Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 10:50 PM

Fuckin' hilarious, JD.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 11:18 PM

By the way, I'm totally down to represent you in court for plane fare and a place to crash.
I can see it now :
"Are you legally licensed to practice law in this state?"
"No your honor, I'm just an asshole who argues like a bastard on an internet messageboard frequented by the defendant."
"..............I see. Go ahead with your argument."

Veritas odium parit
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-1-2008 at 11:38 PM

Can I second-chair during the proceedings?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:15 AM

better hope that judge isn't an earth crisis fan ;)

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:16 AM

"Has there been a progression of sorts in the sound of Hard Core? I suppose it's safe to say that, but instead of branching out and growing in a healthy way, it's funneled down to where everything out there now sounds like yet another version of the same shit that was pretty fucking boring to begin with. Where there used to be a highly creative and broad range of styles that were all together under one banner because of their attitude, spirit, views, and so on, now we have endless carbon copies of the same shitty metal with lyrics about beating people down for a variety of stupid reasons"

There are many bands that claim hardcore that sound nothing like punk/hardcore/metal bands yet no one will give them the time of the day. It seems like a lot of old and jaded dudes seem to complain the most about how stagnant and mundane hardcore has become yet anything semi-progressive is trashed or given the title of being post-hardcore and most of the revival bands are trashed for being carbon copies of bands from a better time, at least in that persons eyes. I have the utmost respect for the hardcore bands of the 80's and enjoy several of them but bands like Black Flag and Poison Idea play some of really simple, straight forward music.

And I never thought I would say this because I myself have had disagreements with Mr. Moral but I have to side with him on this.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:33 AM

I don't think I'd ever describe Black Flag's music as simple and straight forward.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
By the way, I'm totally down to represent you in court for plane fare and a place to crash.
I can see it now :
"Are you legally licensed to practice law in this state?"
"No your honor, I'm just an asshole who argues like a bastard on an internet messageboard frequented by the defendant."
"..............I see. Go ahead with your argument."

Ypu'd be more than qualified in the courts in this town....trust me
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Can I second-chair during the proceedings?

hell
fuck
yeah
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
"Has there been a progression of sorts in the sound of Hard Core? I suppose it's safe to say that, but instead of branching out and growing in a healthy way, it's funneled down to where everything out there now sounds like yet another version of the same shit that was pretty fucking boring to begin with. Where there used to be a highly creative and broad range of styles that were all together under one banner because of their attitude, spirit, views, and so on, now we have endless carbon copies of the same shitty metal with lyrics about beating people down for a variety of stupid reasons"

There are many bands that claim hardcore that sound nothing like punk/hardcore/metal bands yet no one will give them the time of the day. It seems like a lot of old and jaded dudes seem to complain the most about how stagnant and mundane hardcore has become yet anything semi-progressive is trashed or given the title of being post-hardcore and most of the revival bands are trashed for being carbon copies of bands from a better time, at least in that persons eyes. I have the utmost respect for the hardcore bands of the 80's and enjoy several of them but bands like Black Flag and Poison Idea play some of really simple, straight forward music.

And I never thought I would say this because I myself have had disagreements with Mr. Moral but I have to side with him on this.
Number one, I listen to such a wide variety of music that for someone to basically say I'm narrow minded and only dig the stuff from a certain era with a certain sound is fucking ridiculous. I'm all for bands that branch out of the mold, but like I said before, that's not being done much these days by bands that go under the banner of Hard Core. Number two, I don't know what Black Flag and Poison Idea you've listened to, but both of those bands have a very wide array of sounds under their belts, especially Poison Idea. I find it hilarious that you pinpoint them as an example of a generic sound when they've been bashed over and over for exactly the kind of experimenting and broadening of scope that you were accusing others of doing.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 01:41 AM

And before it's brought up, no, I don't consider bands who claim to be Hard Core yet actually play some shitty form of metal mixed with gangster rap to be any kind of progression.

Veritas odium parit
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 02:42 AM

Quote:
And before it's brought up, no, I don't consider bands who claim to be Hard Core yet actually play some shitty form of metal mixed with gangster rap to be any kind of progression.

I enjoy some E Town Concrete (though I wouldn't call the rap moments gangster).

And yeah, you're right, those two bands weren't exactly the best choices (though I still think Black Flag was simple on Slip It In).

I should've just said, you seem like the type who automatically hates on a band because they weren't around during your 'period'. You seem to hate on 90% of the bands that have come out in the nineties or later.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
better hope that judge isn't an earth crisis fan ;)

See, I'm in Philly so JD should probably have me there just in case the judge does like EC. Haha

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 09:30 AM

Quote:

If that was even half of what I liked I think you might have a point. Probably the only band that I listen to that meets that description in your book is Madball... and when I think shitty metal mixed with gangster rap I think Skarhead. Then again, I think you can see alot of gangster rap type stuff in Blood For Blood and I'm sure you'd disagree.

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:15 PM

Quote:

I should've just said, you seem like the type who automatically hates on a band because they weren't around during your 'period'. You seem to hate on 90% of the bands that have come out in the nineties or later.

That's not because of when they came out though, that's just because 90% of the bands from that time period suck shit through a straw.

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Quote:

If that was even half of what I liked I think you might have a point. Probably the only band that I listen to that meets that description in your book is Madball... and when I think shitty metal mixed with gangster rap I think Skarhead. Then again, I think you can see alot of gangster rap type stuff in Blood For Blood and I'm sure you'd disagree.
That wasn't directed at you at all, Dave. It was meant as an added comment towards Siczine.

Veritas odium parit
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 03:08 PM

mmm Madball and Skarhead.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-2-2008 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That's not because of when they came out though, that's just because 90% of the bands from that time period suck shit through a straw.

Haha, that's such a gross thing to visualize...

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top