Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

would you want to see a BOSSTONES reunion?

BDx13 - 8-10-2007 at 09:53 AM

As several astute readers pointed out, in their recent interview and performance on Alternative Press's AP Show, Big D and the Kids Table let slip that Boston ska-core pioneers the Mighty Mighty Bosstones may be reuniting this winter for a series of five shows reminiscent of their "Hometown Throwdown" events from years past. Donning our investigative hats, we contacted Nate Albert, original guitarist for the Bosstones. Albert had the following to say:

I cannot confirm nor can I deny any such rumor.

Not quite the "yes" or "no" that we were expecting.

Punknews.org also contacted the guitarist for Big D, Sean P Rogan, who expressed his interest in the Bosstones getting back together, but could also not confirm said rumor at this time, quite a different tune than he and his bandmates were singing during their interview with former Org staffer and current AP Music Editor Scott Heisel.

JawnDiablo - 8-10-2007 at 10:04 AM

I didn't even know they broke up.....

XnMeX - 8-10-2007 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

thats what I was gonna post.

panzerkreuzer - 8-10-2007 at 10:16 AM

HELLYEAH!! i definitly want to see the again.

and now i will go and listen to devils night out.
thanks.

CR83 - 8-10-2007 at 10:41 AM

No thanks

MyOwnWay - 8-10-2007 at 10:52 AM

Yes, I think I'd go. Be more excited if they did a new album and toured east coast.

defstarsteve - 8-10-2007 at 10:57 AM

I saw them a few times on the warped tour, and one time they were playing on the stage next to the stage that sick of it all were playing on.... not even say 50 feet apart, but the bosstones were on a huge monster sized stage, sick of it all more on the ground...
but both playing at the same time....

so comes time for the wall of death...and lou says instead of charging each other....
every turn to the right and aim for the kids in the suits and plaid...., none of which knew we were coming....
of the fun times we had that day...

but it was all in good fun, and noone got really hurt....
but instead of ska kids running in place they were running down the street

I don't think I'd go to see them again, depends on who else was on the show, if it was soia I think I'd go

MyOwnWay - 8-10-2007 at 11:01 AM

I saw them on warped tour... Well, sorta. Back in I think 2000, they did warped otur. It was between seeing MMB and a band called Finch. I just heard of Finch and was hooked on their seemingly fresh new album called 'what it is to burn'. I was hooked on that album at the time and decided to go support the new kids, and catch MMB another time. Finch sucked and MMB didnt come around again, they broke up. Disappointed ever since.

thedog - 8-10-2007 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Be more excited if they did a new album and toured east coast.

same here.

MikeFromInhuman - 8-10-2007 at 12:19 PM

No.

MCS
The Spoiler
:)

Discipline - 8-10-2007 at 12:35 PM

I'd love to see them come back. Amazing band.

DeathByForce - 8-10-2007 at 12:35 PM

DAMN RIGHT.

Their cover of "What's At Stake" will always be a classic in my mind ;)

JawnDiablo - 8-10-2007 at 12:57 PM

i didnt really get into anything after that 3rd lp...i forget what it was called actually....began with a w i think

XHonusWagnerX - 8-10-2007 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
i didnt really get into anything after that 3rd lp...i forget what it was called actually....began with a w i think

I think the 3rd one was Dont know how to Party, but Im not positive.

Ive probably seen the Bosstones 20+ times, but I would see them again if they got back together.

Muttley - 8-10-2007 at 02:49 PM

Was never a big fan but they put on a good show.... they played at Tower once when I worked there and it was madness. Cool guys too.

JawnDiablo - 8-10-2007 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttley
Was never a big fan but they put on a good show.... they played at Tower once when I worked there and it was madness. Cool guys too.

the tower theatre in UDPA?

Discipline - 8-10-2007 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByForce
DAMN RIGHT.

Their cover of "What's At Stake" will always be a classic in my mind ;)

Fuck yeah! That was my favorite track on the Slapshot tribute.

Spoiler - 8-10-2007 at 04:12 PM

Quote:

I really haven't listened to enough by them to give an opinion here.

tireironsaint - 8-10-2007 at 04:49 PM

I would LOVE to see them again....IF they went back to the sound they had on those first few albums. I got less and less interested in them after that, but I'll always love the early sound.

I think the last time I saw them play was when they did the big Boston tour where they took Dropkick Murphys out for their first tour. I ended up backstage with the Murphys and Dickie popped in the room at least ten times. Every single time he came in there he introduced himself to me as if I would have no idea who he was and as if he hadn't already met me every other time he entered the room. It was bizarre and there were only about 7 or 8 of us back there, so I don't think he was just having trouble keeping everybody straight. He was incredibly nice and completely without the rockstar ego he easily could have had at that time as they were all over MTV and everything else by then, but he seemed to have the memory of a goldfish. Who knows, maybe he was fucked up on something, but he definitely didn't act like it aside from that one odd thing.

DAK - 8-10-2007 at 06:03 PM

I could give two shits. Not my cup of tea.
;)

crazyfists28 - 8-10-2007 at 07:56 PM

I think that bosstones shows were some of the most fun laid back concerts that i have ever attended. i wouldn't mind seeing them again

JawnDiablo - 8-10-2007 at 08:15 PM

I would LOVE to see them again....IF they went back to the sound they had on those first few albums. I got less and less interested in them after that, but I'll always love the early sound.

yes

Muttley - 8-10-2007 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muttley

the tower theatre in UDPA?

No Tower Records downtown in NYC. They played there to promote "Let's Face It". I had a signed copy but lost it in the "divorce" years ago.

newbreedbrian - 8-10-2007 at 11:21 PM

never seen 'em. been listening to the first two albums for a long long time. pretty hit and miss after that but those two are gold.

DeathByForce - 8-11-2007 at 03:41 AM

Jackknife To a Swan was a return to forms.

That album is KILLER.

joemaconmovies - 8-11-2007 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BD
As several astute readers pointed out, in their recent interview and performance on Alternative Press's AP Show, Big D and the Kids Table let slip that Boston ska-core pioneers the Mighty Mighty Bosstones may be reuniting this winter for a series of five shows reminiscent of their "Hometown Throwdown" events from years past. Donning our investigative hats, we contacted Nate Albert, original guitarist for the Bosstones. Albert had the following to say:

I cannot confirm nor can I deny any such rumor.

Not quite the "yes" or "no" that we were expecting.

Punknews.org also contacted the guitarist for Big D, Sean P Rogan, who expressed his interest in the Bosstones getting back together, but could also not confirm said rumor at this time, quite a different tune than he and his bandmates were singing during their interview with former Org staffer and current AP Music Editor Scott Heisel.

sounds like someone fucked up and opened their mouths waaaay too early.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-11-2007 at 11:34 PM

pretty much every album they ever did was gold. great band..ska, rock, whatever they just wrote good songs...which is more than most bands can do.

DeathByForce - 8-12-2007 at 02:55 AM

It's only a matter of time before MMB do a reunion. Almost all of the members are free now to do it and it's about damn time!

joemaconmovies - 8-12-2007 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before MMB do a reunion. Almost all of the members are free now to do it and it's about damn time!

i'd like to see a new album too

DeathByForce - 8-12-2007 at 01:57 PM

whoa whoa.. let's not get too far ahead. baby steps, baby steps.

joemaconmovies - 8-12-2007 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
whoa whoa.. let's not get too far ahead. baby steps, baby steps.

i'm just saying

BKT - 8-13-2007 at 12:23 PM

nah they sucked.

MM.

upyerbum - 8-14-2007 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
I would LOVE to see them again....IF they went back to the sound they had on those first few albums.

clevohardcore - 8-16-2007 at 09:10 PM

Always loved this band. Seem them many many times and woudl go again if they toured. Every show was a great time. I was really bent out of shape when they broke up. I actually was a little sad or whatever. Felt like I lost a friend because of no more shows. Weird and lame I know but whatever. Age was getting to me back then I guess. .