2/15 Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
2/18 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
2/19 Portland, OR @ Dante's
2/20 Medford, OR @ Johnny B's
2/21 Oakland, CA @ Maxwells
2/23 Sacramento, CA @ The Distillary
2/24 Hollywood, CA @ Knitting Factory

XHonusWagnerX - 1-6-2008 at 10:27 AM

I cant beleive that Duane Peters is still alive!

tireironsaint - 1-6-2008 at 08:21 PM

Nowhere near me.....:thumbdown:

newbreedbrian - 1-6-2008 at 09:09 PM

you know what....i always wanted to like the us bombs, but they're just not that good. i have a couple of their albums, does nothing for me at all.

morgan - 1-6-2008 at 09:56 PM

Of the 2 I'd rather see Far From Finished.

tireironsaint - 1-6-2008 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
you know what....i always wanted to like the us bombs, but they're just not that good. i have a couple of their albums, does nothing for me at all.
I was like that for a long time. Saw them live and was very impressed which lead me to give them another chance and eventually it just clicked and now I love 'em. I usually don't find it worthwhile to try to develop a taste for a band if they don't strike me right the first time or two, but every once in a while I find that it pays off.
What albums of theirs do you have? I definitely think you have to start off with the right one, or at least I did. You might also check out Die Hunns or Gunfight, I got really into older Hunns albums before I really fell for the Bombs and I know other folks who have gotten into 'em that way too.

newbreedbrian - 1-6-2008 at 11:32 PM

first one i picked up was garibaldi guard, wasn't too big on it but gave em another chance with "the world" and was equally unimpressed. nothing i've heard since has changed my mind or made me want to look any further

chris - 1-7-2008 at 04:22 PM

I like Garabaldi Gaurd alot, but My favorites are probably warbirth and never mind the open minds.

Mark Lind - 1-7-2008 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chris
I like Garabaldi Gaurd alot, but My favorites are probably warbirth and never mind the open minds.

same here

tireironsaint - 1-7-2008 at 07:22 PM

Warbirth was definitely a turning point for me too. I think that's still my favorite out of all of their stuff.

crazyfists28 - 1-7-2008 at 08:02 PM

terd bombs

tireironsaint - 1-7-2008 at 08:43 PM

According to the Bombs' myspace there's a bunch more dates on this tour than what's listed here, including one in Albuquerque that I may try to hit. It's on a monday night and I don't really care about the support bands on that show (The Johns and Orange), but the Bombs put on an amazing show.

tireironsaint - 1-21-2008 at 08:13 PM

So, here I am in my hotel room in Albuquerque to see this show tonight. I've revised my opinion of The Johns, the stuff on their myspace is really good and I honestly have no idea what I had in my head as far as their sound when I made that last post. Anyways, I'll update later to tell everybody how the show went!
I'm really lookin' forward to a good show and I certainly need it. I've been burnt out at work lately and desperately needed to get the fuck outta town. It's nice bein' down here where it's a hell of a lot warmer too. I needed to get far away from the land of ice and snow before I shoved an icicle through someone's eye socket.

tireironsaint - 1-22-2008 at 04:33 AM

Damn, that was a great show. Orange are fucking terrible though. The Bombs were just as great as expected, but I'm really hyped on The Johns now. Fucking phenomenal band and very nice guys. I talked to Tommy, their singer for a bit and he was very cool. Apparently they are all members or ex-members of other bands. The seven inch says "members of Die Hunns, The Pushers, The Grabbers, The Bleeders, The Crowd, and ADZ. I know that the guitarist, Rob Milucky is from Die Hunns, but I dunno who else is from what bands. Anyway, they played great Punk Rock N Roll type stuff for those into that. I know they're hitting Dallas on Wednesday and Austin on Thursday, but I dunno where else after that. I definitely recommend checkin' 'em out if you get the chance though.