Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quality labels for old style metalcore?
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-15-2013 at 01:51 AM
Quality labels for old style metalcore?

Friends were gonna put out their debut on a label recently revived from the dead but it doesn't seem to be working to well with the new label owner.

http://americanhell.bandcamp.com/

Any thoughts on labels they would fit with to approach for the release? They have a show at the end of the month with Sworn Enemy at Hard Luck in Toronto and another show with Stick To Your Guns. I can't think of any current labels that they fit with because I'm so out of touch but I wanna help them out however I can.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Vanilla Gorilla
Posting Freak

Mood: Yellow Stitches

[*] posted on 9-16-2013 at 12:12 AM

no such thing as good metalcore

Well I've got a feeling I'm gonna get mine in. Retribution let the games begin.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-16-2013 at 07:07 PM

North Carolina was a hotbed of amazing metalcore for a long while in the early 00's :D

This isn't as metal as that old stuff but there's definitely great metalcore out there.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-17-2013 at 12:14 PM

Deathwish might be a place to start.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’

Go To Top