Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: the bruisers
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 04:33 PM
the bruisers

the live and rare cd put out by TKO. I got it and it sucks. Sorry, but had to say it. Maybe they have much better stuff out and i want to hear it but this cd is pretty damn weak. Like a highschool band rehearsing in the garage.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
chris

Mood: sixer - busted knuckles and heart breaks

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 04:43 PM

eh, its just rarietes and demo version of songs, its cool for what it is but its also the absolute last thing anyone should buy by them. I can't recommend Cruisin for a Bruisin and up in flames enough. Is there still a cd out there like anything you want its all right here? That was a great collection of all of the earlier stuff in one place. I even like the post Jeff stuff; still standing up and molotov alot.

http://www.thescars.net

http://www.myspace.com/scarsboston

New Scars Record coming March 4th \'08
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 05:03 PM

Bruisers are a mainstay in my favorites, however such collections often yield material nobody needs to hear, otherwise it woulda been out before.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 05:06 PM

yea cruisin for a bruisin is flat out great. molotov and still standing up are equally as great. i would have loved to hear another full album after the ep but it wasn't meant to be i guess.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 06:07 PM

All the records you want are out on Taang. "Better Days", "Crusuin for a Bruisin" and whatever they are calling the CD with the "Independence Day/American Night" sessions on it.

The CD you got from TKO is really intended for people that have everything else and absolutely NEED more.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 06:50 PM

I just got the 'Lost and Found Years' double CD for $8.00 :bigsmile:

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX

They won't receive a dime from that. On the Bruisers website that cd is mentioned as being a bootleg put out by Lost & Found without the band's permission. They encourage people to not buy it.

For the record, the Bruisers are one of the top 3 American oi bands ever.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:

They won't receive a dime from that. On the Bruisers website that cd is mentioned as being a bootleg put out by Lost & Found without the band's permission. They encourage people to not buy it.

For the record, the Bruisers are one of the top 3 American oi bands ever.

damn... I didnt mean to screw the band. :(

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 07:55 PM

Not what I was implying.:lol:

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 09:24 PM

Fucking GREAT band. That album is really only meant for the collectors who want another piece of the band, as everybody else has already said, but don't judge them just based on that album, it's the absolute worst representation of their sound for someone unfamiliar with them. Check out The Authorized Bruisers, Anything You Want, It's All Right Here for a top notch spread of their stuff from the early days till the later era. That's the CD I would recommend to anyone who might wanna check them out for the first time and is probably the one I listen to the most.

On the Lost & Found tip, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that almost everything that label put out was bootleg shit that the bands never got anything from.

Veritas odium parit
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 2-6-2008 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint

On the Lost & Found tip, I thought it was fairly common knowledge that almost everything that label put out was bootleg shit that the bands never got anything from.

Yah I guess I kind of knew that, but didnt think of it when I bought the CD. I did buy it used if that helps my case at all.

There are also some other lables that are just as shitty about paying bands even though they dont put out 'bootlegs'. I wont mention any names... *cough cough Taang! *cough cough Victory ;)

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 2-7-2008 at 01:15 AM

I don't think anyone's jumping on you for happily ripping off The Bruisers, Honus. I know I've been guilty of buying CDs that I knew were not going to the bands just because I wanted everything they recorded. I did that with Sheer Terror's Ugly & Proud even though I had a couple copies of their "official version" of that album already just because I wanted the one or two songs that were on Ugly & Proud and nothing else.

I've heard tons of shady stuff about Taang too and let's not even get back on the topic of Victory.

Veritas odium parit
jeffandtaxes

Mood: My dog barking at the neighbors dog

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 05:09 PM

Hey I don't like adding much to threads on the Bruisers because everyone's opinion is their own. I agree that the Live and Rare cd is definately not for the casual fan, it's for people who like outtakes, alternate versions and stuff like that. The live stuff is really just a throw in, but as for sounding like a high school band in the garage, I guess you might have a point. The night before we recorded that show we had the guys from Patriot up from NC to record their 1st EP for our label and we were up all night drinking. Ritchie's bass came unplugged several times during that show and sometimes he didn't even notice. It is what it was. No more, no less. We had our moments, but even at our best we weren't what anyone would ever refer to as "tight" live. Beer, shitty gear, no monitors, people knocking over mics, stagediving, you had to be there. No way it could translate to tape. So I guess we were trying to give something to people who WERE there, a soundtrack for those hazy, drunken memories they have of our live shows. That's all. Again, no more, and no less.

Thanks for all the comments.
-Jeff

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 09:43 PM

I have never hear THE BRUISERS stuff at all. I hear of them but never the music. It was my first taste and that cd was not for me. However the other stuff I have it is fucking rad. I just expected it to be up with that stuff.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffandtaxes
We had our moments, but even at our best we weren't what anyone would ever refer to as "tight" live. Beer, shitty gear, no monitors, people knocking over mics, stagediving, you had to be there.

And thats what made it so fucking great.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Hey I don't like adding much to threads on the Bruisers because everyone's opinion is their own. I agree that the Live and Rare cd is definately not for the casual fan, it's for people who like outtakes, alternate versions and stuff like that. The live stuff is really just a throw in, but as for sounding like a high school band in the garage, I guess you might have a point. The night before we recorded that show we had the guys from Patriot up from NC to record their 1st EP for our label and we were up all night drinking. Ritchie's bass came unplugged several times during that show and sometimes he didn't even notice. It is what it was. No more, no less. We had our moments, but even at our best we weren't what anyone would ever refer to as "tight" live. Beer, shitty gear, no monitors, people knocking over mics, stagediving, you had to be there. No way it could translate to tape. So I guess we were trying to give something to people who WERE there, a soundtrack for those hazy, drunken memories they have of our live shows. That's all. Again, no more, and no less.

-Jeff

How did Choke putting out the first 7" come about?

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

jeffandtaxes

Mood: My dog barking at the neighbors dog

[*] posted on 2-13-2008 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:

-Jeff

How did Choke putting out the first 7" come about?

We had already recorded the songs in Portsmouth and made cassettes out of them to give out to friends. I gave one to my friend Dan Connors (who would be our drummer soon after). Dan worked summers in P-Town on the cape where Jack lived with his then wife, Jen. Dan's girlfriend knew Jen, gave her the tape and she played it to Jack. He had already put out the Stars And Stripes LP and the Forced Reality LP and we were the third (and last) on his label.

mattybar

[*] posted on 2-13-2008 at 12:42 PM

i couldn't really get into much other than Cruisin'... which i own the L&F copy of as well.

L&F did indeed fuck over a hell of a lot of bands... i remember they took an Ignite album, then split it into two EPs which they charged album price for on the grounds of them being 'imports'.
I remember when Tower Records in London had more L&F stuff than any other punk/hardcore label.

While I don't condone L&F in any way, without them i wouldn't have heard a whole load of bands.... dmize, crown of thornz, the bruisers, rest in pieces... i could go on and on.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-13-2008 at 01:07 PM

the bruisers are the best american oi band of all time
period

you come at the king....you best not miss
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-13-2008 at 01:13 PM

is "intimidation" one of the greatest songs in the history of ever?
yes
are you gay if you dont like it?
yes
am i cooler than you for having this 7 inch like 500 years ago?
probably

you come at the king....you best not miss
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 2-13-2008 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
the bruisers are the best american oi band of all time
period

For me, they're tied with the Anti-Heroes.

Go To Top