Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

WOAH!! WTF happened to the board?!

BDx13 - 8-6-2007 at 06:01 PM

We've combined the Thorp & Sailor's Grave boards into a single messageboard.

I know, I know... "they're different labels with different listeners and different things to say!" To which I would agrue...
- 95% of the people that were registered at SGR are also registered at Thorp.
- Largely for that reason, the SGR board did not see as much activity as the Thorp board.
- The topics of conversation and personalities from one easily fit in with the other.
- Administering two boards was unnecessarily time consuming.

This new design is meant to compliment the look of both labels. That said, I'm not married to it, so if you have any suggestions or criticisms, lemme know.

Thanks,
-BD-

Jason the Magnificent - 8-6-2007 at 06:09 PM

I think there needs to be pirates or Anton Lavey somewhere.

BDx13 - 8-6-2007 at 06:12 PM

pirates might skew the design a little too much towards the SGR esthetic; anton lavey too much towards Thorp.

how about ANTON LAVEY THE PIRATE? i could incorporate that somewhere!

Jason the Magnificent - 8-6-2007 at 06:29 PM

haha now you're onto somthing.

JawnDiablo - 8-6-2007 at 06:34 PM

I dig it

XHonusWagnerX - 8-6-2007 at 06:49 PM

Wow.... Fancy!!

DaveMoral - 8-6-2007 at 07:07 PM

Wow. Cool.

Siczine.com - 8-6-2007 at 07:25 PM

Man I though I typed in the wrong address...shit looks awesome.

Spoiler - 8-6-2007 at 07:47 PM

I'm diggin it

tireironsaint - 8-6-2007 at 07:55 PM

So much better lookin'. I was wondering if changes were gonna take place when I saw the two icons for the Thorp and SGR homepages up there earlier. As for the merging of the boards, I always thought it was odd that they were separate to begin with.

Siczine.com - 8-6-2007 at 08:21 PM

Now the thorp site needs a facelift to match this.

Six66Mike - 8-6-2007 at 08:26 PM

Were the Thorp & SG logo's always up in the top right corner under the dates or is that new too? I noticed those this morning for the first time.

Dig the new look.

DAK - 8-6-2007 at 08:45 PM

i've been using the iconic style theme for some time now. I'll have to change baco default to check it out.

Lucabrasi - 8-6-2007 at 09:04 PM

I think you should pay me to do a design for the top banner....;):cool:

Murk - 8-6-2007 at 09:28 PM

cool!

newbreedbrian - 8-6-2007 at 10:09 PM

looks great, needs tits.

Six66Mike - 8-6-2007 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
I think you should pay me to do a design for the top banner....;):cool:

pfft I dig the new one. You could do free work and post them so we could vote on who wins. But he'll probably still use his design anyway :)

MyOwnWay - 8-6-2007 at 10:43 PM

I like it. The image at the top is pretty cool as well.

BDx13 - 8-6-2007 at 10:54 PM

i'm glad you all are into it. i still prefer the old SGR design, but there is no doubt this is an improvement over the old Thorp board. i just don't know about the red - it may too much contrast. anyway...

siczine - there will be a thorp main site redesign at some point, i just don't know when. the look you see here likely wouldn't carry over exactly, but may be a starting point for the design.

666mike - the label logos in the top right are new as of today. clicking on them will take you to their respective homepages.

Lucabrasi - we'd love to feature ofther people's art work in the site design, but we're not in a position to be spending on stuff like that right now, so everyone will be left having to stare at what i manage to scrounge together.

Saint - our plan was always to keep the two labels seperate and market them as two distinct brands and companies, which they are; Thorp is not a parent label to SGR. but in considering the state of things with the SGR board, the options became merge them or just drop the SGR board. I believe there is little worse than to have a forum with four posts a month. it sends a very negative message to visitors. so...we decided to give this a chance. and i do truly hope that our more regular SGR board members start posting here.

clevohardcore - 8-6-2007 at 10:57 PM

AWSOME. TOTALLY AWSOME. What I don't get is you don't give us a heads up or bounce ideas off us. You just drop the ball and say "Yo. This is whats up." Good job and seriously it looks great.

BDx13 - 8-6-2007 at 11:06 PM

some people think of me as a heavy, it's true. ;)

nah, this happened real quick. i just got a new server last week and was moving SGR over on Sunday. i decided it wasn't worth the time to reinstall and reconfigure the message board application for that site since no one was using it, and that i would just send people to a redesigned, joint SGR/THORP board on the Thorp server. so once the site was moved, i set about redesigning the boards. a couple people who were online this afternoon were asked to take a quick look before it went live, but that's it. i may leave shit on the back burner for a long-ass time, but once it moves up, watch out...I'm gonna get 'er done!

Discipline - 8-6-2007 at 11:38 PM

Kooky.

Muttley - 8-7-2007 at 12:23 AM

definitely gonna take a little getting used to.. but not bad.

Six66Mike - 8-7-2007 at 12:45 AM

So new board, new site in the works, when can we see some new releases :D

/me beats the horse but hasn't found out yet.

brooklyn - 8-7-2007 at 06:03 AM

like the new look and agree it's easier1 board for both labels

godabandonedme - 8-7-2007 at 07:58 AM

Word I dig it. I was a little confused at first but I'm not real smart anyway.

"Are you telling me you built a time machine, out of a delorian?"

RomanticViolence - 8-7-2007 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boycott Christian HC
WOAH WTF is right!
Looks good...

Indeed. It looks awesome BD.

That is all.

ENDERA.x - 8-7-2007 at 11:26 AM

I like the new look ALOT!

THORP - 8-9-2007 at 10:48 PM

Thanks to all of you for keeping these boards alive. I can not tell you how much it means to me that all of you have continually supported both Thorp and SGR.

I know things have been slow in terms of new releases. I have stopped doing the labels full time and am now running my own practice as a financial planner full time. With 3 kids and a wife staying at home, I just couldn't do the label full time anymore.

2007 has been mostly a year of recouping and re-configuring. 2008 should see some releases of a part time selective nature.

Again, thanks for sticking around.

-THORP

upyerbum - 8-9-2007 at 11:26 PM

I'll take that over a "brummelling" anyday.

newbreedbrian - 8-9-2007 at 11:30 PM

good to hear from you andy. besides enjoying all the conversation around here, i really appreciate all the hard work you've put into the label both from a band as well as a casual listener perspective. you gotta do what's right for you and your family, and that's real hardcore. you've put out a lot of great records as well as having done a lot for my former band and don't think for one moment that your efforts were in vain.

Siczine.com - 8-10-2007 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
I'll take that over a "brummelling" anyday.

Damn straight.

tireironsaint - 8-10-2007 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
good to hear from you andy. besides enjoying all the conversation around here, i really appreciate all the hard work you've put into the label both from a band as well as a casual listener perspective. you gotta do what's right for you and your family, and that's real hardcore. you've put out a lot of great records as well as having done a lot for my former band and don't think for one moment that your efforts were in vain.
Aside, of course, from the bit about the former band, this is exactly how I feel about this as well. Much appreciation to all in the Thorp family.

DAK - 8-10-2007 at 06:34 PM

I would be sad if this place didn't exist.

Discipline - 8-11-2007 at 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
Aside, of course, from the bit about the former band, this is exactly how I feel about this as well. Much appreciation to all in the Thorp family.

joemaconmovies - 8-11-2007 at 08:45 PM

looks like all the SGR posts got pushed way back. that board was basically dead anyways.