Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What record in your collection are you most proud of?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 06:31 PM
What record in your collection are you most proud of?

It seems like a while since we've discussed vinyl, so I thought I'd bring it back... If you collect records, which are you most proud of? Doesn't have to be the best recording, or the most limited edition, but just the one that makes you happiest.

Hit me!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
norom

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 06:34 PM

I love Bane

I have one more that isnt in that picture. That's not the complete collection, but it's pretty close.
mary

Mood: HARDCORE!!!

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 07:07 PM

i love my BFB- Outlaw Anthems picture lp, therere no lyrics with it, but comments on teh lyrics by rob
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 07:13 PM

oh thats going to be a tough one.

have to get back to you on that one

LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 07:16 PM

That is an easy one, Bloodlet

I am still missing one 7". I am not down with multiple copies though because I don't make much. If I had the money though I bet I would.

Too no digital camera, no picture
Mikey216

Mood: Human Demise

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 08:15 PM

My Isis stuff.

Cross me again and we\'ll see... you\'ll be the one to fucking pay!
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 12:09 AM

Hmm, that's tough. I gave up on the whole "collector" thing a while back, I'm much more concerned with getting the songs I want from the bands I want than I am with the format now. I still enjoy getting cool looking vinyl or awesome packaging, but no longer will I shell out the big bucks for the ultra rare version of a record I already have or pass up CDs to wait six months for the vinyl to come out. I do have some pretty choice old records though, most of the ones I'm really proud of are on that list because I snagged an incredible deal on them or something though. For example, I found a mint copy of Get It Away from a little band called SSDecontrol in the bargain bin for $4.99. I have a few stories like that. I got a bit out of control when I first got into SxE, I was shelling out cash for everything I could get ahold of back then. I'm really glad there was no such thing as eBay back in 1989. I was lucky in that the largest record convention in the US came through Austin every year though. I picked up some crazy shit there, I still have an old Crippled Youth 7 inch I spent way too much money on from the convention one year.

Veritas odium parit
brooklyn

Mood: HC & streetpunkrock

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 06:48 AM

Cro Mags - age of quarrel
Killing Time - brightside

T.C.O.B.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 10:25 AM

This is an easy one for me. And the answer has nothing to do with any of that original Misfits or early Rev. stuff.

You see, I'm a huge fan of TAD, and one nice thing about that band is that almost everything they ever put out is very available at a very reasonable price. What can I say, I guess I'm the only huge TAD fan. Anway, about six years after it was released, I found out TAD did a 7" for Pushead's Pusmort Fan Club Series. All that Pusmort shit is hard to come by, but thanks to ebay... I am now the proud owner of one of 160 bronze sleeve, bronze ink, glow in the dark acetate overlay, TAD Lycanthrope 7"s signed by Pushead. Honestly, the limited pressing isn't that big of a deal. What's nice is the tremendous detail of the packaging, and the fact that the band rerecorded much heavier versions of both songs for the record (Lycanthrope & Just Bought the Farm).

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 11:35 AM

I have an origional Maytals 45 recorded and pressed in Jamaica in 1964. I also have an origional Desmond Dekker Isrialites LP. Other than that i'm pretty proud of our first 7".
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jonnynewbreed
Other than that i'm pretty proud of our first 7".

heh i have two different test pressings of our first 7"

:P

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 02:35 PM

I think the two that I have that I love the most are DOA's Hardcore 81 and Sheer Terror's "Fuck Maze" picture disc.

Jeff trhe Greek

Mood: The Tossers

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 03:25 PM

My Chelsea 7", Right to Work/Loner
It's the album I have left from my "original"
collection.

Don\'t blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Dave
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-19-2004 at 03:30 PM

for 7"s these are my favorite 3.

LP's to follow......

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 11-20-2004 at 02:22 PM

Sick Boys - 2 man conga line
TSOL/Slayer 7"
US Bombs - Outsider 10"
Haymaker - Fuck America 7"

Best
Blood For Blood - Spit My Last Breath LP

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
ScottJ

Mood: Death Threat

[*] posted on 11-20-2004 at 02:28 PM

I am slowly collecting all the Judge stuff... I still need a 2nd press of NY Crew (schism), a couple of the Rev press, 1 other pressing of bringing it down and a Chung King (a man can dream).

Pretty happy about having both pressings of the 2 Burn EP's, Self Tiotled and Last Great Sea.

newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-21-2004 at 12:56 AM

good luck on that chung king, last i saw it go for was like 1400 over a year ago. yikes
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-21-2004 at 10:03 PM

No joke a week or two ago I bought a judge - vivo en wnyu. I believe it was a mexican bootleg or something along that sorts liek the revelation can suck it 10" bootleg of chung king, but I got it for super cheap

I guess I'll list off some of my favorite finds though:

Acme - Demo 7"

Adamantium - ...tradition 7"

Overcast - begging for indifference 7" limited boston devilcore edition #327/666

Bloodlet - live at cbgbs 7" red

Government Issue - Crash 12" Clear (missing insert)

Zao/Through and Through - treadwater split 7" red only 500 pressed I believe

Burn - Live at CBGB's 7" Smokey Grey

A bunch of revelation shit including judge, inside, quicksand and etc. I have a bunch more but I don't feel the need to type it out.

I don't buy a lot of vinyl but I am pretty proud of my collection as little as it is. I love my vinyl.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 11-22-2004 at 12:23 AM

ive actually never heard chung king, bootleg or not. how is it? i did a quick scan for some of my favorites. my collecting has been out of hand for a long time. ive settled down over the past couple years thankfully. out of 7"s heres a few of my favs:

DAG NASTY - 85-86 4x7"
what can i say (pun definately intended), early dn stuff has been awesome since the moment i heard it. i was really into the first album so it was a real treat to hear this stuff.

ASEXUALS - Featuring the Asexuals
the first 7". took me a LONG time to track this one down, and i got a good deal on it to boot. despite the crud they turned into, early asexuals still kicks.

GENETIC CONTROL - First Impressions
more great early hardcore from montreal. dont see this pop up too often

NEGATIVE APPROACH - EP
this shouldnt need any introduction to anyone. if so, youre on the wrong board hippy. absolute fucking classic, harder than all the metalcore garbage being called hardcore today.

HUSKER DU - Amusement/Statues
yeah yeah, i know you're too hardcore to like husker du. fuck you...one of the best bands ever, including their later stuff

STAINS - John Wayne was a Nazi
man, first time i heard this i was 14. still as good as i remember. they of course changed their name to MDC

MIDDLE CLASS - Out of Vogue
never heard of em? you should. first hardcore record ever from 1978. holy shit this is fast for when it came out. a great record all around.

COCK SPARRER - Runnin Riot
Blows every punk record that came out in 77 out of the water. one of my favorite songs of all time from one of my favorite bands. so fucking great

great topic duane, i just finished listenin to em all. alot of stuff i hadnt heard in forever.

Go To Top