Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

BETRAYED

clevohardcore - 10-3-2007 at 02:53 PM

Why did they break up?

Awsome fucking band.

Siczine.com - 10-3-2007 at 03:57 PM

Bring It To Life is my favorite song by them. And I'm pretty sure they broke up like 3-4 months ago.

clevohardcore - 10-3-2007 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Bring It To Life is my favorite song by them. And I'm pretty sure they broke up like 3-4 months ago.

I thought it was like a year ago, but I wouldn't be for sure. However I jsut discovered them from that last.fm site about 4 months ago thanks to this board. I finally picked up the cd sustance and am rocking that shit out. It's a shame becasue they sound PERFECT in my book. Exactly hwat i like in a band. Fast jams. kick ass vocals with great lyrics. Fucking good band. Not many of those around many more these days.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-3-2007 at 07:14 PM

Im not sure why they broke up, but I know they did... (yah Im lots of help to this conversation)

Siczine.com - 10-3-2007 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
I thought it was like a year ago, but I wouldn't be for sure. However I jsut discovered them from that last.fm site about 4 months ago thanks to this board. I finally picked up the cd sustance and am rocking that shit out. It's a shame becasue they sound PERFECT in my book. Exactly hwat i like in a band. Fast jams. kick ass vocals with great lyrics. Fucking good band. Not many of those around many more these days.

Right you are, their last two shows were 10/20/06 and 10/21/06. Oh man was I off really bad haha.

clevohardcore - 10-3-2007 at 08:05 PM

I can't beleive I jsut hear dof them though. proves how much out of the loop I am these days. Its sucks.

Gooch - 10-4-2007 at 03:54 PM

I don't know if there was ever a specific reason, but it was probably hard to keep a band together when 2 dudes lived in LA and the other 2 lived in Seattle. not to mention that they were all in other bands as well.

Still for the short time they were around, they left us with 2 pretty great records. I still like the 7" more than the Lp, but the Lp is still fucking solid. I actually just listened to both of them the other night when I went running.

"Bring it to Life" is a rad song. Kind of wish there were more songs like that on the Lp. I kept hearing that the Lp was going to have more of a DC feel to it, Swiz and Embrace were 2 of the comparisions, but I don't hear really that other than that 1 song. Oh well, like I said, still a great record.

I got to see them once live and they were fucking great.