Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Cleveland vs Boston

clevohardcore - 10-12-2007 at 08:38 PM

My heart says Cleveland but logic says Boston. I will follow my heart.

After this season they are both great teams but I'm thinking Boston has more in them to win. However if any team can beat them it is Cleveland. This really is a good matchup.

I say Cleveland vs Colorado in the World Series.

Cleveland to come out on top.

Discipline - 10-12-2007 at 09:08 PM

I will never understand the massive popularity of baseball. The only sport more boring is golf, and only by a slim margin.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-12-2007 at 09:10 PM

anyone but boston...i see enough boston hats already...10 million more is just too much. I hope cleveland grabs it...then they'll be wore down for the white sox in april...we need all the help we can get.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-12-2007 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
I will never understand the massive popularity of baseball. The only sport more boring is golf, and only by a slim margin.

Baseball is not an edge of your seat adrenaline rush sport. A lot of people find that boring. It's a sport of nuance and tradition mixed with equal parts strategy and luck. It's a sport where you can have beers, talk with friends and family and enjoy the open air. It's relaxment personified sprinkled with moments of extremist excitement.

America Rules.

JawnDiablo - 10-12-2007 at 10:02 PM

BAseball's the only sport I enjoy...

XHonusWagnerX - 10-12-2007 at 10:20 PM

As long as Colorado loses Ill be happy

clevohardcore - 10-12-2007 at 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
As long as Colorado loses Ill be happy

^^^^^ I like Colorado. You have to admit they have a great team. Jsut not as much as BOSTON or CLEVELAND or course.

Siczine.com - 10-13-2007 at 02:51 PM

I hate both Arizona and Rockies so I don't care. If I could see one team win it'd be the Indians, they haven't won shit in years and I like the fact they have the 23rd lowest payroll in the league.

And fuck BOSTON sports! Like Jason said, I don't want to see even more new Sox fans come out of the woodworks. Fuck the Patriots too.

clevohardcore - 10-13-2007 at 07:46 PM

game 1. Indians were creamed.

JawnDiablo - 10-13-2007 at 08:44 PM

yeah seriously..... fuck the patriots!

upyerbum - 10-14-2007 at 08:57 AM

Baseball is a game not a sport.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-14-2007 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Baseball is a game not a sport.

Sport-
"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature"

care to enlighten us?

clevohardcore - 10-14-2007 at 11:44 AM

Cleveland evened the series last night. GREAT GAME.

DeathByForce - 10-14-2007 at 03:04 PM

It was good until boston's bullpen exploded.

Discipline - 10-14-2007 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:

Baseball is not an edge of your seat adrenaline rush sport. A lot of people find that boring. It's a sport of nuance and tradition mixed with equal parts strategy and luck. It's a sport where you can have beers, talk with friends and family and enjoy the open air. It's relaxment personified sprinkled with moments of extremist excitement.

America Rules.

I see your point. I don't enjoy any sports outside of wrestling and MMA, so for me baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry. If I'm going to be stuck watching a game I'd rather watch hockey. At least it has some action and intensity to it.

Kid Ugly - 10-14-2007 at 05:25 PM

I dunno, baseball keeps me on my seat, especially during a good game. The pitcher releases the ball, and you don't know what's going to happen next. No game or season is really over until it's over. That's the beauty of it, if you ask me. But I understand why people wouldn't like watching it.

CR83 - 10-16-2007 at 11:19 AM

Quote:

Very well put

upyerbum - 10-16-2007 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess,
and full body contact resulting in someone getting bloody."

Jason the Magnificent - 10-16-2007 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

America Rules.

I see your point. I don't enjoy any sports outside of wrestling and MMA, so for me baseball is about as exciting as watching paint dry. If I'm going to be stuck watching a game I'd rather watch hockey. At least it has some action and intensity to it.

I rank hockey and basketball with tennis...fun to go to games but the back and forth of it on TV is about as exciting as NASCAR...theres a certain monotony level wrapped into the attention these sports require.

Games like football and baseball are ADD acceptable.

To each his own.

Siczine.com - 10-16-2007 at 01:03 PM

I like football, hockey and baseball but the latter is the most boring to watch unless it's the Phillies.

clevohardcore - 10-16-2007 at 06:53 PM

Cleveland Vs Boston again tonight. This may be 3 in a row.

joemaconmovies - 10-16-2007 at 11:39 PM

as much as i want to say boston, we're in a flop. course, after '04 against new york, anything is possible.

clevohardcore - 10-22-2007 at 12:05 AM

Ummm So ya I watched Cleveland get handled by Boston. Now they are celebrating and the whole entire stadium in playing TESSIE by the DROPKICK MURPHYS. Never felt so proud to see Cleveland get beat.

BOSTON I hope you get beat by COLORADO.

Jason the Magnificent - 10-22-2007 at 05:47 AM

fucking unbearable.

joemaconmovies - 10-23-2007 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
BOSTON I hope you get beat by COLORADO.

SCREW!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!

DAK - 10-23-2007 at 02:41 PM

CHOKE

clevohardcore - 10-23-2007 at 02:47 PM

DWID

DeathByForce - 10-23-2007 at 02:58 PM

And that's why you should never say that fat lady has sung!

joemaconmovies - 10-25-2007 at 01:06 AM

GO SOX! ONE DOWN...THREE MORE TO GO!!!

:cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :)

joemaconmovies - 10-26-2007 at 12:39 AM

two down...two to go!! go red sox!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Jason the Magnificent - 10-26-2007 at 05:42 AM

They'd better sweep. At least I can derrive pleasure from the Cubs being swept 4x over. That will help compensate for all the fucking Boston hats I'm going to have to see this winter.