Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Conservative hardocore people
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 12:53 PM
Conservative hardocore people

It seeems like there are alot of conservative hardcore people on my space... i never thought of hardcore as conservative at all.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 01:02 PM

conservative in what way?

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 01:22 PM

Conservative can definately mean many different things to many different people. My mother and stepfather vote Republican even though I dont consider them to be conservative in any way other than maybe the fact that my stepfather owns guns. Other than that, my parents are sorta hippyish. I guess for party affiliation they'd actually be more Libertarian because I think they believe in small government, but progressive social changes and open minds.

As for hardcore, my first reaction is to say that lots of straight edgers would be considered more conservative in terms of values, but I dont even know if that's true. I know that people who think that Prohibition should be brought back are complete idiots and I consider them to be "conservative".

Also, I dont think that hardcore was ever a Liberal vs. Conservative thing. My take on it is that it was more anti-establishment. I could be completely wrong of course, but things change.

Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 03:42 PM

Yeah but it seems like some of these people seem like southern "good ol boys" they have (in my opinion) fake values like "family values"(i.e. they believe in family but how can a single mother even raise a family if she doesnt get the support she needs). Anywho it just pisses me off they these people use words like integrity of say things like "you need to take a stand on issues" when they dont have or do either.
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 04:13 PM

"family values" is a huge catch phrase that gets thrown around alot. What the hell does it really mean? And what is a family anyway? A problem is only a problem if you define it a certain way. A family can be a group of friends, a grandmother and grandfather, aunt and uncle, etc. Not just mother, father, sister, brother, etc. It's a reality today that people get divorced, and it's always been a reality. It's just that people chose to ignore it or hide it. Now we're facing it and it's blowing people's minds even though it's nothing new.

As for "taking a stand on an issue", it's good to have an opinion, but unlike our President it's even better to be willing to say you were wrong about something and change your mind. I usually dont take a stand on an issue until I know a bit of information first.

Big Ugly

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
Yeah but it seems like some of these people seem like southern "good ol boys" they have (in my opinion) fake values like "family values"(i.e. they believe in family but how can a single mother even raise a family if she doesnt get the support she needs). Anywho it just pisses me off they these people use words like integrity of say things like "you need to take a stand on issues" when they dont have or do either.

Not that I agree or disagree, nor do I want to sound like an asshole, but when it comes to the whole single mother issue I'm not really sure it's society's place to provide suppoet. The taxpayers didn't impregnate the person, why should they have to pay child support. That's the one type of issue where you might find me, as well as others, to be a bit more conservative.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 04:45 PM

i don't really get all of this
where does being conservative/liberal have a hand in hardcore?

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 04:53 PM

I think this discussion has morphed into something that's not really about hardcore.

As for the single mother thing... yeah, nobody told that person to get pregnant, but the child is an innocent victim in that situation. There's no reason to punish the child by not helping them when there's really no reason NOT to.

Go To Top