Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Back on the Map

Jason the Magnificent - 10-28-2007 at 07:45 PM

Been doing weight watchers..always thought it was incredibly gay and womantastic but it's actually a pretty good system.

Not going to any of their AA meetings or that nonsense but the online one makes you log what you've eaten so you tend to be more accountable and keep track of things. Kind of like weightloss via Catholic guilt.

Stopped drinking 15 shit beers and started drinking 2 or 3 good ones...hitting the gym on the regular.

Down 15 in about a month.

BDx13 - 10-29-2007 at 06:08 AM

wow, that's a strong start, congratulations.
everyone i know who has done ww has lost atl east some weight.
a few have really used it as a long-term foundation for how/what they eat and found tremendous success.
good luck!

CR83 - 10-29-2007 at 11:27 AM

Great news!!! Jason, congrats. So great.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-25-2007 at 07:59 PM

-25 total....somehow even after this week of being off work and eating a lot of crap i still managed to lose a couple.

CR83 - 11-26-2007 at 10:09 AM

Wonderful news Jason. Keep it going Bud.

upyerbum - 11-26-2007 at 12:13 PM

Jesus man, did you cut off your leg or something? That's what I call results. Is this online thing free? I don't really need to lose weight, but I really need to improve my diet.

Oh, I can't give up beer, it was given to us by the great god Ea, it is to me as weed is to a Rasta. :rolleyes:

Jason the Magnificent - 11-26-2007 at 02:33 PM

Nope. Legs still there.

It's not free the first 3 months cost $60 all together then after that its 17 a month. I suppose after you get used to the ins and outs of the program or hit your goal weight you could just figure things out yourself...but that same rationale could make you lazy too I'd imagine. In the end $17 is probably worth keeping me on a healthy diet ...especially if you're like me and don't eat in volume but eat incredibly bad food.

It's kind of just retrained me, because you can eat anything you want on WW, but everything has a point value. So while I can eat an Italian Beef or slice of pizza, its point value is exponentially greater that all kinds of healthier shit I could keep filling up on all day long (some things almost limitlessly). It's a checks and balance way to keep track/monitor what you eat for lazy unorganized people.

and no...no giving up beer...in fact I've actually been drinking more beer since I've been on it....not sure how or why that happened...a 5% abv beer is 3 points and my wt/ht has me at 35 pts a day right now...so with a little planning it's easy to work in a couple beers with meals and stay WELL within my limits.

CR83 - 11-26-2007 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Jesus man, did you cut off your leg or something? That's what I call results. Is this online thing free? I don't really need to lose weight, but I really need to improve my diet.

Oh, I can't give up beer, it was given to us by the great god Ea, it is to me as weed is to a Rasta. :rolleyes:

The diet stuff is the hardest to get. Some real easy things to are the following:

write down everything you consume in a day. You can use www.calorie-count.com to track and analyze your dayliy intake. It is free too.

Eat only non processed food. This includes all meats, fruit and vegetables. This excludes all cheeses and anything "in a bag".

Drink at least one gallon of water a day

Eat your carbs earlier in the day.

Above all, be disciplined and stick with it. There are no quick results. 1 to 2 pounds a week is a great tempo to be at.

upyerbum - 11-26-2007 at 04:28 PM

Thanks bro.

Jason the Magnificent - 11-26-2007 at 05:56 PM

My problem is I KNOW thats the stuff I should be eating, but without an E-babysitter scolding me theres no way I have the drive to stick with it.

Jason the Magnificent - 12-10-2007 at 01:02 PM

30...wasting away...yeah right.

CR83 - 12-12-2007 at 11:07 AM

Fuck Yeah!

Furly - 1-9-2008 at 03:48 PM

How are you doing from the holiday's? I know a few people that have done the WW thing and hear great things about it. I'm way too cheep and lazy to be skinny.

Jason the Magnificent - 1-11-2008 at 02:30 PM

Holidays were rough but I maintained the pre Holiday weight... and have been back on track since then. down 38 total now.

BDx13 - 1-11-2008 at 03:31 PM

damn, that/s impressive.
i tacked on about 10 pounds during the holidays.
already gave back about five, though.
i need a gym.
or a rowing machine.
when i actually exercise, the weight comes right off.
instead, i sit in front of a computer 12 hours a day.
whatever.
great job, jason.

Jason the Magnificent - 4-24-2008 at 09:21 AM

Still going, though quiet a bit slower and my gym habits have been shit as of late but from 255-260 I'm now at 206.

CR83 - 4-24-2008 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Still going, though quiet a bit slower and my gym habits have been shit as of late but from 255-260 I'm now at 206.

Jason, seriously, this is incredible man. You are great. Keep it up!!!!!!

BDx13 - 4-24-2008 at 10:19 AM

god damn.

Jason the Magnificent - 6-23-2008 at 06:00 AM

Down 58 now @ 201.8....it's a bitch breaking 200, haha I'm a lazy shit. I'd be there if I could just get my ass to the gym....but the hell with it I'm drinking good beer, chillin and still losin weight at a healthy rate. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Jason the Magnificent - 7-21-2008 at 05:21 AM

After teetering between 199 and 201 for a while (I'm so lazy I've quit the gym all-together haha) I have now been under 200 for about 3 weeks, sitting pretty at 198.

I don't remember when I weighed that much, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been since sometime after HS. Feels good being down over 60 lbs.

I can't help but think that if I'd kept my regular gym routine I'd be about 180 by now...oh well.

BDx13 - 7-21-2008 at 05:49 AM

60 pound in under a year?
amazing.

which do you think helped more, the gym, or weight watchers? or equal?
are you still doing ww online?

Jason the Magnificent - 7-21-2008 at 07:59 AM

Definitely the WW. The gym just helped speed things up. WW changed the way I eat and I think thats what the biggest part. Right now I'm at a comfortable 'points' amount where I can be bad once in a while and still lose, so if I go out to lunch I can get an Italian beef or slice of pizza once in a while or have a couple beers a day and it's not equaling a weight gain at the end of the week (still losing about .5 to 1.5 a week steady).

I'd like to lose a couple more, maybe get to 180 but if my point value goes down much further I'll really have to concentrate on what I eat big time and I'm really comfortable right now with the amount I'm allowed. I think if I could just hit the gym though and start a weight program instead of just cardio I'd be way more happy with the current weight. For some reason I've just been really unmotivated the past couple months.

Still doing WW online but I mostly just use it for the weight tracking now. Once you have the same amount of points for so long it's pretty routine...I haven't been actually tracking the points on there in a couple months which is probably bad because I'm sure I'm cheating a pinch here and there, but again...I'm still losing.

CR83 - 7-21-2008 at 04:46 PM

Jason, this is incredible Man. Congrats to you. I hope you feel really proud of yourself. You are a true testament. Just plain awesome.

Keep going!

Jason the Magnificent - 9-15-2008 at 08:58 AM

Well not quite....but approaching the 75lb loss mark. Almost there. From 265 to 192....12 more pounds to go and I think I'll be happy...180 is manageable, after that its just a matter of hitting the gym regularly to turn the flab to fab.

Fuck I hate the gym.

CR83 - 9-15-2008 at 04:53 PM

Jason, how tall are you?

I am just blown away at what an incredible feat you have accomplished. Just great.

Jason the Magnificent - 9-15-2008 at 05:11 PM

If I go 2 weeks without a trim I'm 6'-0".

Jason the Magnificent - 6-3-2009 at 07:15 PM

Having a biggest loser thing at work...using it to motivate me over the hump, been bouncing between 192 to 198 for 6 months just because I'm too lazy to do WW right...which is kind of good because at least that shows once I get to my goal I can maintain a weight now with even moderate discipline...but...it's not where I wanted to get.

So off I go again for glory and everyone at works money when I grab that pot in September.

Dave - 6-4-2009 at 07:21 AM

i'd love to hit 200lb again...:freak:....can't see it happening.

congrats for keeping it off Jason, i'm glad you keep this post updated for us.

Jason the Magnificent - 7-7-2009 at 01:24 PM

Slowly whittling away again at it. Was 188 this AM...back to where I was before the great slack-o-thon of '09 started, another 10 or so and I'm golden.

Jason the Magnificent - 7-30-2009 at 08:33 AM

bam.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-20-2009 at 05:48 AM

85 lbs.

BDx13 - 6-2-2011 at 08:46 PM

thanks to the spammers for diggin up this thread for us.
so, where are ya these days, jason?

Johnny_Whistle - 6-3-2011 at 11:12 AM

I'm down to 178 as of this week. That's down from 212, which was up from 175, which was down from 310 before gastric bypass.

Jason the Magnificent - 6-23-2011 at 01:34 PM

Lol...just noticed this being back up again.

I started at 265...the lowest I got was 180...over the course of a year after that I went back up to 200.

But for the past 18 months or so I've maintained between 195 and 205 up and down depending on vacation eating, work trips (ever worse than vacation eating when it's paid for...free fillets anyone?), activities....and of course my love of beer. I still do fairly frequent cardio (elliptical mostly)...2-3 hrs a week on average.

I Really would like to get to 175 and stay there. I recently got a hybrid/road bike and have been doing 3-4 20 mile rides a week to get out of the boring ass gym...I really need to do more strength training but that shit bores me to death.

Jason the Magnificent - 8-10-2012 at 07:31 AM

In the spirit of updates...

I am now at an extremely easy to maintain 175. I joined Life Time Fitness 6 months ago, and for about 4 months worked with a personal trainer (2 months of 2x a week, then 2 months at once every other week). That really helped get me over my fear of death by boredom from strength training...since I was probably bored because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing before.

My weight when I started there was 180-185ish, so I've only really lost 10ish pounds, BUT I have went from 23.6% body fat to 17.1% as of today. So I'm gaining lean mass with great gains in strength, since before I couldn't even do a real push up anymore (office life is a bitch).

It's a change of pace for sure making sure that I eat enough to maintain what I'm doing, instead of starving myself before trying to do everything on diet alone. Plus its amusing to piss my wife off on cardio days when I have to eat like 2800 more calories on top of my normal daily allowance to make up for a long bike ride.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-13-2012 at 09:06 AM

I was hovering around 222-225 for about a month and then tried to make some adjustments and it seems to be going down again. Last time I weight myself was about a week ago and I was at 217 so its moving!

My goal is to be under 200 by November... hopefully I can make it!