Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Songs not to play loudly while in public

Discipline - 8-21-2007 at 01:55 PM

I was out for a bit today and had stopped at a drive-thru ATM, and got some really dirty looks from people standing nearby. I then realized they were hearing the music from my car, which was the Anti-Heroes doing "Rock & Roll Nigger." It was towards the end of the song when they yell nigger repeatedly. The folks around me didn't look thrilled.:D

morgan - 8-21-2007 at 02:02 PM

So Common, So Cheap is usually a pretty sure bet.

Couple years ago I was going down to Port Aransas. Had the windows rolled down and just as I was pulling onto the ferry to ge to the island Kill a Celebrity came on. The phrase "I'd love to detonate a car bomb..." usually isn't to good to play near cops and other govt. workers

ENDERA.x - 8-21-2007 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgan
So Common, So Cheap is usually a pretty sure bet.

Couple years ago I was going down to Port Aransas. Had the windows rolled down and just as I was pulling onto the ferry to ge to the island Kill a Celebrity came on. The phrase "I'd love to detonate a car bomb..." usually isn't to good to play near cops and other govt. workers

DAK - 8-21-2007 at 03:13 PM

A few David Allen Coe songs.

JawnDiablo - 8-21-2007 at 03:46 PM

Fear: I don't care about you.
Metallica: So What

Discipline - 8-21-2007 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

Blasphemer!!!!! It's Anti Nowhere League, not Metallisux.

JawnDiablo - 8-21-2007 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

Blasphemer!!!!! It's Anti Nowhere League, not Metallisux.

yeah i knew it was someone but didnt know off the top of my head
but aside from that
i fucked this i fucked that i even fucked the schoolgirls snatch...

Siczine.com - 8-21-2007 at 05:21 PM

Fuck it, I would walk by with a boombox in hand blasting Anal Cunt in front of nuns gathered outside a church (I only wish the lyrics were more audible)

Six66Mike - 8-21-2007 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
A few David Allen Coe songs.

LOL I have to turn the volume down on the iPod when he comes on, got the underground album he did with all those nasty tracks haha.

Don't Bite The Dick was in an episode of Weeds, that's when I knew the show would be cool.

upyerbum - 8-21-2007 at 07:52 PM

There's a few Meatmen tunes that definitely qualify.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-21-2007 at 08:36 PM

Skrewdriver

clevohardcore - 8-22-2007 at 12:20 AM

aphex twin - come to daddy. That shit freaks me out.

Lucabrasi - 8-22-2007 at 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I was out for a bit today and had stopped at a drive-thru ATM, and got some really dirty looks from people standing nearby. I then realized they were hearing the music from my car, which was the Anti-Heroes doing "Rock & Roll Nigger." It was towards the end of the song when they yell nigger repeatedly. The folks around me didn't look thrilled.:D

thats the firsst song I thought of when I saw this thread.

JawnDiablo - 8-22-2007 at 07:12 AM

thing is, a lot of the stuff we all listen to will just sound like screaming blah blah blah! to the occasional passerby hearing it and they really won't hear the words...

upyerbum - 8-22-2007 at 08:54 PM

Blitz - 4Q
The Fuck song on My Riot's another good one, every 2nd word is fuck.

DaveMoral - 8-22-2007 at 11:51 PM

Nothing like punk rock and hardcore to piss some folks off.

I vote Wasted Youth Crew on this one. I've played it at work before, usually when customers are out of the house... but my co-workers think I'm nuts. There's alot of Blood For Blood tunes that would fit in this category.

JawnDiablo - 8-23-2007 at 12:01 AM

The place I worked at from when I was 19-24, I was able to pretty much blast whatever I wanted and it was pretty awesome. For the most part, most of the people I worked with in my group were older dudes who were into punk and what not in the early days. They were pretty open minded. However, the executive big shots in the company would have to come back from time to time. I remember one day i was plaing Neglect or something and this womans face just went sour right before my eyes. I really miss that place. I got laid off / terminated when the company was sold. The place I work in now, I just don't bother to play music while I am working because the people here are such retards. They want to ask too many questions and imply things. I used to try to turn people on to new stuff, but with some folks, I am just wasting my breath. Just yesterday this kid was asking me about what FSU was (familiar huh?). I had to just play it off like I dunno. He's going on and on about the dudes in the X games having FSU tattoos and are they in the same FSU as the dudes in the bands I listen to. I have no tolerance anymore.