Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Honus

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 10:51 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLAPSHOT-IGNITE-Split-RARE-Green-Tour-7-...

...And in your collection, you have the green bulldog hood. I have the white one. And I have a shirt that has a hockey player on the front and his shirt says 'boston, where the men are men and the meat is red'.

I have the 7" listed above and also a firewalker 7". I think thats it on vinyl. I dont really have much else claim to fame. I just feel like talking about slapshot this morning.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-26-2007 at 10:55 AM

Whats on the back of your 'Men are men & the meat is red' shirt? Is it a white shirt? I love that shirt and have been looking for a RED shirt with that on it for awhile. I have an old one with the Taang! logo on the back that I LOVE. Its to small for me now, but I remember buying it years ago!

I was watching that Slapshot/Ignite split, but I hate ordering from Europe if I can avoide it. I have a test press of that 7" but I dont actally have ANY of the regular versions. I will get them eventually!

PS: Im always up for talking about Slapshot!

XHonusWagnerX - 2-26-2007 at 10:59 AM

Here is the list of Slapshot (and related) stuff that I still need. Some is rare and some is common stuff that I just havent gotten around to picking up yet or havent found at a price I want to pay yet.

Last Rights: 10? - 2 acetates only. 4 songs. (X-Claim)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - test press [of 2] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - black vinyl w/ photo sleeve 2 [of 150] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - black vinyl w/ photo sleeve 3 [of 150] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - black vinyl w/ photo sleeve 4 [of 150] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - black vinyl w/ photo sleeve 5 [of 150] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - black vinyl w/ photo sleeve 6 [of 150] (Taang!)
Last Rights: Chunks 7" - test press (God Is The Devil)
Last Rights: Any T-shirts or merch (original or bootleg)

Negative FX: Negative FX LP - test press (Taang!)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP - black vinyl [of 3000] (Taang!)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP - yellow vinyl [aprox. 500] (Taang!)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP ? "Helter Skelter" red vinyl [aprox. 500] (Taang!)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP ? "Buse" blue vinyl [aprox. 500] (Taang!)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP - test press (Fundamental UK)
Negative FX: Negative FX LP ? black vinyl(Fundamental UK)
Negative FX: Negative FX Discography LP - black vinyl [of 800] (Reflex)

Slapshot: Back on the Map LP ? black vinyl w/ yellow labels (Taang!)
Slapshot: Back on the Map LP ? black vinyl w/ red labels (Taang!)
Slapshot: Back on the Map LP ? black vinyl w/ silver labels (Taang!)
Slapshot: Back on the Map LP ? black vinyl w/ white labels (Taang!)
Slapshot: Back on the Map CD (Taang!)
Slapshot: Back on the Map Cassette (Taang!)
Slapshot: Same Mistake 7? ? black wax first press (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It LP - test press of black vinyl version (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It LP ? first press black vinyl (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It LP - red vinyl (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It Cassette - black shell (Taang!)[may not exist]
Slapshot: Step on It Cassette - red shell (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It Cassette - green shell (Taang!)
Slapshot: Step on It Cassette - Polish release (????)
Slapshot: Sudden Death Overtime LP ? test prsss (Taang!/Roadrunner)
Slapshot: Sudden Death Overtime LP ? black vinyl (Taang!/Roadrunner)
Slapshot: Sudden Death Overtime CD ? (Taang!/Roadrunner)
Slapshot: Sudden Death Overtime Cassette (Taang!)
Slapshot: Blast Furnace Cassette (We Bite)
Slapshot: Live at SO36 Cassette (We Bite)
Slapshot: Unconsciousness LP ? test press (We Bite)
Slapshot: Unconsciousness Cassette (We Bite)
Slapshot: Back to Back - 7" v/a comp test press (Lost & Found) [may not exist]
Slapshot: Various Artists Zine 7" comp - test press (5 band Euro comp) [may not exist]
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? blue vinyl (Lost & Found)
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? green vinyl (Lost & Found)
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? red vinyl (Lost and Found)
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? black vinyl (Lost and Found)
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? white vinyl (Lost and Found)
Slapshot: Ignite tour split 7? ? yellow vinyl (Lost and Found)
Slapshot: 16 Valve Hate LP ? (Lost & Found) [may not exist]
Slapshot: 16 Valve Hate LP ? test press (Lost & Found) [may not exist]
Slapshot: 16 Valve Hate ? pick up truck artwork w/ 2 extra tracks (Taang!)
Slapshot: Olde Tyme Hardcore CD ? jewel case (Century Media)
Slapshot: Olde Tyme Hardcore ? 10 track version (Taang!)
Slapshot: Olde Tyme Hardcore LP ? test press (Century Media)
Slapshot: Olde Tyme Hardcore/16 Valve Hate ? acetates only (Taang!)
Slapshot: Life Sentence Soundtrack CD - comp that came with comic book. 4 Live Slapshot songs + 4 other bands (Ratmonkey Records)
Slapshot: Digital Warfare LP ? test press (Bridge 9) *Rejected version
Slapshot: Digital Warfare LP ? test press of picture disc (Knockout) [may not exist]

Stars & Stripes: Shaved for Battle LP - test press (Patriot)
Stars & Stripes: Drop the Bomb 7" - test press foil sleeve (Vulture Rock)
Stars & Stripes: Drop the Bomb 7" ? black vinyl foil sleeve (Vulture Rock)
Stars & Stripes: Drop the Bomb 7" - blue vinyl full color cover (Vulture Rock sleeve/Steve Priest labels)
Stars & Stripes: Drop the Bomb 7" - test press (knock out records)
Stars & Stripes: Drop the Bomb 7" ? black vinyl (knock out records)
Stars & Stripes: Shaved for Battle 7" - test press (Gang Riot)
Stars & Stripes: Shaved for Battle LP ? black vinyl (Taang!)
Stars & Stripes: Shaved for Battle CD ? marked as Patriot Records (Bootleg)

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 11:01 AM

The back of the hockey player shirt is the large
SLAP
SHOT
with a hockey mask imposing itself over the letters from the right hand side. It is a white shirt. I dont remember ever seeing it in red.

Whats your favorite album, why?

Me: sudden death overtime.
I heard it at a party in the early ninties and loved it. Asked who it was. Went to the mall the next day and ordered that and back on the map on cassette.

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 11:03 AM

I have a few of those things you are looking for. In fact, I'll send you the step on it, green cassette, but I lost the cover many years ago.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-26-2007 at 11:12 AM

Ahh okay... I dont actually have that version of the 'Meat is Red' shirt, but I know which one it is. Thats a newer version that Taang! reprinted a few years ago. The red shirt version is actually really old. I think its even older than the one that I have.

My favorite LP is probably Sudden Death Overtime also. Step On It is probably a close second, but I do love S.D.O. Part of it is that it was the first one that I ever owned. I had heard Step On It, but didnt buy it until after I got S.D.O. I also love the song Transmission!

I remember when that record came out. My parents owned a small record store and we got in a promo package of cassettes from Taang! that had cassettes of Sudden Death Overtime, Devils Night Out (the Bosstones) and Step One (the Maelstrom record) because they all came out around the same time and I was actually really into all three of them. Sadly the Maelstrom record doesnt stand up quite as well 15 years later... haha!

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 11:18 AM

say goodbye and whats at stake are my personal favorites on that album. The white rabbit cover is nothing to overlook either.

I've never even heard the maelstrom music. But how freaken cool to get a package from taang that has bosstones and slapshot. Who knew the kind of monster they were creating at that point.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-26-2007 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
say goodbye and whats at stake are my personal favorites on that album. The white rabbit cover is nothing to overlook either.

I've never even heard the maelstrom music. But how freaken cool to get a package from taang that has bosstones and slapshot. Who knew the kind of monster they were creating at that point.

Maelstrom was weird.... I think you either loved them or hated them (and most people hated them). They were like Taang!s version of 24/7 Spyz I think. Kind of funky but still hardcore somehow. 2 of them looked like Vanilla Ice and one was an asain heavy metal looking guy with long hair. a weird band!!

That would be rad if you really dont want that cassette!

Have you ever seen them live?
Are there any records that you really dont like?

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 11:42 AM

Sure man, I'll send it to you. I have it on disc and I think you'll get far more use our of it than I will. Keep in mind though, it is just the green cassette no cover.

I've never seen them live. Played about two hours from me, about three years ago. I opted not to go, would wait for them to play closer. Well, you see how that worked out for me. I know a local venue is in touch with them trying to get them to play. Hopefully that pulls thru. We'll see.

Wasnt a real big fan of the albums on 'we bite'. Not sure why. Unconsiousness was pretty good, but it didnt grab me right away. Blast Furnace is my least favorite. I liked what they did with another mistake, but overall wasnt feeling it.

Your favorite show that you worked?

Any albums you dont care for?

XHonusWagnerX - 2-26-2007 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Sure man, I'll send it to you. I have it on disc and I think you'll get far more use our of it than I will. Keep in mind though, it is just the green cassette no cover.

I've never seen them live. Played about two hours from me, about three years ago. I opted not to go, would wait for them to play closer. Well, you see how that worked out for me. I know a local venue is in touch with them trying to get them to play. Hopefully that pulls thru. We'll see.

Wasnt a real big fan of the albums on 'we bite'. Not sure why. Unconsiousness was pretty good, but it didnt grab me right away. Blast Furnace is my least favorite. I liked what they did with another mistake, but overall wasnt feeling it.

Your favorite show that you worked?

Any albums you dont care for?

Where do you live and where was the show that you didnt go to?

My favorite show that I worked with them.... thats tough! It was probably in Germany. It was SLAPSHOT, BLOOD FOR BLOOD and the BLUE BLOODS at SO36 in Berlin. Just being in Berlin was pretty awesome... then the fact that it was at such a famous club was cool and the show overall was just awesome. I think that was the only show of the tour that I stage dove (during BFB) because I was so into it!

There was a couple of shows on the SICK OF IT ALL, 7 SECONDS, SLAPSHOT, UNEARTH, WALLS OF JERICHO & THE BONES tour that were awesome too. The one in Hamburg Germany was really good and I totally went off during SOIA at that show. I dont usually 'dance' or get into it to much anymore becuase Im old, fat and out of shape, but if the mood really strikes me that means it was a damn good show!

Unconsciousness is actually my least favorite record. I just think its pretty blahh! There are some songs on Blast Furnace that I actually like. I dont really consider them Slapshot songs because those few years (and 3 records) are like 'the dark years' Its kind of funny because even though Mark McKay is only the drummer and Choke really writes like 90% of the music..... Mark was in the band from the start then left after Sudden Death Overtime and he came back for 16 valve Hate and has been on everything since then. So the only 3 things he didnt play on were Blast Furnace, Unconsciouness and Live at SO36 (the three bad records!). Kind of an odd conincidence!

MyOwnWay - 2-26-2007 at 12:03 PM

I live in central PA. I think the show was in willkes barre or scranton.

Did they ever formerly record the song 'freezer burn'? It appearded on live at SO36.

Both of us being fans of the band. What was your take on the Fuck NY song, and the "backlash" that hit them afterwards?

(I dont know why we never talked about this shit before, most of my friends arent huge fans, so this is nice man)