Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lemmy...........
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 02:28 PM
Lemmy...........

..............I love ya buddy, but enough's enough.

Anyone that wants to see the man die on stage is a dick.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-5-2015 at 07:01 PM

Yeah, after the life he's led, he's lucky to still be alive. He should stop touring so much and just do the occasional show here and there. Stick to the big festivals and shit like that.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 9-8-2015 at 03:02 PM

Problem is, from what I gather, Lemmy is like the guy that retires at 65/70 (whenever) and after a few months of enjoying their new-found freedom, they begin to grow weary of it. That feeling grows and grows until they ultimately regret retiring and begin feeling useless. Then a year or two later, you hear that they have died. That is Lemmy. While the lifestyle is killing him, no doubt about it, you take it away from him? He might end up going out even more quickly. It is all he knows - it's all he has ever known. It IS him. It's what has allowed him to survive nearly 70 years of a ton of self-abuse. He is just not an "at home" guy. I think he has even made the comment that he would rather die while on the road.

Motorhead are, and have been for many years now, my favorite band of all time, but I would NEVER EVER tell Lemmy "man, you just can not go on the road anymore". He would not make it a year is my bet. Unfortunately, the way things are going? He might not anyway.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-9-2015 at 11:04 AM

In one of the Motorhead videos I bought on VHS a million years back, Lemmy talked about being in a band. His theory was that if you're going to be in a band, get your ass out on the road. If you don't want to tour, get a real job and give up playing music.

About ten years ago I was watching a WWE show, and the legendary Terry Funk was wrestling in a rather nasty hardcore match. The whole time I found myself thinking "please retire Terry, I don't want to see you die in the ring.". I feel the same way about Lemmy, I don't to see him collapse and die on stage.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-9-2015 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle  
Problem is, from what I gather, Lemmy is like the guy that retires at 65/70 (whenever) and after a few months of enjoying their new-found freedom, they begin to grow weary of it. That feeling grows and grows until they ultimately regret retiring and begin feeling useless. Then a year or two later, you hear that they have died. That is Lemmy. While the lifestyle is killing him, no doubt about it, you take it away from him? He might end up going out even more quickly. It is all he knows - it's all he has ever known. It IS him. It's what has allowed him to survive nearly 70 years of a ton of self-abuse. He is just not an "at home" guy. I think he has even made the comment that he would rather die while on the road.

Motorhead are, and have been for many years now, my favorite band of all time, but I would NEVER EVER tell Lemmy "man, you just can not go on the road anymore". He would not make it a year is my bet. Unfortunately, the way things are going? He might not anyway.

I get that.
Actually described my dad to a T.
I'm just saying that watching the man try to push thru a final set, gasp and fall over dead isn't something I'd ever want to see or read about, but chances are I probably will sooner or later.

Go To Top