Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Hey guys, new here from the band Death & Taxes

jeffandtaxes - 11-21-2007 at 05:23 PM

Hey all, a friend pointed me over here, said there was a thread or two about my new band, Death & Taxes. I appreciate the interest, drop me a line or post to this if you have any questions about it.

The new cd, "Tattooed Hearts & Broken Promises" is out Dec 11th on I Scream (though it could just as easily have been with Andy here if it weren't for bad timing, so I guess there IS a connection to this board after all).

They're pre-selling copies at Newbury Comics if anyone wants, but I'm not here to spam you. Just thought I'd jump in the conversation.

-Jeff

Lucabrasi - 11-21-2007 at 05:30 PM

Will this be available for download on Itunes or any online music (pay) site?

jeffandtaxes - 11-21-2007 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
Will this be available for download on Itunes or any online music (pay) site?

Yes, I Scream does I Tunes. I'll find out when and let you know.

Lucabrasi - 11-21-2007 at 05:33 PM

awesome, thanks dude.

DAK - 11-21-2007 at 05:33 PM

Welcome Jeff.

BKT - 11-21-2007 at 05:38 PM

Amazing I can't wait to get this album. Good job bro.

MM.

gavin - 11-21-2007 at 05:46 PM

have not heard but the brusiers are one of my top 10 bands of all time

XHonusWagnerX - 11-21-2007 at 05:47 PM

welcome.. the more the merrier!

newbreedbrian - 11-21-2007 at 05:56 PM

the songs you posted from the album sound great man. welcome to the board. i was also pretty into the bruisers, got to see you guys at the elvis room years ago.

tireironsaint - 11-21-2007 at 06:20 PM

Good to see you here Jeff, I'm anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy.

MrBV, check this stuff out, I know you'll dig it.

gavin - 11-21-2007 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Good to see you here Jeff, I'm anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy.

MrBV, check this stuff out, I know you'll dig it.

yeah i keep meaning to and then get distractred by something or other
tonight i will for sure

jeffandtaxes - 11-21-2007 at 06:57 PM

Thanks guys. Just talked to I Scream, the I Tunes deal is different for Europe versus the USA. European I Tunes users will probably be able to download before Dec 11th. In the States the deal with I Tunes goes through our distro, Koch in NYC and they respect the release date of Dec. 11th so that's when it will be available here.

Personally I don't own an ipod, so I don't know what that all entails. What do I know, I'm a guitarist who still has a record player.

Mark Lind - 11-21-2007 at 07:04 PM

I have just a general question. Do you use one of these to wash your asshole when showering?

jeffandtaxes - 11-21-2007 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
I have just a general question. Do you use one of these to wash your asshole when showering?

No, I have one of these rolled up to get in the crevices.

DAK - 11-21-2007 at 07:13 PM

:PYes
I think Jeff fits in just fine here.

Lucabrasi - 11-21-2007 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffandtaxes
Thanks guys. Just talked to I Scream, the I Tunes deal is different for Europe versus the USA. European I Tunes users will probably be able to download before Dec 11th. In the States the deal with I Tunes goes through our distro, Koch in NYC and they respect the release date of Dec. 11th so that's when it will be available here.

Personally I don't own an ipod, so I don't know what that all entails. What do I know, I'm a guitarist who still has a record player.

I dont have an ipod either but I hate waiting for albums in the mail. I like being able to download it right to my pc and put it on a cd. However I also have a record player so will this be out on vinyl?

jeffandtaxes - 11-21-2007 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I dont have an ipod either but I hate waiting for albums in the mail. I like being able to download it right to my pc and put it on a cd. However I also have a record player so will this be out on vinyl?

Not yet, but that would definately be something I will want to do depending on how cd sales go. I like cd's, they're convenient, but nothing beats a fullsize LP and sleeve.

Lucabrasi - 11-21-2007 at 07:57 PM

"nothing beats a fullsize LP and sleeve." I agree %100

Discipline - 11-21-2007 at 08:11 PM

Quote:

forsaken - 11-22-2007 at 06:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:

holy shit thats a fuckin burn and a half right there!!!

wooooooooooooooo

Spoiler - 11-22-2007 at 09:13 AM

welcome to the board bro...I really dig the songs on your page...looking forward to the album.

upyerbum - 11-22-2007 at 09:24 AM

I come for the bands I stay for the humour. Good to have another Jeff on board. Just out of curiousity, were you born in the early 70's?

jeffandtaxes - 11-22-2007 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
I come for the bands I stay for the humour. Good to have another Jeff on board. Just out of curiousity, were you born in the early 70's?

JawnDiablo - 11-22-2007 at 11:12 AM

Welcome to the boards Jeff.
I dig yer band too.
and the Bruisers are still a fave of mine.
maybe you'll be through Philly at some point....I might leave my apartment.

Mark Lind - 11-22-2007 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA. Awesome. Just perfect. I gotta post this over on the other board for them to see.

Barnesey - 11-28-2007 at 06:35 PM

Quote:

Alot of labels are pressing more vinyl these days. CD sales are in the shitter. You're better off doing a vinyl pressing and include the cd with it.

jeffandtaxes - 11-29-2007 at 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barnesey
Quote:

Alot of labels are pressing more vinyl these days. CD sales are in the shitter. You're better off doing a vinyl pressing and include the cd with it.

That you, Josh?

Barnesey - 11-30-2007 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That you, Josh?

Yeah Jeff. Josh Barnes. Hope all is well with you man.

jeffandtaxes - 11-30-2007 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That you, Josh?

Yeah Jeff. Josh Barnes. Hope all is well with you man.

Hey good, Josh. Been a while. Good to see you're still around too man. Things are great here with the new cd and all, just been busier than a 3 legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond. What's new with you?