Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

my new bcards

ENDERA.x - 8-10-2007 at 10:45 PM

i like em :)
(these pics are a little blurry since they are so small compared to the print size but yeah anyways i felt like posting)

Front

Back

BDx13 - 8-10-2007 at 11:21 PM

how's that going, by the way?

the business, not the cards...

ENDERA.x - 8-11-2007 at 10:28 AM

I just woke up, but here goes...

It could be better. I've mostly been relying on Internet Sales and they don't come in very often, at least they haven't for about two months. I also haven't been promoting it at all to be honest. I've been busy with work and such. I haven't been to any shows where I would want to sell anything at either, there aren't really any decent shows anymore in these parts. Also my target market is a very defined group it seems. Other than people who just like the designs and buy an item for that, its more of a real street brand and not just a flashy street one if you know what I'm saying. I get people from all different walks of life and interests who wear and represent. It's pretty cool. But this fall is when I'm going to try to start promoting again heavily. I used to get my stuff printed with Def-Star but he doesn't ship here anymore :( so now I have to find a new screen printer I can trust to do quality work like Steve. I also have to legally register the line so that I can try to get certain designs in some local stores and some stores in Europe / the US. I need to advertise in magazines, etc. I think if I really want to get it going. I have a dream. However, if I wanted to get rich, get it really going fast., I could quite simply just mimic the designs of such larger clothing lines as Akademiks, Enyce, Shady, LRG, State Property, etc. but I don't think I'd like to do that. I personally don't wear huge name brands like those, while I might admire some of the designs from a designers perspective I still just won't buy them. It takes money to make money in the clothing industry too that of which I do not have much of. Two clothing lines that influence me though are Tribal Gear and Joker Brand, not quite so big and flashy urban wise, they are fairly known but they still carry a unique style and I respect it. They are both diverse in the target markets they have - the support hardcore, hiphop, rock, punk, etc. Whereas most clothing line markets are just one particular market such as the big sellers like hiphop. And now, indie/emo rock style clothing lines are big too. Not hard to design that shit either, blood splatters, butterflies that are baby blue, hearts, skulls, etc. I could do anything I want but I choose to stick to what I feel is true to me and thats it. I'll have it no other way. Some of my designs however have been made out of boredom and the want to make money off of them to support the clothing line without any real purpose other than that but hell, I have to allow my self some leeway with it. So, I'm slowly progressing with it. :)