was laughing. but yeah, bit recycled here and there.

MyOwnWay - 8-3-2007 at 11:12 PM

Homer... Do something...

I CANT THIS BOOK DOESNT HAVE ANY ANSWERS!!

...Best line ever.

DaveMoral - 8-3-2007 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
going to take the kids tonight to the drive in double feature of this and the new harry potter....
all for 10.00 a car....
good I will miss this one thing about living in BFE

I was going to do the drive-in thing when I was in Indiana last week but no dice. My friend says that cars are lined up for hours to get into new movies. It was a double feature of Simpsons and Transformers. I'd have preferred it be Potter. I wanna see that one too.

We need a drive-in near Philly. Movie theaters kind of suck, nothing special about 'em anymore. Not like the old school joints like in Narberth and places like that. From what I understand the sound for drive-in movies is now done through your car stereo... now you can control the surround sound.

defstarsteve - 8-4-2007 at 01:25 AM

simpsons was good...
potter was better...
transformers has been the best movie this year...

check it enter your zip code and find a drive in near you
http://www.drive-ins.com/

as for BFE
yup bum fuck egypt....
we are getting the hell out of the sticks
2 and a half years here was way too fucking long...
I can not yet discuss the final details of our move but once it happens you guys will know...

but seriuosly the drive in is the absolute best thing about living here....
how fucking pathetic is that