Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beantown Boozehound Bandit?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-20-2013 at 10:46 AM
Beantown Boozehound Bandit?

http://blogs.lowellsun.com/policeline/2013/09/16/same-guy-yo...

Same guy? You decide!
Posted by Police Line on September 16th, 2013

I already blogged about a bank robbery in Billerica on Saturday that led police to release a surveillance photo of a suspect who is being sought.

Shortly after I posted that blog entry, about 4:30 p.m., a man passed a note to a teller and robbed TD Bank at 1255 Bridge Street in Dracut, just over the Lowell line.

The photo below on the left is from the Billerica heist. The photo on the right is from Dracut.

Thinks these robberies are connected?

Police can’t work on assumptions, so despite the similar appearance they are still investigating whether this was the same man. Police have to work with probable cause, evidence, and certainty, unlike the rest of us.

Dracut Deputy Police Chief David Chartrand tells me the suspect in the robbery in Dracut passed a note to a teller and escaped with a bag of cash that contained a dye pack.

“The dye pack exploded in the parking lot so the suspect should have red dye on his person and clothing,” Chartrand said.
The suspect in Dracut wore a pair of gloves that were found discarded just outside the bank.

A Billerica Police bloodhound was called in to track the scent from the bank and the gloves, and it tracked that sent up Emerson Avenue and over a hill to a nearby street where the scent trail suddenly ended, leading police to believe the suspect may have had a vehicle waiting for him.

Chartrand pointed out the hoodie worn by the suspect in the Dracut robbery, because it has a distinctive logo on the front that says “Beantown Boozehounds.”

I’m friends with a lot of people who like that band, and it stinks for the band because the fans that I know are great people. Neither the band nor its fans deserve to be associated with this.

The hoodie might be good for police, though, because it’s a local punk band that doesn’t have the world’s biggest following, and it’s a fairly distinctive piece of clothing.

In the Billerica heist, someone spotted a gray Chevrolet Impala or Malibu near the bank at the time of the robbery. It’s not a definite that the gray car was involved, but Billerica Police are searching for the car and it’s driver so they can ask some questions.

If anyone has information on either of these robberies, or if you believe you recognize the person in the photographs, please call Billerica Police at 978.670.1911, or Dracut Police at 978.957.2313.
You can also submit information to Billerica Police anonymously by using this link.

This particular TD Bank branch in Dracut has been robbed at least five times in the last five years, and that’s just in the instances where I was able to find stories in our archives. I believe there have actually been even more robberies there.

I’m not sure why. Sometimes banks close to highway onramps are targeted because of the ability to make a fast escape to the highway, but this bank is a very long way from any type of highway.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
ChadBeantown

[*] posted on 9-24-2013 at 08:54 AM

This is just to promote our upcoming show at the Middle East on October 12th!!

Johnny_Whistle

Mood: the voices

[*] posted on 9-24-2013 at 02:57 PM

Because Kickstarter is so 2012...

http://www.facebook.com/johncurtinmusic

"Making people laugh is the lowest form of comedy"
-Michael O'Donnohue

Go To Top