Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Genitorturers
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-9-2015 at 09:07 PM
Genitorturers

Going to see them tomorrow

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 11:09 PM

I saw them a few times over the years. It was always fun, I dig their music and the stage show was pretty crazy at times.

There was another band named Rockbitch that took that kind of show to the next level. I was going to go see them but those Canadian shows weren't allowed to happen. Pissed me off because after reading about the band I wanted to see them and find out if it was the real deal.

http://www.rockbitch.com/html/Home.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockbitch

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
SS76
Posting Freak

Mood: RAMALLAH

[*] posted on 10-13-2015 at 01:35 AM

I knew someone here had to have seen them...this was my second Genitorturers show. It was just as insane as the first.

Silence is golden but violence is platinum.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 10-14-2015 at 10:03 AM

Initially I went to see them because I heard their show was crazy. I hadn't heard any of their music until I saw them play. Thankfully, the music was good too. I can't say the same for GWAR. Saw them twice, thought the music was fucking terrible, but the show made up for it in spades.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
lifeisabitch
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-16-2015 at 11:43 AM

I worked a show with them in 99ish, nice people, made out with one of the roadie girls, but golly their guitar player was super racist, said crazy shit... but I don't hold it against the band... need more bands with rad live shows

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 10-17-2015 at 06:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lifeisabitch  
I worked a show with them in 99ish, nice people, made out with one of the roadie girls, but golly their guitar player was super racist, said crazy shit... but I don't hold it against the band... need more bands with rad live shows
That wasn't David Vincent (from Morbid Angel) was it? He was actually their bassist but he's a bit of a nut. He's also Gen's husband (as far as I know, they are still married).

I personally do NOT dig their music. It's not horrible, but I would actually say I feel the opposite of a post above (about Gwar).....I think GWAR are ten times as good as the Genitorturers. (Well, WERE prior to Dave dying, that is).

I don't know...I just can't get into the GT's.

Go To Top